GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

Haha, Thanks all. I have just completed and submitted the opening for the 3rd Annual Gi Joe Stop Motion Film Festival which will be happening next month in Austin, TX. I hope all that see it enjoy it, it sure was fun.

on a side note, here is a quick video that friends found on YouTube and have emailed me. Check it out, it rocks. Very funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtYLOuVi9Ik&feature=player_profilepage

Do you have details on this as I live just out side of Austin.

Hello Shadow King, that's great I surely hope you can make it.

Here is the main site:

https://www.gijoefest.com/

I know it hasn't been updated yet, as there were a few issues to be worked out with Hasbro. You can write or call for an update. This is the response I got from Gio

"I'm just waiting on you. The last great one. But no big deal.
I'm also waiting on some legal issues to clear too. Hasbro and Music.

We have a premiere in Austin, TX as you know.
Take your time Adam, but NOT too much time...

Gio *******
FILM CURATOR

SIGNATURE-GI-JOE-FEST-1.jpg

i was just reading the first page of this thread....its funny but i thought the exact same thing...well, we were sure wrong..

also, it is crazy to think about how large the gi joe franchise has become since the beginning of this thread 2 years ago...crazy i say

Ha yup. Glad SS made me eat my words. Their best 1/6 line.

i have not bought a 25th figure in soo long. the ROC killed the 25th to me. I am absolutely uninterested in the items on the pegs. I cant even look at them when i go to stores anymore. i need my 25th cardbacks on pegs. I do have 30 figs in my pile of loot though lol

ROC killed my interest, as well. The only ROC-branded figure I'm getting is the Resolute Snake Eyes. Still haven't pulled the trigger on the Assault on Cobra Island packs, either. . .I need Wet-Suit and Recondo, but the others didn't interest me enough that I could justify buying those packs.

i will only buy alley vipers on single cards when the time comes. my army is big enough for now.

i have not bought a 25th figure in soo long. the ROC killed the 25th to me. I am absolutely uninterested in the items on the pegs. I cant even look at them when i go to stores anymore. i need my 25th cardbacks on pegs. I do have 30 figs in my pile of loot though lol

ROC put my interest in the line on hiatus. I really thought at some point when the movie line was done I would get back to it. That was before I decided to check out the SS line. Think my 3 and 3/4 days are done. It is SS or nothing for me from now on.

These figures are great and I love how SS does business. Throw the pre-orders up let people have at it for a few weeks then lock down a production number and call it a day. I hated the "hunt" or having to buy whole cases just to make sure you could get a specific item. Endless repaints, quality issues etc all sucked. I mean half the 25th line can't hold their damn guns.

ROC put my interest in the line on hiatus. I really thought at some point when the movie line was done I would get back to it. That was before I decided to check out the SS line. Think my 3 and 3/4 days are done. It is SS or nothing for me from now on.

These figures are great and I love how SS does business. Throw the pre-orders up let people have at it for a few weeks then lock down a production number and call it a day. I hated the "hunt" or having to buy whole cases just to make sure you could get a specific item. Endless repaints, quality issues etc all sucked. I mean half the 25th line can't hold their damn guns.

I am actually going to sell my SS snake eyes and cobra commander soon. I cant afford to stay with that line. 1/6th doesnt hold my interest for very long. had the complete Dead lineup...sold it..Had the SW line...sold it...Had the comic medicom marvel line...sold it....Gi joe ss....gonna sell it....
I see a theme there lol.

Saw a kid at TRU today buying the 25th Anni. 12" Beachhead and Shockwave (or whatever they named him). Future one-of-us with no interest in that ROC crap! :rock

The ROC stuff is just warming pegs everywhere I go. This was popular with the kiddies for a couple months, but like all childrens' fads and movie toy lines, it seems to be fading out.

Time to bring back the 25th line, Hasbro.

i was shocked at how many RoC figures were in my target...it was the most of any line.

The ROC stuff is just warming pegs everywhere I go. This was popular with the kiddies for a couple months, but like all childrens' fads and movie toy lines, it seems to be fading out.

Time to bring back the 25th line, Hasbro.

Let's hope they don't go the other route of, "Well, looks like the 3 3/4" Joes aren't selling, so let's cancel the line and think up something else."

I think I already posted something along these lines, but Hasbro are pretty savvy. I think they have a pretty sophisticated understanding of who their potential audiences are, so I doubt they would use ROC sales to anticipate the sales of the 25th Joes. Their behavior with Transformers recently reinforces this belief. I figure there is more quick money potential from ROC targeting kids, but more consistent, long-term returns possible from 25th anniversary targeting old farts.

But people being what we are, everyone gets tired of things after a while, so the break from the 25th Joes with the ROC figures could build renewed interest in the 25th Joes from people getting a little burned out as things were being cranked out so quickly once the line got going. I figure Hasbro realizes this and will exploit it. . .but time will tell. They surely dropped the ball not taking better advantage of the Resolute characters when that came out, IMO.

I think I already posted something along these lines, but Hasbro are pretty savvy. I think they have a pretty sophisticated understanding of who their potential audiences are, so I doubt they would use ROC sales to anticipate the sales of the 25th Joes. Their behavior with Transformers recently reinforces this belief. I figure there is more quick money potential from ROC targeting kids, but more consistent, long-term returns possible from 25th anniversary targeting old farts.

But people being what we are, everyone gets tired of things after a while, so the break from the 25th Joes with the ROC figures could build renewed interest in the 25th Joes from people getting a little burned out as things were being cranked out so quickly once the line got going. I figure Hasbro realizes this and will exploit it. . .but time will tell. They surely dropped the ball not taking better advantage of the Resolute characters when that came out, IMO.

Well, let's hope that they don't base this on the Hasbro exec they interviewed in ToyFare. He's the one who said that they'd gauge the return of the 25th Anny stuff on the success of the ROTC line.

I could be wrong. It sometimes is better to give powerful companies too little over too much credit. Transformers movie line seemed much more of a success than the Joe movie line (though I don't really know anything beyond what I saw on the pegs). So, maybe a failed movie line would have meant no Classics 2.0 :huh

I really enjoyed the 25th Anniversary line. I never did get any of the Resolute figures and will surely not be getting any ROTC line. It's hard to imagine though after 25 years they couldn't do better on the articulation on these figures. They should really fix the groin piece so these figures could sit, and correct the elbow joint to allow for more movement, and yes, downsize the scale of some of the weapons. Did they ever re-release the Cobra Vamp?

I really enjoyed the 25th Anniversary line. I never did get any of the Resolute figures and will surely not be getting any ROTC line. It's hard to imagine though after 25 years they couldn't do better on the articulation on these figures. They should really fix the groin piece so these figures could sit, and correct the elbow joint to allow for more movement, and yes, downsize the scale of some of the weapons. Did they ever re-release the Cobra Vamp?

The Joe Vamp or the Cobra Stinger? Answer is yes to either.

Back