Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a black one and a green one, I personally prefer the green. Banpresto seems to like variants, thei '54 came in black and brown.

LOL I like the black Banpresto better. The funny thing is though with the bandai vinyls, I like the green better than the black.

In either case, I echo your sentiments exactly about wishing the suit in the film looked like the original art and design for Godzilla. The head was more ferocious and angrier looking. And the body more streamlined and the dorsal fins, while jagged and bigger than the hesei series, were not so big that they were impractical.

Such a shame that they never went back to it.

just got my Explosion today . A Very Big Thank You to Mesa for going through the trouble of locating this beast in the mist of a billion booths at SDCC.

G036.jpg

G038.jpg

G040.jpg

G035.jpg

G001.jpg

G002.jpg

G003.jpg

G004.jpg

G005.jpg

G006.jpg

There's a black one and a green one, I personally prefer the green. Banpresto seems to like variants, thei '54 came in black and brown.

I was also looking at '54. I heard the brown version is film accurate. Due to the film being shot in B&W. Is this true?

I was also looking at '54. I heard the brown version is film accurate. Due to the film being shot in B&W. Is this true?

Well the black and white made Godzilla look black. But in actuality the costume was brown, making the brown one technically accurate. He just looks like the black one on screen.

Well the black and white made Godzilla look black. But in actuality the costume was brown, making the brown one technically accurate. He just looks like the black one on screen.

That's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure. Thank you

Anyone know where to locate the statue of Godzilla grabbing Ghidorah by the tail and swinging him through the air? There were some on eBay that didn't sell, but when I contacted the seller, he said that they were not longer available. The same seller simultaneously had them up on ioffer, where I tried to buy one, but the items were take down shortly thereafter. A google image search for Godzilla vs. Ghidorah war statue will show some sample photos for reference.

Don't know what's true or not but everything I've read or heard has said Godzilla's always been charcoal gray up until G v Megaguirus.

Don't know what's true or not but everything I've read or heard has said Godzilla's always been charcoal gray up until G v Megaguirus.

That's odd. Everything I read was that Godzilla's original costume was brown. That includes The official compendium, the "Japan's Favorite Mon-Star" biography (which I am selling on Ebay (wink-wink), as well as a journal from either the director or suit-actor (I forget which it was in).

Last edited:
Anyone know where to locate the statue of Godzilla grabbing Ghidorah by the tail and swinging him through the air? There were some on eBay that didn't sell, but when I contacted the seller, he said that they were not longer available. The same seller simultaneously had them up on ioffer, where I tried to buy one, but the items were take down shortly thereafter. A google image search for Godzilla vs. Ghidorah war statue will show some sample photos for reference.

are you talking about this one ? This kit is Called Big Slam and its gonna cost you Big Bucks . X-O Facto had one for sale for 599.99 then you have to put it together and paint it. i hope you are skilled if you are gonna drop that kinda coin on a 6 inch kit

https://www.kaijukits.com/library/zokei/godzilla1991_ghidrah_slam/gvskgts.htm

slam1.jpg

are you talking about this one ? This kit is Called Big Slam and its gonna cost you Big Bucks . X-O Facto had one for sale for 599.99 then you have to put it together and paint it. i hope you are skilled if you are gonna drop that kinda coin on a 6 inch kit

https://www.kaijukits.com/library/zokei/godzilla1991_ghidrah_slam/gvskgts.htm

slam1.jpg

There's nothing else holding up KG?
There might be a metal rod inside his tail connecting to another metal rod/structure inside Godzilla. :dunno

Regardless, nice looking piece right there.

There's nothing else holding up KG?
There might be a metal rod inside his tail connecting to another metal rod/structure inside Godzilla. :dunno

Regardless, nice looking piece right there.

look again . there is a black rod under KG's Belly

Back