Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A '68 (or '67, I'll take what I can get) and '99 would sure be nice at some point.
How many 30cm pieces does X-Plus usually put out per year? Two? Three?

The 30 cm releases have slowed down considerably just recently. They've been focusing on the 10 inch line a lot more lately with one release after another. The last newly sculpted Toho 30 cm figure was Titanosaurus back in August. Everything else in that scale since then has been color variations like the natural color Godzilla 54 variant that I just got a couple days ago or the upcoming black and white Varan variant.

Yeah without a doubt that's '84. And don't they already have an X-Plus Godzilla '68?

They do. He was made in both scales actually.

You're gonna get this one right, Maul?

Assuming it looks as awesome as the silhouette. The 10" version was nice, but a bit disappointing overall. They got his more stoned, passive look, which is unique for '84 pieces, they've all tended to capture him more aggressive, but for me that's more ideal in a collectible. This looks more in line with the Kotobukiya '84.

While it's not as accurrate as the Koto, which is a Sakai sculpt, this is the most badass looking '84 Godzilla ever, I would love to own it.

Kaibutsuya

1984503.jpg

godzilla1984.jpg

kaibutsuya-1984godzilla-00.jpg

kaibutsuya-1984godzilla-222-2.jpg

kaibutsuya-1984godzilla-333.jpg

kaibutsuya-1984godzilla-000.jpg

This is still the best '84 ever, too bad it's only 8", Kotobukiya G84 sculpted by the master, Sakai.

g84.jpg

Oh, and some photos of the Tamashi G89 I found.

1344685058207.jpeg

Tamashii+Perfect+Model+Series+Godzilla+01.jpeg

Tamashii+Perfect+Model+Series+Godzilla+02.jpeg

Here are the unpainted prototype pics of the 30 cm Godzilla 1984. Looks like the exclusive item will be the mutant sea louse:

03011711_51306295a67eb.jpg

03011711_513062a2afc87.jpg

03011711_513062bbe67b4.jpg

03011711_513062cc5e811.jpg

They're also making Gyaos from Gamera in the 25 cm scale. Exclusive item is a mini flying Gyaos:

03011734_5130680b7ff9e.jpg

03011734_513068179bd15.jpg

03011734_513068248424a.jpg

Ya know I love these monsterarts items. I love their weight and their attention to detail.

I asked a few people a while ago if they thought these where good for kids and they said no. Well I went ahead and got them and my 7 and 4 year old have no issues with them. Of course Daddy has drilled it in their heads how to treat their toys. But they are pretty tuff toys unless you throw them around.

But 64 Godzilla is going to be for me. I assume we will be seing a Mothra soon. Hope it's a two pack. Moth and Larva.

Ha ha! As I type this my 4 year old just brought down the Monsterarts burning Godzilla.....Makes a Bad proud I tell ya!

I'm curious what sort of articulation you get out of the hip joint on the legs, so far the line has been great for hiding the joints and all, but this one is a little ugly and I'm not sure you'll get much out of it, I'd have just kept the hip solid and started with the thigh joint.

It's certainly a tricky situation, one that usually results in compromises being made.

Sightly off topic...

What does everyone think about having hidden joints, but G's body being made of rubber/latex or whatever it is the industry is using nowadays?

With human figures, part of the problem is the excess material that gathers as, for example, a knee bending. Material gathers and creates an ugly bulk behind the knees. Even worse, when an elbow bends.

For a G figure, however, the real studio suit gathers anyway so I don't think it would be much of an issue.

I would at least like to see one good attempt at it.
Perhaps the Tamashii might incorporate this idea. I don't see any joints on the surface.

It's certainly a tricky situation, one that usually results in compromises being made.

Sightly off topic...

What does everyone think about having hidden joints, but G's body being made of rubber/latex or whatever it is the industry is using nowadays?

With human figures, part of the problem is the excess material that gathers as, for example, a knee bending. Material gathers and creates an ugly bulk behind the knees. Even worse, when an elbow bends.

For a G figure, however, the real studio suit gathers anyway so I don't think it would be much of an issue.

Perhaps the Tamashii might incorporate this idea. I don't see any joints on the surface.

Yeah, the bunching is not so much a concern on Godzilla, and really his poses shouldn't be THAT extreme so it shouldn't stress the rubber too much. With humans you bend the elbows for gun poses and the like...but Big G just kind of stands there looking badass. :lol

Still I hope the rubber is pretty durable.

Sightly off topic...

My only concern with that would be, could they keep the proper overall shape to him. Medicom pretty much did this once, with a 1/6 scale body going into a 12" Godzilla suit. It's a neat concept but I find the figures just don't look as good as solid sculpted ones. I do feel like we should all probably have a figure of this type in the collection, just to have piece that connects to how the movies were done.

I really hope they get to 64 Ghidrah. Heisei Ghidorah seems to be selling rather slow, so I hope that doesn't affect the 64's release likelihood.

I hope they get around to Megalon and Gigan.

Perhaps they may try to find a way to bring Showa Ghidrah down in price. I think the cost of Heisei version plus probably not being as popular as the Showa version have made it a tough sell. It's hard to pay 150% the cost of other figures for one that is seemingly no different or more complex.

Back