Premium Format Green Goblin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David Igo quote

"After the reaction on here, we looked into changing the exclusive to be a "Classic Portrait" but it's too late as this piece HAS to go up for sale by a certain date for our Marvel contract, if it doesnt we get ping'ed. I dig what we have for an exclusive but anyone who's not into "This look" DEFINITELY wont like it."

My guess is switch out pumpkin bomb. Still gutted about the lack of COH : (

This looks great. Most of my ss statues come with some degree of crap and disappointment so I'm hesitant to order anything from ss right now...but a Spidey-Fan like me can't resist.

If ss can't deliver on this it's not like there won't be other GG options out there. 4 that I know of including this. Nearly as much as Spidey now.

Looks good... The arm kind of remind me the pose of Karate Kid before he does the kick :rotfl
I was going to say the same thing! That's hilarious dude. :)

I like the pose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Really loving the entire statue as a whole, even the portrait. I was considering canceling my ex spidey but I think after seeing the new GG I'm going to keep him. You just have to pair these two together.

Up for order next week.

View attachment 226986

Fiiiiiiiinnnnaaaaalllllyyyyyy!!!!! The wait was a killer, but man, this looks absolutely great!!!!!!!! For me, it is the best Goblin rendition so far, goggles & all. A truly beautifully evil looking portrait, seems to have plenty of height, plenty of fine details, great pose & color. Fvcking kick arse great!!!

At this point, I'm actually hoping the ex is a goggled version portrait. Yes, would have preferred classic, but if not that(?), what the hell, may as well go all in. Would be better than a lame switch-out pumpkin, or some other trivial swop.

Hoping this sells really well, prompting Sideshow to really commit to this line, big time! So many great characters yet to be produced, & if this GG is an indication of things to come, we are in store for a hell of a ride! JUST want SS to do it in a more timely fashion, building momentum, & keeping the excitement level high. And with that, who's next?????????????????????????

Very true! Great points. Can't stop watching the video...easy PO for me..think it'll come in at $479 for the EX? Love the look!

The pose is master however the detail(blur skin texture and fully sculpt cloths)is much worse than Sonja PF so that I am starting to hesitate.

The pose is master however the detail is much worse than Sonja PF so that I am starting to hesitate.
The glider looks dull and could use more detail and the scales on his body seem to taper off around the body parts.

I'm able to deal with that stuff because I just live the pose, color and look of him. I hope they can match the colors.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449241784.532414.jpg

I believe it is one of the worst head sculpt on detail made by 3D printer from SSC.

David Igo quote

"After the reaction on here, we looked into changing the exclusive to be a "Classic Portrait" but it's too late as this piece HAS to go up for sale by a certain date for our Marvel contract, if it doesnt we get ping'ed. I dig what we have for an exclusive but anyone who's not into "This look" DEFINITELY wont like it."

My guess is switch out pumpkin bomb. Still gutted about the lack of COH : (

My guess is a switch out head with the goggles on and mouth closed to a grin.

Man, this statue looks fantastic but I'm thinking I'll have to hold off because GG is such an obnoxious looking character (and rightfully so). I love the character and have tons of comics where he battles it out with Spidey, but even though this statue looks great I just can't see it sitting in my house because of GG's inherently goofy design. I dunno, maybe I'm trying to talk myself out of it.

Man, this statue looks fantastic but I'm thinking I'll have to hold off because GG is such an obnoxious looking character (and rightfully so). I love the character and have tons of comics where he battles it out with Spidey, but even though this statue looks great I just can't see it sitting in my house because of GG's inherently goofy design. I dunno, maybe I'm trying to talk myself out of it.

That's me. Haha

"Green goblin is a big villain, but he's goofy as ****. Wouldn't I rather have someone huge like rhino, or someone crazy looking like venom?"

That's me. Haha

"Green goblin is a big villain, but he's goofy as ****. Wouldn't I rather have someone huge like rhino, or someone crazy looking like venom?"

See, it seems silly because where do you draw the line? Sure, everybody knows Spider-Man but he's also a ridiculous guy in a red and blue suit. I'm not sure what the mental block is for me with GG in particular - I just try to keep my displays looking classy and iconic and for some reason I'm not sure that's possible with Gobby here.

The only small quibble I have with the statue is the closed empty fist, just doesn't look right too me. Would have preferred splayed fingers, indicating balancing. So, hoping for 2nd portrait, & switch out hand.

Just wondering, after watching vid for the 10th time, how tall will this statue be? If Spidey PF is pegged at 25 inches, with his gaze looking upward, & his web being aimed even higher, how tall can Goblin sculpt realistically be? Video hints a tremendous height, but surely that was for dramatic effect? Anyhow, Sideshow's version of GG has placed the character at a loftier height than the other present offerings, & I thank the gods for that.

Yeah there is suppose to be. I gotta say right now this is the best of the Goblins I have seen. It looks awesome.

P.S. I got a little something classic going on for this one if necessary.

Let's hope the head is removable. If not, that kills any hope for an alternative portrait.

I have the Comiquette Exclusive from a few years back. I believe the ES was 300. I think they would look good together...team goblins

Back