God Of War: Ascension

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After this I hope they can develop a story after the events of GOW 3. Kratos obviously survived and I'd like to know what happened to him.

Here's my issue with Greek Mythology, especially how it pertains to God of War III: it makes no difference if he lived or not. His existence would continue regardless. He basically left the underworld in chaos after taking Hades' soul. Whatever plane of existence in mythology that his spirit would be sent to, he can escape, he always has, and now more than ever he has the golden ticket out. He should also have no problem being reunited with his family. He found so many ways back from Hades that he can't be contained. Hell, all he has to do is find Aphrodite. :rotfl

There's no finality. Especially for someone with the strength and power of Kratos. Hence, no reason for a cliffhanger with the bonus scene. Even the developers acknowledge that the underworld has never held him, and it certainly couldn't now.

I remember when this was first announced, that people were having fun and speculating that Kratos would go off and fight other mythologies gods...would be so awesome :lol

Had David Gaffe stayed on as director, it probably would have. He either was going to have Kratos kill all the greek gods than wage war on the other mythologies or have Kratos turn into the grim reaper itself and be forced to live forever alone with his memories and slowly turn into the twisted, skeletal version we all know of.

Most fans wanted to see those endings, but I'm relatively happy with what we got. I didn't hate the ending like many GoW fans. I thought it tied things up as well as possible.

A mix of CGI and Real Life put together:

[ame="https://youtu.be/1aDhfTGkLTg"]https://youtu.be/1aDhfTGkLTg[/ame]

Whoever picked the music for this clip has really no clue about GOW and it is a shame. This is Sparta man...Nickelodeon child songs have no place here :slap

Really: who decided for this song :thwak

:lol

Would be good if they mixed in the GOW Rage Of Sparta Theme Song.

[ame="https://youtu.be/ILUMFISGm8s"]https://youtu.be/ILUMFISGm8s[/ame]

Whoever picked the music for this clip has really no clue about GOW and it is a shame. This is Sparta man...Nickelodeon child songs have no place here :slap

Really: who decided for this song :thwak

What are you talking about. The whole trailer was about Kratos' humane side and cherished memories of loved ones and better days. I don't think screamo music would have really got the proper emotion across...

Besides, all those violent games are coming out with soft, more timid songs in their trailers. Like Dead Space having twinkle twinkle little star and Bioshock having Beyond the Sea in the ads. Halo 4 and Dante's Inferno did it as well. It's a nice dynamic imo.

Well it's just my opinion but I felt odd watching and hearing this trailer.

Having twinkle twinkle little star for Dead Space doesn't really stand as an argument. God of War is not Dead Space or Bioshock, it really is a different game.
Also, nothing wrong using more "soft" music but there is a big difference regarding the quality of that particular music/song...although "Kratos" and "soft" are two words that have absolutely nothing in common :)

Don't misinterpret what I have written. It doesn't have to be pompous or extra "loud" to be heard. It just has to have quality.
The song used in the clip is really bad or perhaps to be more accurate: it is improper, incompatible.

...and don't forget: it is just my opinion. Why should we have to write this to every single of our posts. If we all agreed there would be no forums :hi5:

Well it's just my opinion but I felt odd watching and hearing this trailer.

Having twinkle twinkle little star for Dead Space doesn't really stand as an argument. God of War is not Dead Space or Bioshock, it really is a different game.
Also, nothing wrong using more "soft" music but there is a big difference regarding the quality of that particular music/song...although "Kratos" and "soft" are two words that have absolutely nothing in common :)

Don't misinterpret what I have written. It doesn't have to be pompous or extra "loud" to be heard. It just has to have quality.
The song used in the clip is really bad or perhaps to be more accurate: it is improper, incompatible.

...and don't forget: it is just my opinion. Why should we have to write this to every single of our posts. If we all agreed there would be no forums :hi5:

No but my argument was that having "Twinkle twinkle Little Star" is a soothing, calming song. It's a song that children go to sleep too. Using it to introduce an audience to "Dead Space" is a stark contrast that it really left a memorable impression. Same with "Beyond the Sea" for Bioshock or Dante's Inferno using "Ain't no sunshine when she's gone" (love songs for dark, gritty, violent games).

I think the type of music is the last thing someone would connect to the dark world of "God of War", but since it's about tragedy, the type of song fits. Especially with the trend above. But if you don't like the song just because you don't like it, that's fine too. It's certainly not going to be playing on my iPod, but it does fit in with the advertisement quite well...the visuals and the emotion that we are supposed to feel for the fallen warrior and his inner turmoil.

ya the music at 1st to me was a bit odd but then it grew on me as i kept watching it. but atlest the game will have the familiar gow music. i think this one has the best soundtrack of them all. cant wait for everyone to get there hands on the game :D

Yeah...it's really the only thing I'm looking frward to within the next month movie/game wise. I havent bought a game since ACIII and Playstation All Stars so I need something new...

Did anyone do that Rise of Warrior challenge thing to get early access to the demo yesterday?

The more I think about it, the more I think this should have been a ps4 title.

Back