GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

Did you see the face? All new Resolute headsculpt:

3192521849_65713b93ca.jpg

looks like john belushi on growth hormones

I think they just went overboard with the Asian features. I may be wrong, but I don't recall even seeing Tunnel Rat in Resolute.

He was there. His part was kind of random though, I think he utilized his expertise for seeking enemies and booby traps in tunnels by going into outerspace and screwing around with some type of Cobra satellite.

The look of the original Tunnel Rat was supposed to be based off of Larry Hama, and I can almost sort of see a resemblance with the new figure. If the face wasn't as squished up it might look a little better. Hama does have squinty eyes.

He was there. His part was kind of random though, I think he utilized his expertise for seeking enemies and booby traps in tunnels by going into outerspace and screwing around with some type of Cobra satellite.

Oh right, yeah, I remember now. I don't recall him having the same uniform as his 1980s counterpart at any time, though... (Again, I might be mistaken - I only watched Resolute once online, wanted to save the next time for higher quality DVD or Bluray).

And we salute you for that, Khev! :rock :flag
army.gif

Has anyone heard anything else about this Resolute boxset they are supposedly making? To my knowledge the figures that are currently in "existence" are:

Duke
CC
Trooper
Snake Eyes
Storm Shadow
Destro
Roadblock
Gung-Ho
Scarlett

If I remember correctly, the Res box set is scheduled for 2010 (if Hasbro decides to make it). Not sure what figures will come with it but my guess is it will be the previously unreleased Res figures and some repaints.

I hope Hasbro gives Res some more attention. I'd love to see a Res Zartan and Ally Viper in 3 3/4" plastic. And even though their appearences were breif, I'd also like to see a Res Cover Girl and Beach Head.

i have not had time to follow resolute yet. i cant wait to see it.

Anyone have a Dr. Mindbender they're willing to sell/trade?

Here are a few shots I took a while back. I really want to get back to working with these guys.

IMG_7841-1.jpg

GiJoe33-4CWHouseTakeIIc.jpg

GiJoe33-4CWHouseTakeIIb.jpg

GiJoe33-4CWHouseTakeIIa.jpg

Anyone have a Dr. Mindbender they're willing to sell/trade?

I believe I do... I picked up two of the Cobra sets for the extra army-builders and I think he's around here somewhere. I'll send you a PM...

Thanks a lot Dprime, i responded hopefully we can work something out, He's one on the last figures I'm looking for. Him and the 2nd five pack Baroness. Is she the same one that was re-released as a single pack? I don't really dig the Zartan with the pinkish breastplate so she's the only one I want from that series. Can anyone tell me is she is any good? Thanks again.

Thanks a lot Dprime, i responded hopefully we can work something out, He's one on the last figures I'm looking for. Him and the 2nd five pack Baroness. Is she the same one that was re-released as a single pack? I don't really dig the Zartan with the pinkish breastplate so she's the only one I want from that series. Can anyone tell me is she is any good? Thanks again.

WAY better than the first version.

I know I am in the minority, but I never had a problem with the first released Baroness. I did strongly consider getting that 5 pack for the Zartan, though. I still need to pick him and the "Hall of Fame" version of the big Z.

First off Dprime, thanks for your help, I guess I need to keep searching for a loose Dr. Mindbender. I just don't want to go the ebay route.

Thank you Cryoguns, she looks a lot better.

Karamazov - the first Baroness seemed too bow legged, and she can't really be placed in the sitting position, which is unfortunate. Also, IMO her costume looks better with the new release.

This is technically ROC news, but I don't really want to post in that thread. So. . .looks like Hasbro will not heed the lessons of the past:

attachment.php

Fits with the movie, I guess.

Back