Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are you talking about this one ? This kit is Called Big Slam and its gonna cost you Big Bucks . X-O Facto had one for sale for 599.99 then you have to put it together and paint it. i hope you are skilled if you are gonna drop that kinda coin on a 6 inch kit

https://www.kaijukits.com/library/zokei/godzilla1991_ghidrah_slam/gvskgts.htm

slam1.jpg

That's the one! However, I saw it listed for $200, and it was already painted. No idea it was only 6" tall, though. I was thinking that it was more like 12"...

That's the one! However, I saw it listed for $200, and it was already painted. No idea it was only 6" tall, though. I was thinking that it was more like 12"...

the one you saw was most likely a recast . that might explain the sellers behavior when you tried contacting him. recasting is extremely frowned upon in the modeling community .

the one you saw was most likely a recast . that might explain the sellers behavior when you tried contacting him. recasting is extremely frowned upon in the modeling community .

How can you tell if something has been recast?

How can you tell if something has been recast?

here is a link with alot of info

https://theclubhouse1.net/museum/RECAST.htm

if you are interested in getting into kit building , The Clubhouse is Great place for tips and info. ive yet to build my first kit but im inching my way there. hopefully jerseyfest will be the push that i need to get my nerve up.

if you are interested in getting into kit building , The Clubhouse is Great place for tips and info. ive yet to build my first kit but im inching my way there. hopefully jerseyfest will be the push that i need to get my nerve up.

Thanks, though I'm still not sure if I'll be able to tell if the Godzilla pieces I just picked up on eBay are recasts or not. They were pre-painted, x plus pieces. Guess I'll look them over closely when they arrive, maybe post some pictures for you guys to look over as well. Thanks for the tip!

That's frustrating to read. It's hard because the kits that I look at and potentially wish to buy as well as mutant-man are already hard to come by. Most of them are all in Asia anyway. In fact, many of the ones I looked at were in Thailand. And we have to get them from sites like Ebay or some unknown Japanese model shops/retailers and we can only judge the specific piece through pictures (if it is even that particular kit) without examining the resin, the texture, or the feel of it in person. Then, for us buyers without any assembly skills, we would be looking to get it put together (out of the box) anyway.

I wish these things were advertise more in other countries when they are first released. I hate not knowing about these things till they been out and already out of production. Wahhhhh. :(

Oh, but I'll be at Jerseyfest too. Should be interesting.

Thanks, though I'm still not sure if I'll be able to tell if the Godzilla pieces I just picked up on eBay are recasts or not. They were pre-painted, x plus pieces. Guess I'll look them over closely when they arrive, maybe post some pictures for you guys to look over as well. Thanks for the tip!

Which ones did you get?

I believe the X-Plus Statues all came prepainted .

That's frustrating to read. It's hard because the kits that I look at and potentially wish to buy as well as mutant-man are already hard to come by. Most of them are all in Asia anyway. In fact, many of the ones I looked at were in Thailand. And we have to get them from sites like Ebay or some unknown Japanese model shops/retailers and we can only judge the specific piece through pictures (if it is even that particular kit) without examining the resin, the texture, or the feel of it in person. Then, for us buyers without any assembly skills, we would be looking to get it put together (out of the box) anyway.

I wish these things were advertise more in other countries when they are first released. I hate not knowing about these things till they been out and already out of production. Wahhhhh. :(

Oh, but I'll be at Jerseyfest too. Should be interesting.

check out The Clubhouse. you might be able to find what you are looking for. plus you might be able to learn who to avoid as far as kits go.

Makes me wish Sideshow had a Godzilla series. You'd know the work would be quality, and you could pretty easily verify its legitimacy.

Finally received my X-plus Hedorah (landing form) today. This is my first X-plus figure and will not be my last. The detail is incredible and this particular figure is definitely a grail, as it's the first thing I remember consciously wanting a figure representation of, as a child.

moodyfrontshot.jpg

hedorahleftside.jpg

frontsideclose.jpg

frontlower.jpg

airsacs.jpg

sadHedorah.jpg

Hedorahfullbody.jpg

downfrontlonger.jpg

frontlitshot.jpg

The eyes are my favorite detail about this figure. The eyeball is actually embedded into a figure and has a thin film of plastic over the eyeball itself. Not only that but they included the little dots in the upper corners of his eyes!
hedoraheyecloseupmooody.jpg

Lastly, here he is with the Monsterarts Godzilla and then with my very first Godzilla figure I received as a child, hence the dirt :lol. (also the first action figure I can remember having)

hedorahandmonsterarts.jpg

oldschoolandnewschool.jpg

A special shout out to forum member, Boba Ben for actually bringing this figure to my attention, and letting me know it exists. Thanks again, Boba :duff

I'm glad you like it and am relieved that it finally arrived, Biojex. It looks very nice. The standing 30 cm Hedorah that I own is one of my personal favorites. It has the little laser beam dot too. I wonder if they'll make a flying version one day.

Coincidentally, that same Godzilla you have there was my first Godzilla toy as well. I've had him since I was three or four years old.

I'm glad you like it and am relieved that it finally arrived, Biojex. It looks very nice. The standing 30 cm Hedorah that I own is one of my personal favorites. It has the little laser beam dot too. I wonder if they'll make a flying version one day.

Coincidentally, that same Godzilla you have there was my first Godzilla toy as well. I've had him since I was three or four years old.

Thanks :) The standing version is definitely next on my list. I know there was an internet exclusive version of standing Hedorah that came with a little flying version Hedorah, but a full scale one would be very nice indeed.

Really?! the same one? That's awesome :hi5:

Back