GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

These are showing up more often now. A buddy of mine landed wave 2 for me and my last trip to Target produced a TON of Cobra Commanders, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow which weren't there a few days ago...

I just hours ago picked up Zartan, Red Ninja, 1st series Cobra Officer, and Firefly from Target. I'm still missing Shipwreck, Beachhead, Serpentor, Flint, and 2nd series Cobra Trooper; not to mention all the box sets. But I'm catching up fast!
They also had the Cobra legions box set. These are getting easier to find in stores but I wish more online stores carried them. The only ones I know of are Hasbro.com and Walmart.com, are there any others?

Complete Waves 2 & 3 have been VERY plentiful around here the past few weeks.

Now if only they pumped out some more wave 1. I still need a Flint...

Now if only they pumped out some more wave 1. I still need a Flint...

Yah odd that I see more Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander than Flint.

But chances are, repeat characters are less popular with even the more hardcore of joe fans.

And Stalker looks more like an indian dude than a black dude. Even the vintage. Why is that?

Yah odd that I see more Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander than Flint.

That's because Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander were used as carryover figures (along w/Snake Eyes) in Waves 2 & 3. Flint was only released in Wave 1.

I think more of Wave 1 is hitting the pegs. Last time I checked Target they had none, then yesterday they had all but Flint.
I need a Flint too. :banghead

Nice.

I've been out of the RAH loop too long.

And what is the deal with Flint? That flake is going 15-75 bucks on ebay??? Is he going to be released again?

Also found out my Shipwreck has a shark tat and Zartan has the color change logo. Guess these are supposed to be "rare omg l@@k htf" vatiations :rotfl

Oh no, I'm in deep.

I just got:

1x case of wave six - 1x Hd C. Commander, 1x Snakes Eyes Black, 1x Shipwrek, 1x Blade Destro, 2x Crimson guards, 1x Flash and 1X Snow Job

4x Crimson guards

1x Cobra 5 pack 2nd ver. (Legions)

Comic 2pack - (1) Ripper & Torch, (1) Skarlet and Hawk, (1) Destro and Breaker

1x Fireffly

1X Stalker

I really want Major Blood, Xomot & Tomax

Last edited:

I've been collecting these as well. I still need to get a Flint and Wave 3. I also need to try and round up some of the harder to find ones like Snake Eyes with black Timber.

I really wish they'd stop making all these damned variations of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. There's so many other figures that they could have made. It would have been nice to have a HISS driver in the Legions pack, or make others like Airborne, Blowtorch, Hawk, Clutch and Scrap Iron.

I spoke with the reps at the Joe Con and they said that the retail stores originally under estimated the demand for them and are starting to increase what they order.

Cool score on the Piper. They sold out before I could buy a few. If it wasn't for a trade with Brian, I would not have gotten one for myself.

John

i want to start collecting these because they were a big part of my childhood in the 1980's ..but i having trouble getting motivated because the only one i have are opened snakeyes with black timber. I think you will see some of the harder ones like flint at christmas time so fans and collectors who missed out on him will get second shot.

You all are right, Hasbro has said they underestimated the popularity and attention of this line and I think are ramping up to get more out there ASAP. Makes you wonder why they didn't do this years ago huh? :D

Not to mention that they are making a lot on the secondary market (eBay,etc.) so scalpers are snatching up whole sets when they see them!

There is also a mail-away DOC figure coming out...but the mail-away deal seems really stupid from what I've heard thus far...considering it wants six barcodes from the comic 2-packs instead of the single packs...c'mon now Hasbro!!!

I agree, wish I would have held on to alot of stuff I had.

For me i wish i would have not blew up, caught on fire, shot with bb gun etc. to my figs :D.

I picked up a few lately but stopped as all the bubbles are scratched dinged etc. the bubbles really look like crap!!! from Wally World. They have been putting out the Joe's slowly and it is frustrating also.

I'm glad I kicked my habit of these after Wave 1 or my wallet would be hurting. They totally kickass though.

I've got all of Waves 1-3 plus the black Timber and Pimp Destro (all still carded).....but I'm thinking about getting rid of them. They are cool and all but after buying 1:6 for so long now, the little guys just seem so damn small. Even though they don't cost much, it's still money that I could be putting towards any upcoming Superman/Batman releases from Hot Toys/Takara/Medicom.

It's that card art that pulled me in. Damn nostalgia!

I managed to get the silver Pimp Destro, but no joy on the gold one. I was told that the gold one sold out before doors were even open to the public.

John

It's that card art that pulled me in. Damn nostalgia!

Me too. But its the crappy card art modifications that helped push me away from this line. Plus I opened my Snake Eyes with Wolf and these guys just seem so frail. Hasbro really should have done these like the SW VOTC line and kept the card art EXACTLY the same. Snow Job was the first Joe I ever got as a kid (won him in a school Christmas drawing) but this updated card is just lame:

SnowJob1__scaled_600.jpg

Its still a cool toy line but not close enough to the vintage figures/cards for me.

What I'd really buy in a heartbeat would be a hardcover, oversized book showcasing all of the original art from the cards and boxes. I don't want just a picture of the card or the box, but the art only. Now that would rock! :rock

Back