Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting for reviews and receptions of others before I buy King Ghidorah. His wings are huge and I'm worried they might droop or he'll have joint issues. Here's a picture of him in the box.

601573_483253828360454_557505731_n.jpg

First Destroyah and now THIS! This Ghidorah reminds me of the old 80's Bandai Great Monster Series version! That piece was epic too but easily broken.

Just found out that my backorders for those two X-Plus figures won't be going through. They're gone for good which isn't a surprise, I simply wish I'd found out sooner than three weeks.

Ah, well. I think it's for the best, since the picture Ben posted has gotten me into a MonsterArts groove again and I decided to buy most of the MA figures I don't already own with the money I would've spent on the X-Pluses. By the end of Friday, I'll have my Little Godzilla and Spacegodzilla from SDCC, plus a new Mechagodzilla, Moguera, Fire Rodan, and a regular Godzilla (I'll be passing on Burning G after all).
Also PO'd Ghidorah. Amazon didn't specify when he'd be in stock, but $125 with free shipping was too good to pass up.

Sorry to hear about that, Blade :( which two were you trying to get?

Sorry to hear about that, Blade :( which two were you trying to get?

The 30cm '92 and '01. I didn't expect the chances of securing a backorder to be too high, but at the same time, you have to wonder why they didn't just list them as discontinued. They're obviously sold out everywhere else, so... yeah.

Wow I can't believe how big that KG is!!! Destroyah looks good too but once again I gotta admit I really wish they started with the classics first, I miss me some Gigantic and Anguirus etc... And don't get me started on how cool a Jet Jaguar would be in this line!

Man millennium Godzilla is the ultimate Godzilla design! I havent bought Big G yet because i only want one version and that would be MG.....and maybe one onld school version as well. Even if they did go into the millennium characters next there's really not many of them right?

Are you sure? I thought GMK was its own branch? Also isn't Kiryu the MG we have from monster arts now? I love Big G but I guess I'm making it obvious that I grew up with the creature double feature G-movies.

The way I see it, they've got two more figures to do for the Heisei series: Biollante and Mothra. The latter is a must and the former would be a potential cash cow; even if they charge over $100 for it, the only alternatives for an equal or better-looking Biollante would break the bank so I imagine most fans will gladly pony up the money for the MonsterArts version. Better than dropping a small fortune on X-Plus'.

Oh, forgot about that one. They'll probably give us an Aggregate Stage as well. As for which series they'll tackle after this one, I'm okay with either Showa or Millenium (as long as they eventually do both). Lots of fun designs and detail potential no matter which direction they go.

If they want to do the whole Heisei era they'd have to do Biollante, Mothra(adult and larva), Battra(adult and larva), Mecha King Ghidorah, Aggregate Destroyah, and maybe a Godzilla 1984 too. I'm not certain they'll hit all of those characters, but you never know.

Whoops, you're right. Forgot how many monsters there were in the Heisei era. I'm hoping the larva forms of Mothra and Battra will be included with the adult forms since no other accessory ideas come to mind.

That would be cool if they did something like that. I don't foresee Mothra adult and larva two pack being a problem, but Battra's larval form is a lot more elaborate than Mothra's. I wonder if they'd just opt to do a separate release for him. Maybe a Mothra and Battra larva two pack.

In film, '74 Mecha Godzilla is my favorite as well. Overall, I still think the Japanese art poster for Godzilla vs, Mecha Godzilla II (1993) is the coolest design of the character ever. Talk about a letdown...

Anyway, I'm really hoping Showa is next for MA figures. But I would not mind a GMK Godzilla at all. And I still say Final Wars Goji will benefit the most from the articulation. But can you imagine a Godzilla '64??

Back