Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No question he looks perfect in this shot.

SH-MonsterArts-Godzilla-1964-Image_zps6e168fdf.jpg

No question that Sakai is the master. It's just something is just a bit off to me in that photo. When I copare that photo to my Sakai model the only thing I can think of that makes it look off to me is perhaps G is too hunched over or something. Again it's great in all the other photos but there is something slightly off in this photo. No big deal.

tumblr_mi2v1rTqSV1rnporpo6_500.jpg

room015.jpg

It's possible the angle and lighting are throwing you off.

Well don't forget, as great a job as they're doing with these MonsterArts figures, some things need to be a little off for the articulation joints. I'm sure the neck is a little off on this becaouse of all the neck pieces. The '93 neck isn't perfect, but it's close enough.

You'll never beat an unarticulated Sakai piece, but when you add as much articulation as these figures, there will be some concessions. I do think they're making the most faithful, accurrate figures of Godzilla with this much super articulation. I marvel at what they pull off with these figures as much as I do at the figures themselves. It took so long to get figures like this, I'm sure a lot of thought goes into each on and how to execute the articulation best and not lose much of the looks. The fact that they can do this and turn out as many figures and as often as they are, very impressive.

This silhouette seems to suggest that 30 cm Godzilla 1984 might be next X-Plus.

420276_10151305306806139_323834135_n.jpg

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

Obviously much still to be seen, but if they are doing it, and that is a silhouette of the actual X-Plus piece, this could be very badass.

My wife got me The Godzilla DVD set
Watched Godzilla vs Mothra yesterday
Might watch some Monster x action tonight

I am a very casual Godzilla collector...I bought a couple Godzilla's and a Mecha-G of the six-inch Bandai line...but was wondering what you all think is best for the 12-inch line?.....something I can put in with my Hot Toys 1/6th scale display cases.....

I am a very casual Godzilla collector...I bought a couple Godzilla's and a Mecha-G of the six-inch Bandai line...but was wondering what you all think is best for the 12-inch line?.....something I can put in with my Hot Toys 1/6th scale display cases.....

I'd wait to see what they have planned for the Tamashii Perfect Model Godzilla that was shown last year. It's a part of a line of highly detailed 12" figures and I think they'll use a method to make him pretty articulated. Don't know if it's going to have a body under suit for articulation or if they'll add articulation to it like the MonsterArts, though. He'll be very pricey, however, if the previous releases in the line are any indication.

[ame]https://youtu.be/2vwAHiZQmLw[/ame]

I'd wait to see what they have planned for the Tamashii Perfect Model Godzilla that was shown last year. It's a part of a line of highly detailed 12" figures and I think they'll use a method to make him pretty articulated. Don't know if it's going to have a body under suit for articulation or if they'll add articulation to it like the MonsterArts, though. He'll be very pricey, however, if the previous releases in the line are any indication.

https://youtu.be/2vwAHiZQmLw

:lecture This is the one I'm waiting for. It appears to be the '89 G.
If the quality in the Tamashii C-3PO Perfect Model is any indication, then yes. This will not only be pricey, but will have the potential to be the definitive '89 Godzilla in 12" scale.

The line is quite strange so far, Godzilla and C-3P0 in the same product line, odd grouping. Wonder how many Godzillas they may do, and if few, I'd be curious to know why they chose '89 of all suits for such a line, I'd think the original '54 would be a prime choice for a somewhat elite product line.

This silhouette seems to suggest that 30 cm Godzilla 1984 might be next X-Plus.

A '68 (or '67, I'll take what I can get) and '99 would sure be nice at some point.
How many 30cm pieces does X-Plus usually put out per year? Two? Three?

The line is quite strange so far, Godzilla and C-3P0 in the same product line, odd grouping. Wonder how many Godzillas they may do, and if few, I'd be curious to know why they chose '89 of all suits for such a line, I'd think the original '54 would be a prime choice for a somewhat elite product line.

Tamashii Nation's "Perfect Model Chogokin" line isn't necessarily a grouping of figures from a similar genre or theme. It's their line of figures that are suppose to be highly detailed, using multi-media (they're emphasizing alloys in this line), and exceptional craftmanship. Something like that. :)

Back