Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
357d989b2780009b30cf2bf06c040ec4.jpg

1ebf6ae0ff0fbf5b598255d5f36a194e.jpg

b4bc24f98379ef0c8976a178bda7399f.jpg

6e51830aef1949a7f338796398c45ab8.jpg

Blows '89 away!!!! Like I knew he would.

sweet jeeebus thats awesome.:clap

why is the repaint of the 2000 SHMA no where on Japanese sites? only see it for PO at bigbad.

Beautiful!
I had a delay with mine, but I should be getting it in the next 2 days....

Beyoooooteeeeful!!

The most awesome representation of the heisei godzilla!

Yeah, I just meant both look way better than anything sculpted by X-Plus.

Looking at them side by side, I feel like the sloght downward tilt of the head on the 91 adds so much character.

Don't know if this confused you jye4ever, but they are both Sakai sculpts.

Now it makes sense. :lol

Thank you :hi5:

Yeah, I just meant both look way better than anything sculpted by X-Plus.

Looking at them side by side, I feel like the sloght downward tilt of the head on the 91 adds so much character.

I thought I was going nuts. :lol

The 91 looks incredible, very mean looking.

It's straight out of the movie...Yuji sakai is truly the master of godzilla........imagine if he sculpted for sideshow

It's straight out of the movie...Yuji sakai is truly the master of godzilla........imagine if he sculpted for sideshow

For me, you can't do any better than him. That's not to say pieces by other artists can't have their own value, but if you're looking for authenticity to the source, you can' beat him, he not only gets the general details, but he understands poses that sum up Godzilla for each film so well, there aren't many pieces from him I don't admire and long to own. I will say, the '89 he did that Kotobukiya released as a 3 foot tall kit, is not my most favorite pose choice, it's like a mid-Biollante fight pose and without a Biollante attacking him, it's just not the coolest pose.

You can look at the shot of the '89 and '91 together and honestly, I don't see it as a difference of Sakai doing better with one or the other but rather, each being the perfect representation of their movie. Other than when fighting Biollante, that '89 is pretty much how he always looks through that movie, pretty basic poses. In '91 he gets more active and can be found in more action style poses and that's perfect embodied in the piece.

For me, you can't do any better than him. That's not to say pieces by other artists can't have their own value, but if you're looking for authenticity to the source, you can' beat him, he not only gets the general details, but he understands poses that sum up Godzilla for each film so well, there aren't many pieces from him I don't admire and long to own. I will say, the '89 he did that Kotobukiya released as a 3 foot tall kit, is not my most favorite pose choice, it's like a mid-Biollante fight pose and without a Biollante attacking him, it's just not the coolest pose.

You can look at the shot of the '89 and '91 together and honestly, I don't see it as a difference of Sakai doing better with one or the other but rather, each being the perfect representation of their movie. Other than when fighting Biollante, that '89 is pretty much how he always looks through that movie, pretty basic poses. In '91 he gets more active and can be found in more action style poses and that's perfect embodied in the piece.

Oh Yeah that 3' kaiyodo is killer!
They re-released it in the last 5 years...but if they did it as a built up figure, I'm all over that!

I love the kits, and it's not that I couldn't build one if I really wanted to, but it's just that I have this great appreciation for a well executed mass produced product that had awesome quality and appearing to have the fine touch of a custom build! ( Like hot toys figures )

I think that's why I love japanese toys in general.... Especially the vinyls, since they don't make thousands upon thousands of these pieces...
many of them only number in the hundreds or tens....

Back