Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a noobie question: are there any good Godzilla statues out there that might display nicely along with some of my Sideshows? I've seen some stuff on eBay and like the Godzilla vs. Ghidorah piece, but is there anything of Godzilla alone where he's like 20"?

Thanks.

Here's a noobie question: are there any good Godzilla statues out there that might display nicely along with some of my Sideshows? I've seen some stuff on eBay and like the Godzilla vs. Ghidorah piece, but is there anything of Godzilla alone where he's like 20"?

Thanks.

There are a few 20" statues of just Godzilla himself on eBay, but they'll break the bank. There's also a gorgeous 16" GMK by Fewture (he's sort of in a crouch so I would assume he'd be in-scale with 20" pieces).

This may or may not be the best place to ask, but are the US-released Godzilla DVDs the best choice for video quality? I wanted something that looked great without the crappy English dubs and the Final Box set is much too expensive. After some searching, I came across a few Region 3 DVDs of the Heisei films on eBay. They're Universe releases, lack the English track, and have cardboard slipcovers. All of this sounds great, but reviews seem to bash the video quality. Might there be a real collection out there (one of considerable size) similar to the Final Box without the hefty price tag? I'd spring for that set if it wasn't for the giant Godzilla head boosting the cost up.

Last edited:

Thanks.

The best Godzillas I've ever seen have always been vinyl, and if painted nicely, they can stand amongst the nicest of collectibles, you won't even know they're vinyl by just looking at them.

Blade, the Classic Media releases offer original Japanese versions and dubbed versions. There are also a few Sony releases that are good for having original versions, all of them overall have good picture quality. Godzilla 84 and vs Biollante are the only ones now without official US release.

A company called Tokyo Shock remastered Destroy All Monsters and it's now available on blu ray.

They were suppose to have Godzilla vs. Megalon already, but not sure what's going on. This is the next one I'd like to buy, remastered on blu ray.

Thanks.

There's a TON out there in the way of Godzilla figures/statues/kits...all ranging in price and size. Banpresto made a couple of gorgeous Godzilla figures that were about 15 inches tall I believe. Yah, here they are:

1.jpg

banpresto.JPG

I have the Godzilla 2000 one and the photo doesn't do it justice. And typically you can find either of them for less than 50 dollars I believe (or used to, hell they were 20 bucks when they first came out).

If you don't mind the higher prices, I'd check out X-Plus as well:
3804644643_bb29bcb21a.jpg

GODZILLA_1971_6_MARCH2011_XPLUS_11550.jpg

447728728_fccb76ec89.jpg

godzilla55_LL01.jpg

I've ALWAYS wanted the Godzilla vs. Anguirus 1955 set. Love the designs actually.

Hey guys. Quick question about the SH monsterarts Godzilla.

How well made are they? Would they be good for a six year old or even a four year old.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

How well made are they? Would they be good for a six year old or even a four year old.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure they could stand up to rough play. A hand or an arm might accidentally come off, but it may be possible to simply snap it back into the socket (this depends on the joint). The edges are pretty sharp, so that presents an issue.

Thanks for the tips on the movies, guys! It seems the Classic Media box set is a good place to start. I just wish there were more definitive DVD versions of the later Showa movies and, obviously, the Heisei ones. The licenses for the flicks are all over the place which makes things really difficult. You'd think Toho would've at least put out each individual movie on a more stripped-down disc since the Final Box is so pricey. Maybe if they do Blu-Ray transfers for the entire catalog at some point... :pray:

I'm not sure they could stand up to rough play. A hand or an arm might accidentally come off, but it may be possible to simply snap it back into the socket (this depends on the joint). The edges are pretty sharp, so that presents an issue.

I think my six year old/ soon to be seven could handle it. e is good with his toys. However I am afraid of his younger brother getting a hold of them.

