Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking to build a scenery set for a 1:87 or a 1:160 scale train set and I want it to be in the midst of a Godzilla battle. Now I'm wondering if anyone here knows of a good line or maybe specific pieces that would be good for that scale for the model display? I want everything as close to size scale as I can get.

I would ideally like a good Godzilla and Ghidorah but would love a Gigan and others if I can fit. It depends on the scale of the monsters.

Last edited:
I literally just cancelled my midtown comics order and ordered from Anime Island . it's cheaper ,no sales tax for me and I can put a deposit instead of paying in full. and they accept PP and midtown does not .

Looking for some information from anyone willing to provide it. What's the word on the X-plus reissues? What's what best site to find news on their announcement? Best place to PO them?

They're being sold through Previews magazine, which is available at comic shops. You'd probably do better buying from an online retailer that offers a discount. Anime Island, as Hydrobud mentioned above, is a good place to go to. Alter Ego Comics is also selling them. The price is higher, but I've bought from them many times before and their customer service is top notch.

As far as news about the re-releases, I'd join the X-Plus facebook group if you haven't already. The guys on there are always keeping a close eye on the Previews magazines and they've posted scans of the pages with the re-releases each time so far. Some guy there was at SDCC and interviewed Diamond about the X-Plus releases. I haven't watched it yet, but there might be some good info there as well.

[ame]https://youtu.be/w-OllwjkYqc[/ame]

Does this mean X-Plus is actually going back to these vinyls and producing new runs? If so, it's a bit of a bummer knowing the upcoming ones will look better than the ones I currently have (for instance if they were to dust off that '92 30cm sculpt and put one with paint apps to match their more recent offerings). But on the plus side, future releases will be nice and relatively cheap.

They're being sold through Previews magazine, which is available at comic shops. You'd probably do better buying from an online retailer that offers a discount. Anime Island, as Hydrobud mentioned above, is a good place to go to. Alter Ego Comics is also selling them. The price is higher, but I've bought from them many times before and their customer service is top notch.

As far as news about the re-releases, I'd join the X-Plus facebook group if you haven't already. The guys on there are always keeping a close eye on the Previews magazines and they've posted scans of the pages with the re-releases each time so far. Some guy there was at SDCC and interviewed Diamond about the X-Plus releases. I haven't watched it yet, but there might be some good info there as well.

https://youtu.be/w-OllwjkYqc

Thanks, Boba :duff

Yeah, I'm in the FB group. I click and read through every now and then to see what's going on. Sometimes I have trouble deciphering if they're talking about the re-releases though. :lol

I just don't want to miss the PO for anything Hedorah related :panic:

Does this mean X-Plus is actually going back to these vinyls and producing new runs? If so, it's a bit of a bummer knowing the upcoming ones will look better than the ones I currently have (for instance if they were to dust off that '92 30cm sculpt and put one with paint apps to match their more recent offerings). But on the plus side, future releases will be nice and relatively cheap.

I can't say for sure, but if those that were displayed at San Diego Comic Con looked exactly like the Japanese releases. I think they'll be straight re-releases of what was already put out in Japan, so your GMK Godzilla is going to be the exact same figure that's being distributed through Diamond. They are considerably cheaper, though. It sucks for somebody like me who has almost 30 cm Toho figure, but I'm just happier that they're being made available to a wider audience. I really love the X-Plus line. It's my favorite Godzilla toy line of all time.

Thanks, Boba :duff

Yeah, I'm in the FB group. I click and read through every now and then to see what's going on. Sometimes I have trouble deciphering if they're talking about the re-releases though. :lol

I just don't want to miss the PO for anything Hedorah related :panic:

I'll keep you updated here on any new releases as well.

I can't say for sure, but if those that were displayed at San Diego Comic Con looked exactly like the Japanese releases. I think they'll be straight re-releases of what was already put out in Japan, so your GMK Godzilla is going to be the exact same figure that's being distributed through Diamond. They are considerably cheaper, though. It sucks for somebody like me who has almost 30 cm Toho figure, but I'm just happier that they're being made available to a wider audience. I really love the X-Plus line. It's my favorite Godzilla toy line of all time.

Agreed. At first I thought I'd stop at maybe three 30cm Godzilla's and be done with it, but at $150-ish a pop these are cheaper than Hot Toys. :lol Might even get other monsters while I'm at it.

Agreed. At first I thought I'd stop at maybe three 30cm Godzilla's and be done with it, but at $150-ish a pop these are cheaper than Hot Toys. :lol Might even get other monsters while I'm at it.

I've got so many different monsters, it's ridiculous. I never thought I'd have such great representations of Varan, Titanosaurus, Gorosaurus and so on in my collection. I know you wanted a Godzilla '68 back when you were first looking into these. I have a feeling that they'll put that one out down the line as he's one of the most popular in the series. I'd also like to recommend the '68 Anguirus if they put him out. It's one of my absolute favorite kaiju toys of all time. It's so badass in person, it's not even funny.

A '68 would be great, but I much prefer the 25cm sculpt to the 30cm version. Doubt they'll do two poses for the same suit in the same series so I'll hold out for a 30cm '67 or something from the '70s. I'd love a '99 eventually, that's still on my wishlist too. :rock

I prefer the 30 cm Godzilla '68, but I'm 30 cm biased. I do admit that the 25 cm Baragon and GMK Godzilla sculpts are better, though.

I'd love for the 30cm '84 to pop up cheap at some point but as is there are still plenty not selling right now but prices high.

I prefer the 30 cm Godzilla '68, but I'm 30 cm biased. I do admit that the 25 cm Baragon and GMK Godzilla sculpts are better, though.

I prefer the 30cm GMK myself. Sure would be nice to get a 30cm 2001 Bargain to go with him...

I'd love for the 30cm '84 to pop up cheap at some point but as is there are still plenty not selling right now but prices high.

I was really excited about him, but he's a little too skinny from what I've seen. If I see him on clearance anywhere, I'll let you know

I prefer the 30cm GMK myself. Sure would be nice to get a 30cm 2001 Bargain to go with him...

I really thought the 25 cm captured the menacing look of the suit a lot better. They had released the 25 cm before the 30 and I was kind of hoping they'd just up scale the 25 cm sculpt since I liked it so much. Even more so, I would have liked it if they had just used the Monster Maker model kit liked they had done with some of their earlier releases. It looks amazing.

g02a.jpg

I love the posing options with this, Battra's going to be great!

All right, guess Biollante won't be my last SHMA figure. :lol Now we just need Mothra and I'll be done with this line. Not interested in anything but the Heisei era from Bandai, the rest of my Godzilla merch will come from X-Plus.

Very strange that they deviated to the Showa era for one figure and then back to Hesei. Would love to see an '84 in this line, and thinking about it, I'd really like to see a G2K, I bet that one would look amazing.

Back