Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol An alarm clock with godzilla's roar would be so freaking scary. You just jump out of bed and run out the door.

To which I reply with angry Godzilla SFX, skreeeeeeonk!!!!

Or if I'm happy I'll display a vid of Godzilla jumping, and if I'm in the bathroom I'll use video from vs Hedorah :lol

Dont come in! :lol

tumblr_mvx62wtTYN1r1x4nlo1_500.gif

Lol An alarm clock with godzilla's roar would be so freaking scary. You just jump out of bed and run out the door.
I've got a couple anxiety inducing Godzilla roar mp3s on my phone that I use for text tones or alarms occasionally. It's instant shock, followed immediately by fury and profanities. Haha.

Dear X-Plus, how hard would it be to make the arm, leg and neck joints movable? Would it really cost more?

Dear X-Plus, how hard would it be to make the arm, leg and neck joints movable? Would it really cost more?

It has nothing to do with cost, it's a matter of product style. Models like X-Plus are HUGE in the Godzilla world, most figural representations are statues or non-poseable vinyls of some form. That's why SHMA was such a big deal when it first came out, the first Godzilla figures with joints beyond hip, tail, shoulder and neck.

I think a few X-Plus have posable jaws for some reason but mostly they're just hollow vinyl statues, which is why I think they're pretty overpriced, their pant apps, at least on Godzilla himself, are pretty basic and look mostly like airbrush work, nowhere close to the level a hand painting custom artist could do, and they cost $150 plus and seem like they should cost about half that much. Aside from some sculpt difference, the X-Plus 2014 isn't that much different from NECA, NECA's figure cost about $60, has like 30 points of articulation and is a heavy, more solid collectible. I love the look of X-Plus product but the value you get for the price you pay, to me, is one of the worst in the industry.

Vinyls in general are extremely expensive. Given that certain VCDs may run up to $200 and they're smaller (and simpler) than X-Plus, I can kind of see some added value -- which only increases once they sell out. It's an interesting market for sure. You don't know why you're spending so much money, but as soon as they're no longer available for MSRP, you feel like you did something right.

Put up a floaty shelf from Ikea and loaded it with just my SH Figurearts (forgot to unbox my Destroyah). I need to get frames for those comics too.

Q6AG2Ya.jpg

I've got a couple anxiety inducing Godzilla roar mp3s on my phone that I use for text tones or alarms occasionally. It's instant shock, followed immediately by fury and profanities. Haha.

Had the T. rex roar from jp on my phone every time I got emails . It didn't last long cuz the roar kept going on lol

oh wow, that's pretty serious. is this 30cm - 12" scale?

We're thinking it's 25cm scale, simply because Destroyah was so much taller than Godzilla in the movie. But he looks about the same height as the 30cm G2014 (which is actually ~32cm) so he could pass in a display of 30's.

So technically, yes. :) 12" tall, but 9" scale. This is all just speculation though. X-Plus has yet to tell us anything about scale, actual height, price, or release.

SHMA 2014 looks like he's hiding in shame "NECA 12" is so much cooler than me." :lol

Very cool, so not only did a I miss meeting Nakajima at a con in Boston a month or so ago, apparently Akira Takarada was there too :( Would have been amazing to meet them both, maybe the same con next year might have them again and I can go.

SHMA 2014 looks like he's hiding in shame "NECA 12" is so much cooler than me." :lol

Very cool, so not only did a I miss meeting Nakajima at a con in Boston a month or so ago, apparently Akira Takarada was there too :( Would have been amazing to meet them both, maybe the same con next year might have them again and I can go.

:lol yup

Nakajima-san will soon be too old to travel. :(

Back