GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
December should be a good classic joe month

Zandar
Thrasher
Roadpig
Gnawgahyde
Zanzibar
Lifeline
Sci-Fi
Airtight
Law and Order

plus Sideshow Hawk and Viper

Lifeline
Sci-Fi
Airtight
I saw those on BBTS awhile ago, and pre-ordered Airtight. But he's supposedly from the Renegades cartoon? Can anyone confirm if there is another, more vintage-styled Airtight coming out? Or is this essentially that? Because it looked very similar to the vintage style to me.

I saw those on BBTS awhile ago, and pre-ordered Airtight. But he's supposedly from the Renegades cartoon? Can anyone confirm if there is another, more vintage-styled Airtight coming out? Or is this essentially that? Because it looked very similar to the vintage style to me.

the one you pre-ordered is the classic update vintage style

Don't ask me why Hasbro decided to give him the renegade title,but it is indeed our "25th" classic update

technically Law and Order is a classic update aswell minus the color Scheme on his outfit

Awesome. Thanks for the response.

On a related note, I finally picked up a variation of this poster yesterday, after searching quite a bit for it:

gijoe.jpg

The one I have has fireworks in the (night?) sky, and no Skystrikers I don't think. Anyway, 1985 goodness :rock

Last edited:
Awesome. Thanks for the response.

On a related note, I finally picked up a variation of this poster yesterday, after searching quite a bit for it:

gijoe.jpg

The one I have has fireworks in the (night?) sky, and no Skystrikers I don't think. Anyway, 1985 goodness :rock

There will never, ever, ever be a greater toy year than 1985.

Agreed. I just think SE v2 (best action figure of all time) and the USS Flagg (best vehicle/playset of all time) push 85 over the top.

I can agree with that...85 was a pivotal year

the hated Quick kick was my favorite back then (sucker for martial arts stuff back then)

Yeah I was kind of cheating because technically the class of 84 was included on 85 cardbacks but I could see how a TF fan would choose 84 regardless.

1983 was also a good year for Joes that coincided with Kenner's full ROTJ product release.

Power of the Force and Dinobots were 85. Thundercats might have been 86.

I want to agree because, on the aggregate, I think it was the best Joe year. But if you factor in Transformers, Secret Wars, and first wave of Super Powers figures, I gotta give the nod to 1984.

Don't forget Masters of the universe,and Kenner Starwars that was still pushing Jedi toys

84 for me:
Storm Shadow
Baroness
Firefly
Mutt and Junkyard
Scrap Iron
Hooded cobra commander

Rattler with Wild Weasel
Water Moccasin with CopperHead
Stinger
Whale
Zartan and Swamp Skier

this was an excellent year

But the Terror Drome is by far my favorite playset, so 86 comes close, they had some very influential figures then too.

Back