Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I watched it the other day and its amazing how well it holds up. Not only that, but "Return of Godzilla" and Godzilla vs. Biollante" feel like high-budget Hollywood films compared to the late hesei and late millennium series which feel like "straight-to-DVD" or Sci-Fi station original movies. It doesn't even feel like the same series.

:lecture Agreed. These two movies are in their own league.

They poured a lot into Godzilla Returns to take G back to his dark, serious routes and move past the vs years between 54 and 84, they even carry on as though G hasn't shown in 30 years.

I recall reading that Toho wanted G to return to his serious roots and therefore didn't even want Bandai producing G figures from those less serious films. It wasn't until years later of fans demanding them that toys were finally made representing all of the older kid friendly Gs.

Here are a couple pics of my X-Plus collection so far.

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the standard series looks fairly close in scale with the 30 cm line. Could you maybe take those Showa Godzilla figures and put them next to the '92 and '01?
I'm just looking at prices for the upcoming standard '68 figures and they seem very affordable, which is why I ask.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the standard series looks fairly close in scale with the 30 cm line. Could you maybe take those Showa Godzilla figures and put them next to the '92 and '01?
I'm just looking at prices for the upcoming standard '68 figures and they seem very affordable, which is why I ask.

i believe the large monster series is 25 cm . i have an 89 in the 25 cm size ill let go if anyone is interested

All of the Godzillas in those pictures are in the 30 cm scale. Mothra and Biollante are in the smaller scale, but Mothra fits in pretty well and I don't think they'll ever make a 30 cm Biollante because he'd be crazy big. I have an 89 Godzilla in the smaller 25 cm scale that I can take comparison shots for you with if you'd like. Let me know.

Thanks for the photos, guys! I wasn't aware they made that many Godzillas in the 30cm scale. So there is a noticeable size difference.
Seems like the 30cm figures are slightly better-painted, but that could be because the 25cm '89 came out a while ago while his bigger counterpart is a recent release. The smaller GMK looks perfectly fine, though.

I'm shocked that writer made it through the whole article without mentioning Godzilla or Mothra once.

In either case, when Mothra shows up I'll be getting me some new sexy 6-inch twin girlfriends.

Yeah it is sad. I wonder if earthworms in Chernobyl are actually bigger like Godzilla (1998) suggested?

All of the Godzillas in those pictures are in the 30 cm scale. Mothra and Biollante are in the smaller scale, but Mothra fits in pretty well and I don't think they'll ever make a 30 cm Biollante because he'd be crazy big. I have an 89 Godzilla in the smaller 25 cm scale that I can take comparison shots for you with if you'd like. Let me know.

Yes, please. I'd just love to see some more cool toys!

here is a old photo for comparison

DSCN3408.jpg

Sweet collection! But what's that T-Rex in the back?

See in the real world, radiation doesn't make things super, awesome or freakin rad....it just makes them withered, sick and really sad...:(

I feel sorry for the butterflies too. Humans aren't the only ones affected. :(:monkey2

So, this is what a hugely successful shopping day on Amazon and eBay looks like. Thrilled about all three seasons of Avatar in one set, Gargoyles, and of course, Godzilla 1985 Japanese Edition.

DVDs.jpg

So, this is what a hugely successful shopping day on Amazon and eBay looks like. Thrilled about all three seasons of Avatar in one set, Gargoyles, and of course, Godzilla 1985 Japanese Edition.

DVDs.jpg

Invasion of Astro Monster... hell yeah! Also called Godzilla vs. Monster Zero.
This is one of my absolute favorites and one that I loved as a child.

How could you ever forget this:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTwH5nqRvOo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTwH5nqRvOo[/ame]

Back