Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, August 11th was the 50th anniversary of King Kong vs. Godzilla, so I gave it a spin in the dvd player last night. One of the best Godzilla films in my opinion. The ambiguous ending drives me nuts to this day. Too many people believe that it means that Kong won. Godzilla was tearing his ass up before Kong got bailed out by lightning, and even then, Godzilla was returning every shot that Kong threw at him despite the fact that they made him weak to electricity and dumb as a blonde. To me, the ending could just as likely be that Kong swam away to escape Godzilla underwater. What do you guys think?

It's ambiguous for a reason I suppose...

Also, if slimmed down a bit, I think the King-Goji suit is one of the best looks for Godzilla ever.

Well kong wouldn't stand a chance against Godzilla to begin with. That movie needs a remake lol

My 3rd MonsterArts figure and i finally picked up the man himself :D

god2.jpg

god3.jpg

god5.jpg

god10.jpg

More pic here - Godzilla Page

Well kong wouldn't stand a chance against Godzilla to begin with. That movie needs a remake lol

Did you know it was originally supposed to be Frankenstein (Japanese) vs. Godzilla? That's the reason for Kong being Godzilla's size and the lightning advantage.

That Bandai figure is exactly what I am looking for. I have been striking out trying to find a tokyo marui r/c biollante Godzilla. I should have bought him last year when they were popping up on evilbay. I keep hoping with the advances in robotics marui decides to revisit this.

Here are a couple pics of my X-Plus collection so far.

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

I have the Godzilla on the far left as my only X-Plus figure. (I believe it from vs. Mothra) Can you tell me which one is 2nd from the left. I would like to hunt this down for my collection.

That's what I'm thinking. The head looks slightly lower and the chest doesn't have the "oomph" that '91 has.
Exactly what I recall commenting on the very first time I saw the '91 G.
I made a comment about how he must have been doing bench presses since he's been out. :lol

I have the Godzilla on the far left as my only X-Plus figure. (I believe it from vs. Mothra) Can you tell me which one is 2nd from the left. I would like to hunt this down for my collection.

thats the xplus 68 from the film Destroy All Monsters

Exactly what I recall commenting on the very first time I saw the '91 G.
I made a comment about how he must have been doing bench presses since he's been out. :lol

Yup! Godzilla looked mighty in that film, from the moment he breached the ocean and walked by the farm looking all majestic, to when he fried Shindo, to the end when he is standing over the body of Mecha-King Ghidorah on the ocean floor with his eyes glowing blue from radioactivity.

The monster parts were great. It's a shame the human characters arent as well-developed or written as nicely as "Biollante". It started an unfortunate trend that plagued the rest of the hesei series.

Yup! Godzilla looked mighty in that film, from the moment he breached the ocean and walked by the farm looking all majestic, to when he fried Shindo, to the end when he is standing over the body of Mecha-King Ghidorah on the ocean floor with his eyes glowing blue from radioactivity.

The monster parts were great. It's a shame the human characters arent as well-developed or written as nicely as "Biollante". It started an unfortunate trend that plagued the rest of the hesei series.

Awesome moment! Great ending to a great film! One of my favs from the 90's movies! :clap

Yeah, what can I say. I enjoyed every moment of Godzilla/Biollante.
We need a clean blu ray version asap.

Yeah, I watched it the other day and its amazing how well it holds up. Not only that, but "Return of Godzilla" and Godzilla vs. Biollante" feel like high-budget Hollywood films compared to the late hesei and late millennium series which feel like "straight-to-DVD" or Sci-Fi station original movies. It doesn't even feel like the same series.

They poured a lot into Godzilla Returns to take G back to his dark, serious routes and move past the vs years between 54 and 84, they even carry on as though G hasn't shown in 30 years.

Back