Premium Format Green Goblin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I don't like Xm's hulk either, and that's why I'm going with the new SS one.
I wouldn't spend over $900 shipped either for XM's stuff...that being said I should be able to own XM Spidey and his villains for almost as SS prices and probably less...but that's my secret to keep :)

I am Canadian and our dollar is ****...lol. I have access to most XM pieces, and if their Spidey kicks butt I will probably go for it. In the end though I am looking at all of their pieces. I just haven't been blown away by any of their pieces since Magneto. I could have gotten him, but he isn't on my list...lol.

Hopefully they show more of this guy soon. An obvious variant would be Hobgoblin, which would require very little on SS's end which we know they love.

I would prefer Doc Ock or Venom though , for the next rumored villain PF.

I don't think it fits with the JSC line. It actually fits well with other PF's but Maybe it's just me. I'll take some photos today to see.

Hopefully they show more of this guy soon. An obvious variant would be Hobgoblin, which would require very little on SS's end which we know they love.

I would prefer Doc Ock or Venom though , for the next rumored villain PF.

Another repaint by SS no way not anymore. Unless SS makes a new sculpt I rather buy a xm new hobgoblin instead of a repaint.

The feedback this has gotten so far was enough that it made Igo attempt to get a classic head done, so it's probably best to do an all new Hobgoblin instead of this as a variant.

Besides, this barely looks recognizable as Green Goblin except for the hat. This is like an alternate universe Green Goblin so it probably wouldn't translate into Hobgoblin well at all, not with the weird skin texture (should've been scales), goggles and monster mouth.

With this Orc looking head and monster mouth they could probably make a more convincing Demogoblin variant.

I could be wrong but I think I remember reading it would be a few months after SDCC, hopefully before the end of the year. Would be good around Halloween, pumpkin bombs and whatnot.

I think it's promising that we've already been told the next villain after GG is being worked on now, so hopefully it means GG will hit sooner than later.

As for who's being worked on now Venom is a good guess based on clues we've been given all year (especially the clue that the next villain will have a classic head that many have been asking for...) but someone on the other forum asked about Scorpion, Lizard and Doc Oc and it was confirmed at least one of the three is planned.

I could be wrong but I think I remember reading it would be a few months after SDCC, hopefully before the end of the year. Would be good around Halloween, pumpkin bombs and whatnot.

I think it's promising that we've already been told the next villain after GG is being worked on now, so hopefully it means GG will hit sooner than later.

As for who's being worked on now Venom is a good guess based on clues we've been given all year (especially the clue that the next villain will have a classic head that many have been asking for...) but someone on the other forum asked about Scorpion, Lizard and Doc Oc and it was confirmed at least one of the three is planned.

Now if this is true, happy times. Would mean that if rumor of Venom is indeed to follow Goblin, we are assured at least 3 villains within this line.

Now if this is true, happy times. Would mean that if rumor of Venom is indeed to follow Goblin, we are assured at least 3 villains within this line.

True but SSC needs to expand their horizons. If Venom is the next of the three then that also means 2 of the 3 have been done before already (GG & Venom). I have to imagine if you are a HUGE Spidey fan you want to start seeing some other famous Spidey rouges. It's not like SSC doesn't have a boat load to choose from. Be that as it may, I for one am very happy to see another GG PF getting released. I never liked the original GG PF.

True but SSC needs to expand their horizons. If Venom is the next of the three then that also means 2 of the 3 have been done before already (GG & Venom). I have to imagine if you are a HUGE Spidey fan you want to start seeing some other famous Spidey rouges. It's not like SSC doesn't have a boat load to choose from. Be that as it may, I for one am very happy to see another GG PF getting released. I never liked the original GG PF.

Brother I hear you. But I frankly have little faith that SS will do the logical thing, & explore this line to the fullest. Unbelievable. So, ANY announcement, rumor, or logical speculations are desperately clung to.

As far as repeating characters? Well GG doesn't count, as original PF was hideous, & Venom gets a pass, because you can never get too much Venom, especially after XM's tantalizing proto reveal. Oh the possibilities! But seriously, yeah, Sideshow should start pumping out All the iconic Spidey villains, which are long overdue.

Everybody is different. I'm for damn sure a HUGE Spider-Fan and GG and Venom were/are among my top wants because I'm not a fan of the old ones. Some huge Spider-Fans just weren't collecting then and the old Venom is more than they can expense.

But between XM and SS doing the same characters, I'm sure by some time next year people won't be looking for some of these characters who've been done multiple times because of all of the options.

Brother I hear you. But I frankly have little faith that SS will do the logical thing, & explore this line to the fullest. Unbelievable. So, ANY announcement, rumor, or logical speculations are desperately clung to.

As far as repeating characters? Well GG doesn't count, as original PF was hideous, & Venom gets a pass, because you can never get too much Venom, especially after XM's tantalizing proto reveal. Oh the possibilities! But seriously, yeah, Sideshow should start pumping out All the iconic Spidey villains, which are long overdue.

My biggest fear is not much after Goblin, Venom if that ends up being true, and one of the trio of dropped names that'sbeing planned. That would be typical SS, not seeing things through. Meanwhile, all of XM's Spidey statues are looking awesome and generating interest...SS is on the right track by looking to make this line dynamic. It has to be dynamic with XM doing these characters at the same time. If SS sticks with classic/recognizable versions and dynamic poses they could get good mileage out this line...Scorpion, Lizard and Doc Oc...first thing I said to myself when I read Igo's response that one of them is being planned is why aren't all of them being planned?

Back