Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone else bothered by the white tail fins on the MonsterArts Burning Godzilla?

s-h-monster-arts-godzilla-95-ver_04.jpg

The prototype they showed when the line was first announced didn't have them.

Tamashii-Feature-Akihabara-Exhibition-2011-Ultra-Act-Godzilla-and-Others-09.jpg

Out of all the Godzilla from the Bandai Creation series, the ones sold at TRU. Which Godzilla is the one to get?

I'm not a fan of the Bandai creations stuff, but I'd say go with the Godzilla 2000 one in the 6" scale. The larger scale Final Wars looking one isn't that bad either. I've also heard good things about the Fusion Series Rainbow Mothra.

Is anyone else bothered by the white tail fins on the MonsterArts Burning Godzilla?

s-h-monster-arts-godzilla-95-ver_04.jpg

The prototype they showed when the line was first announced didn't have them.

Tamashii-Feature-Akihabara-Exhibition-2011-Ultra-Act-Godzilla-and-Others-09.jpg

I'm not bothered by it as it's movie accurate. It's hard to tell in the actual film, but that suit actually had white spines on the tail just like the MonsterArts figure. Many previous toys have the orange spines from the head to tail, but this is technically inaccurate. Here's a magazine scan of the suit that shows it pretty well.

283629_250230675096569_627999095_n.jpg

I'm not a fan of the Bandai creations stuff, but I'd say go with the Godzilla 2000 one in the 6" scale. The larger scale Final Wars looking one isn't that bad either. I've also heard good things about the Fusion Series Rainbow Mothra.

283629_250230675096569_627999095_n.jpg

Thanks, I was planning on getting a few 6.5" ones. 1954 G, Burning G and Final War G. But today I just ended up getting the 11" Final War G. $30, same price I paid for that 31" Batman figure at Costco :lol

I'm tempted to get that SH figure but I don't collect Godzilla. I just wanted a decent figure of it that I won't worry if my kids get a hold of it

I'm not bothered by it as it's movie accurate. It's hard to tell in the actual film, but that suit actually had white spines on the tail just like the MonsterArts figure. Many previous toys have the orange spines from the head to tail, but this is technically inaccurate.

Ah, okay. I thought something like that might be the case, seeing as if the tail fins were supposed to be orange, they easily could have done it. Awesome, then!

I was tempted to get the Gigan from that line, but he was too squatty for my taste.

Here's a pic of the MonsterArts Destroyah.

307851_465160473529463_48077836_n.jpg

I'm waiting for reviews and receptions of others before I buy King Ghidorah. His wings are huge and I'm worried they might droop or he'll have joint issues. Here's a picture of him in the box.

601573_483253828360454_557505731_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm waiting for reviews and receptions of others before I buy King Ghidorah. His wings are huge and I'm worried they might droop or he'll have joint issues. Here's a picture of him in the box.

601573_483253828360454_557505731_n.jpg

Hell yeah!
I'd love to have that KG!

But why does the box come with a pair of legs?

Just found out that my backorders for those two X-Plus figures won't be going through. They're gone for good which isn't a surprise, I simply wish I'd found out sooner than three weeks.

Ah, well. I think it's for the best, since the picture Ben posted has gotten me into a MonsterArts groove again and I decided to buy most of the MA figures I don't already own with the money I would've spent on the X-Pluses. By the end of Friday, I'll have my Little Godzilla and Spacegodzilla from SDCC, plus a new Mechagodzilla, Moguera, Fire Rodan, and a regular Godzilla (I'll be passing on Burning G after all).
Also PO'd Ghidorah. Amazon didn't specify when he'd be in stock, but $125 with free shipping was too good to pass up.

Amazon was saying November for Ghidorah a little while ago, but it doesn't have a date anymore. I know he's supposed to be released in Japan some time this week, so perhaps it'll be sooner than then.

I recently purchased 30 cm X-Plus Titanosaurus and Godzilla 89. They should be here soon. I only need Rodan and Godzilla 62 to be totally caught up on them.

Back