God Of War: Ascension

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bit off topic but good way to revive it :)
kb.jpg

A new God of War trailer will be unveiled during the Super Bowl. From the quick little teaser/glimpse it looks like it will kick ***.

incase you guys cant wait and want to see what ur in for when u buy the game. here is 30min of the start of the game. obviously spoilers ahead if u watch.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYJ4A53UziQ&sns=fb[/ame]

And this looks miles better than GOW3 becuase????? Like honestly the fights, the set pieces. Damn they look good.

Damn, those were both really awesome videos. That being said, I will not be picking this one up (for now). I already have 5 GoWs on my need-to-play list from Black Friday, and I'd prefer to get through some of those before adding more fuel to the fire.:lol I love the series, though, and I've been playing since it first came out. I've just never got around to beating one.:lol

Thought the Super Bowl trailer got me pumped, but damn the 30 minute gameplay video has me absolutely stoked. It looks and plays fantastic. Hopefully there is a more varied level selection than God of War III (my only real complaint was the taverns and cube levels were just long and very repetitive). It's great to have Kratos back.

I am a big God of War fan, but I wonder how many times they can keep making these God of War game without it getting stale? You see lots of game companies "milking" the big franchises instead of taking risks for a new IP. I got bored of Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, and now Assasin's Creed is starting to become a bit stale to me.

I still love God of War, but what concerns me is that how many times can this Santa Monica studio can keep on slipping in new stories between God of War 1-3 and make a game out of it. My only reason is that its a reliable franchise and the gameplay isn't getting stale yet to everyone who is a fan. I just hope they don't milk it so much to the point where this franchise is all they are doing and not create a new franchise to milk from.

That live action Kratos vid made made me cream my pants!!! He is such a badass!!! Game looks amazing and march cant get here soon enough! Po'd the statue edition and im gonna grab me the controler. Thinking about getting the red ps3 edition too, been waiting for that since the 3rd one.

I am a big God of War fan, but I wonder how many times they can keep making these God of War game without it getting stale? You see lots of game companies "milking" the big franchises instead of taking risks for a new IP. I got bored of Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, and now Assasin's Creed is starting to become a bit stale to me.

I still love God of War, but what concerns me is that how many times can this Santa Monica studio can keep on slipping in new stories between God of War 1-3 and make a game out of it. My only reason is that its a reliable franchise and the gameplay isn't getting stale yet to everyone who is a fan. I just hope they don't milk it so much to the point where this franchise is all they are doing and not create a new franchise to milk from.

All fair points. As long as the storyline goes to new places and there new additions to the gameplay it should be fine. My biggest concern is they are literally trying to cram more greek mythology and force them into Kratos' timeline any which way possible. They are having to dig deeper now to find Kratos a worthy opponent yet you can't do too much because remember he was a bit skeptical that he could even kill a god in the original game, despite the fact that he'll likely kill the Furies in this one and killed Persephone (not to mention imprisoning Atlas) in CoO. So they don't have much to play with.

But after briefly knowing Kratos as remorseful and humane (somewhat) in the first God of War, he really became fueled with so much rage and anger in the sequels that he became machine (or so "god"-like) that he was a bit unsympathetic to many players. This game will allow us to get inside Kratos' more people-friendly head again and remind us why we loved the character so much the first go-around. The boss fights are always top-notch and the new fighting/kill combat moves are always fun to watch.

It may grow stale one day. But so far there hasn't been a weak entry in the series and the plot is always very driven unlike CoD. This should be the last GoW game for like 5 years though....then come up with something new and fresh to bring Kratos in PS4 fashion.

Back