Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know the story about this yet...but if these are x-plus I am in deep ****. These are gorgeous.

13390f0c6336e6b13e9ee055a0520ff0.jpg

3996fd685a801ba579a8f6172db810c7.jpg

Obviously the top is sakai's 2000. The bottom is shinzen's stylized GMK. Dont know if or how they are being released but...something is coming.

I like shinzens work, but I much prefer his paleo sculpting better than his godzilla interpretations....but his texture-work in general is unbelievable.

I really hope they don't get into doing too many of Shinzen's pieces. Let's leave the stylized to the Gigantic series. MM28 pretty much made a perfect GMK and all the rest of the monsters from that movie as well. Why doesn't X-Plus try to rekindle the relationship there? Just picked up the new 30cm 1974. Shouldn't have passed on getting the 1984, but I'm sure I can get it on the secondary market if it bothers me too much.
GMK.jpg1984.jpg1974.jpg

We don't even know if X-Plus is using that Shinzen sculpt, it's just a piece on display, the only confirmed is the '91.

We don't even know if X-Plus is using that Shinzen sculpt, it's just a piece on display, the only confirmed is the '91.
Read GodzillaSpawn's post a little too quickly. Definitely hope X-Plus isn't using any Shinzen stuff.

In some form or fashion im hoping that gmk hits as a vinyl this year. It's beautiful. Let it be gigantic I'm more than okay with it.

Yeah, I love GMK, maybe third or fourth on my list. I could go for a more accurate one in gigantic form, but that's not going to happen.

Yeah, I love GMK, maybe third or fourth on my list. I could go for a more accurate one in gigantic form, but that's not going to happen.
Not with this line at least. I love the design and maquette. But I didn't like the hunch and belly on the suit for some reason. So I do like the stylized takes on him as well.

Talking about belly....took him out today. I love King-Goji.

89014df8781c54373faf96e062e00177.jpg

6ab69d482dd96ec2dad1a647566b4ac1.jpg

a20b7245a8edde44dd0a3ce015cf2c96.jpg

619a3479a450cabcdf7c854faa016b90.jpg

I really want a gigantic 1954 or 89 hell even 2000. I just think the gigantic figures have much potential. I love me some big godzilla figures.

Hard to believe one year ago I dont believe I've had a single x-plus. I don't have near the collection that others do...I pick and choose the Zillas I want and try to avoid falling into getting the allies and enemies. But regardless, it happened so fast. And '62 is my favorite 30cm. He's so big I feel like he should cost so much more than the others lol.

254dbd3118a10847ac8c50b8918a964f.jpg

ee5cc596f7aa913d44d91888f1e0a87b.jpg

Sold my pre-painted 30cm West Kenji GMK, and went to town this evening on the kit version. Pretty happy with the results, and he looks fantastic with the X-Plus pieces I have:

Now I gotta do the companion Baragon, which has been built and primed, sitting in a drawer for 10 years.

Sold my pre-painted 30cm West Kenji GMK, and went to town this evening on the kit version. Pretty happy with the results, and he looks fantastic with the X-Plus pieces I have:

Now I gotta do the companion Baragon, which has been built and primed, sitting in a drawer for 10 years.

Great job!
You made the texture of the scales really stand out which is what the prepainted version really lacked....especially for a design whose scales are very jagged

I really want a gigantic 1954 or 89 hell even 2000. I just think the gigantic figures have much potential. I love me some big godzilla figures.

Just browsing the Japanese auction pages and came across this auction. ?????????RC??55cm???????????????? - ????! It's Yuji Sakai's old 55cm 1989 kit. Current bid at about $2400 with current exchange rate. Got me to wondering if they could possibly get this one into the Gigantic series. Not likely since the mold is probably a pile of dust. It is his early work and even though he has always been one of the best, it's not as great as his current stuff. Wanted to see what others thought about the look. Not stylized enough? There is the current Gow Row 50cm version I posted before also.
89gigantic.jpg
89gig.jpg

I have the Tokyo marui r/c. It's definitely one if his best sculpts in my opinion....
I love the fact that if you don't assemble it, the suit is an awesome display all on its own....in fact, Tokyo marui, once upon a time, sold the suit for the r/c mechanism as a separate replacement part for collectors.

I love it....the whole thing is a sort of latex rubber, but very durable with vinyl parts like the dorsal spikes, roof of the mouth with teeth, tongue, jaw, fingers, toes and part of the tail.....it's an unbelievably beautiful piece all on its own.....stuff it with newspaper and it stands on it's own without the mechanism.....

Eyes are printed polycarbonate "shells"--looks really sharp

Hard to believe one year ago I dont believe I've had a single x-plus. I don't have near the collection that others do...I pick and choose the Zillas I want and try to avoid falling into getting the allies and enemies. But regardless, it happened so fast. And '62 is my favorite 30cm. He's so big I feel like he should cost so much more than the others lol.

254dbd3118a10847ac8c50b8918a964f.jpg

ee5cc596f7aa913d44d91888f1e0a87b.jpg

I really have to catch up and get the 54, 64, 74 (is there a 30cm.), and 84....

Back