Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's possible that the early proto of Burning G was just to show that Burning G was coming while Sakai worked on the sculpt. Sure a repaint would be ok, but the first G is not close enough to 95. Could also be that the line is succeeding beyond expectation and now they're willing to put in more work. I'm hoping for an '84 or an '89/'91.

Well you know me. I'd like to see a GMK Godzilla. However, I like what they're doing so far. Focusing on the Heisi era and making a large variety of the monsters that appeared in the films. Adult Destroyah will be something to behold when they get to him.

I do like that they are sticking with an era of films, as cool as the X-Plus line is, it's all over the place.

Gfest - I was only there on Saturday . we decided to take in the sites . these are the pics i was able to take before the camera died .

7-13thru7-19006.jpg

7-13thru7-19007.jpg

7-13thru7-19008.jpg

7-13thru7-19009.jpg

7-13thru7-19010.jpg

7-13thru7-19011.jpg

be nice these are My Daughters

7-13thru7-19012.jpg

7-13thru7-19013.jpg

7-13thru7-19014.jpg

7-13thru7-19015.jpg

7-13thru7-19025.jpg

7-13thru7-19026.jpg

7-13thru7-19027.jpg

7-13thru7-19028.jpg

7-13thru7-19029.jpg

7-13thru7-19031.jpg

7-13thru7-19032.jpg

Svengoolie - Never heard of him till i took this picture. apparantly he is a pretty famous Tv host in Chicago. he had a pretty big line for Autographs.

7-13thru7-19033.jpg

7-13thru7-19034.jpg

7-13thru7-19035.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted that Titanosaurus model, but I just didn't have the cash to spend after picking up Biollante. Wanted to meet Svengoolie too, but the line was a lot longer than I expected it to be.

This piece is just crazy cool.

7-13thru7-19017.jpg

And you know what, my favorite pic in that whole set is the one of your family cuz of what it stands for, seeing that makes me hope if I'm lucky enough to have kids some day, maybe we can enjoy this stuff together, I won't force it on them, hopefully just seeing me doing my thing will interest them. I feel lucky enough I have a wife I can enjoy my movies with and who supports me having my stuff, it's who I am and it's always nicest when you can share your passion for all this with people you care about most. You're lucky to share this with your family :duff

Dammit sideshow could work wonders if they made Godzilla statues

I've heard that Toho Godzilla is a tough license to get for western companies, and if you think about it, there really aren't any that make Godzilla stuff, I'd say the American Greetings ornaments have been the most.

There was Trendmasters back in the 90s, but you're right, not much in the form of U.S. produced Godzilla toys.

Bandai USA, but Bandai's had a foreign license for decades, and just decided to get rights to pump out product through Bandai America, which is odly, somehow, subpar versions of the same figures done nicely by Bandai Japan.

Yeah, I hate those Bandai Creations figures. Surprisingly, some Godzilla collectors really like them, though.

I hope Bandai works a little harder when they make the figures for the Legendary Pictures movie. Maybe even release the same toys to the Japanese and U.S. market. That'd be great.

While I am hopeful for Legendary's film to open doors for the likes of Sideshow, unless it also creates opportunities for those companies to do classic Toho designs, then I will reserve excitement for seeing the design of Legendary's G. While the tease shot is promising, there's still a lot to be seen before concluding like or dislike, even if the movie sucks, if his design is cool I'll want a figure of him. Hell, I still wish there was a nice, faithful piece based on Zilla, it's not Godzilla, but it's still a cool creature and if painted and sculpted accurrately, it'd look really cool.

I love the kit featuring GMK Godzilla and the GMK maquette versions of Angilas, Baragon and Varan. Would have been a cool movie in my opinion if it stayed those monsters instead of switching in Ghidrah and Mothra. More animal-ish fights and less beam shooting.

I also like that one Godzilla kit where he's standing in the water and it looks like a meaner looking mix of the original Godzilla and Hesei Godzilla. It's an interesting design...but the body and arms don't look proportionate to each other to me.

Oh, and I like the Burning Godzilla monster arts. I've always loved Burning Godzilla, but his figures are usually a disappointment. It's hard to get the burn parts to look right, and I hate how the tail is always pure white spikes even though his spikes are red and orange going down his entire back. Looks so lazy but most figures of him have that.

This piece is just crazy cool.

7-13thru7-19017.jpg

And you know what, my favorite pic in that whole set is the one of your family cuz of what it stands for, seeing that makes me hope if I'm lucky enough to have kids some day, maybe we can enjoy this stuff together, I won't force it on them, hopefully just seeing me doing my thing will interest them. I feel lucky enough I have a wife I can enjoy my movies with and who supports me having my stuff, it's who I am and it's always nicest when you can share your passion for all this with people you care about most. You're lucky to share this with your family :duff

Thank You ! it was cool hanging with them . and i dont even have to feel self concious , they already know im a nerd . by the way do you have any idea who they are posing with ? it looks familiar but i cant put my finger on it.

Back