GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

Yes, single carded Snake Eyes (Commando) will be out before those eight (he's on the back of one of the new card waves and was also previewed at the Joe Con the other day) which just leaves Baroness. In one of the Hasbro Q & A's they stated that all ten 5-pack figures would eventually be single carded so she should be out eventually.

Heads up! Reports are showing up that WAVE 3 is showing up at Target stores! I just found Wave 2 on Saturday! Talk about sending out the product, fast & furious!

Heads up! Reports are showing up that WAVE 3 is showing up at Target stores! I just found Wave 2 on Saturday! Talk about sending out the product, fast & furious!

Funny how the industry has changed. Back in the day they would release 12 or so new figures for the whole year. You would have all the same year and the next year to get a figure.

Now you see 3 or 4 waves of figures each year, and once the wave is done, they are gone from the market.

I heard about 3 but I still can't even find wave 2 in stores... :(

On a happier note, I did get a nice package in the mail with a JoeCon exclusive Rowdy Roddy Piper figure SIGNED!!! :monkey5

GIJoePiper1.jpg
[/img]

GIJoePiper2.jpg

Last edited:

Are people here still collecting these? I ask because I probably check once or twice a week at a Wal-Mart and Target near where I live and have only ever seen one Lady Jaye since the very first wave. Nothing else from waves 2 *or* 3. I monitor a few other Joe sites and it seems this is a common issue. I really hope that scalpers/collectors aren't clearing out all new product minutes after each store opens every day, because I certainly am not going to play that game.

These new figures look awesome!

Snow Job was the first GI Joe I got as a kid. I'm glad the skis still fit on his back.

DSC_0326.JPG

Check out the AWE Striker and 25th anniversary Crank Case:

DSC_0250.JPG

Even more incredible pics at this site:

https://www.joebattlelines.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=599&sid=6dd3d505ffd66c31ae5070726851f4aa

People with the silver "Pimp Daddy" Destro can swap out the head with the new version now.

destro01.jpg

I had forgotten the name, but the "dune buggy" as I called it as a child was my second favorite vehicle of all time - only runner-up to the classic M. Falcon. Duke, Snake-eyes ... heck, even Luke and Han used that classic vehicle to chase down the enemy in my backyard. I MUST own it again :D

All of my pre-orders haven't been fulfilled, when I asked, I was told that these things are flying off the shelves. It looks like Hasbro has a hit, and collectors are noticing.

MadCow, lucky score with the Piper signature!

I am up to date on my collection....got wave 3 today...very happy! Feel like a little kid again! here are pics

Re: Care Bears 25th Anniversary!!!

25th Anniversary?? Oh yes!!

Not G.I.Joe, Care Bears!!!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Well, I lucked out and found wave 3 this morning @ Target. Still no signs of wave 2 though. What the hell is up with Hasblo lately?!?!?

I agree with the rest of ppl on this topic, i would love the sideshow collection of these guys!

Thinking about buying the 3/4 figures of the 25th anniversary but I still like the original 82 series much better...

I managed to find Lady Jay and Buzzer today. That brings my 25th Ann. GI Joe count to 5. :lol Passed on Serpentor for the time being.
I'm still missing the Cobra Officer and Flint from the first series and all the rest of the others.

Picked up Firefly, Storm Shadow, Red Ninja, Snake Eyes, Beachhead, Shipwreck, Stalker and went ahead and got Zartan. All are pretty sweet, but this modern comic version of Zartan is a letdown and his face is green :monkey4

but this modern comic version of Zartan is a letdown and his face is green :monkey4

That's his color-changing face feature there, buddy. Just like the original figure pretty much...I believe the 25th Zartan's face changes color in cold...but don't hold me to it.

Anyone been seeing Wave 2 and Wave 3 in Northern Virginia? I've only found a lone Serpentor and that's it!

Well I figured that much :rolleyes:

Face should be normal in the package. Meh figure with poor feature.

Side note, anyone else remember back in the day the story that if you held Zartan next to a lightbulb he turned red :lol

Back