That is an extremely generous offer, I am speechless at such a gesture, you're such a great person for this. That said, I do have that kit already, managed to stumble on an eBay auction years ago and he was my first non-Bandai 84. Keep him, it's a really cool kit and even if you're not a big 84 fan, it's not a 100% representation, there are touches of 54 and 84 concept maquette in it, I definitely treasure it for the sculpt quality, lots of detail, and a very unique piece among 84 collectibles.

its my pleasure ! and Thanks for the compliment . i have no problem helping out a fellow freak . i signed up my kid for the Jerseyfest seminar . once i get some pointers from her i think I'm gonna give this 84 a whirl. just gotta built up the courage first .

Had to pull this baby out after looking for my taller Godzilla figures. Godzilla '91 from Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah. Love this guy.

IMG_20120719_171125.jpg

IMG_20120719_171228.jpg

IMG_20120719_171330.jpg

Thanks fellas. Yeah, I love his design in that movie. I know it was pretty much the same costume as the Biollante movie, but the head was better in my opinion. I thought Godzilla looked awesome when he finds Shindo in the building and remembers him from his past.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Its very detailed and well made, but frankly I wouldn't recommend it for a 4 - 6 yrs old kid.

Its head pops out sometimes and we do not want the kid to swallow it by mistake. Also it has some pointed edges like the tale and the scales on the back which could be dangerous for the kid's eyes.

:lecture I would give it to a 9 yrs old kid. But that's only my opinion, please ask other fans for other opinions too.

Re: Age

Its very detailed and well made, but frankly I wouldn't recommend it for a 4 - 6 yrs old kid.

Its head pops out sometimes and we do not want the kid to swallow it by mistake. Also it has some pointed edges like the tale and the scales on the back which could be dangerous for the kid's eyes.

:lecture I would give it to a 9 yrs old kid. But that's only my opinion, please ask other fans for other opinions too.

Very good advice. :hi5:

Guys, longtime (actually lifelong) Godzilla fan here. I'm relatively new to collecting statues and had no idea there were so many Godzilla statues. If I were looking to get just one, what would you recommend? My favorite looking Godzilla is from '84.

I did see some Godzilla vs. Ghidorah statues on eBay, one where Godzilla has Ghidorah by the tail and I throwing him, and another where there are sort of wrestling together. They were cool, but they don't seem to be available anymore. There's one still up, actually, but it's like $200 more expensive than the last one.

I appreciate the input, gang.

If you mean statues as in kits, I have this site that shows almost all of them ever made. Most of these need to be painted and assembled, so I hope you are good with your hands a bit (I'm not, or I'd be buying these rather than the vinyls)

https://kaijukits.com/htm/god_gam_library.html

With this site, you can find the name and maker of particular statues and find them online easier. I recommend looking at all, but T's-Facto, Image, Yuji Sakai, Shinzen, Kaiyoda, and West Kenji typically make some great looking pieces.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is it a giant mutated pteranodon? Yes. Yes it is. Its S.H.MonsterArts Rodan :)

Got this on Friday hot off the presses! My 2nd entry into the MonsterArts line and its impressing me more and more. While i wasn't totally enthused about getting Rodan but picked him up anyway since he was only 2500 yen and boy am i glad i went ahead. Not only is the actual Rodan figure really nice but the wealth of extras he comes with is very impressive. Lets count up whats in the box:

1 x Rodan
3 x Glittery stands, 2 with logos!
3 x Pose-able rods for the stands
1 x Stand part for standing.
1 x Stand for flying
1 x Beam effect for Rodan
1 x Damaged Mecha Godzilla head
1 x Red beam effect for Godzilla

Not my Pic but to give you an idea :)
3_6.jpg

Quite the pretty little package for 2500 yen! I must say i think its great that Bandai went ahead and included the stands for Rodan because he would be no fun without them and then to include pieces for Mecha Godzilla and Godzilla so you can pretty much recreate the end fight from movie is just fantastic! Its also a fantastic marketing scheme lol as it really encourages you to pick up the other pieces, i really really want Godzilla now so i can utilize that red beam effect!

Such love and attention to detail for a minor character i cannot wait to see how Ghidorah comes out and hoping the line just gets stronger from here on out! Now wheres my Godzilla 2K and Gigan!!

Again not my pic but so you can see the Red beam effect part, i will be picking up a Godzilla real soon now lol

7.jpg

Back