Premium Format Green Goblin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a9090f5ea8a3346b88d9f8973c49176d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does not ship to Canada (At least not for free). Please try again.

The one from the Philippines for $879.99 will ship though for $9.99.

Still waiting for the one under $700.00 as well.

Thanks.

I rarely balk at prices and convince myself to justify it... not this time.

Stupid price. May be done with SSC at this rate.

Does not ship to Canada (At least not for free). Please try again.

The one from the Philippines for $879.99 will ship though for $9.99.

Still waiting for the one under $700.00 as well.

Thanks.

I'm not your personal shopper so I don't know what to tell you. Maybe get a buddy or po box in the US and you can get that price.

Sorry, thought this was the 'Green Goblin' thread...

I think the point simply is

A) The price hike sucks, but...

B) of all the 1/4 GGs coming out this one will be the most affordable by FAR for most collectors; especially those in the NA market.

To get this shipped to Ontario I am looking at about $750-$800.... To get the XM GG I am estimating $1000-$1200 and that is on the low end, and I can see the Imaginarium one beng about the same. Now the Troy McDevitt kit will cost me about the same as the SSC piece, but I would STILL need to get it painted and that would push the price up to about the $1100 range. In the end there is no contest when it cameo to bang for your buck.... At least not for me. The SSC sculpt is by far the best of the 4 sculpt wise, and if their QC improvement trends it will come out awesome.

Last edited:
I'm not your personal shopper so I don't know what to tell you. Maybe get a buddy or po box in the US and you can get that price.

No your not but you told me I can buy one for less then $700.00. Just want to know where from?

Get a buddy in the U.S.! and then what? Expect him to drive it up to me for free? Or get a P.O. box so I have to drive 3 hours there and 3 hours back to pick it up? Makes sense.

No your not but you told me I can buy one for less then $700.00. Just want to know where from?

Get a buddy in the U.S.! and then what? Expect him to drive it up to me for free? Or get a P.O. box so I have to drive 3 hours there and 3 hours back to pick it up? Makes sense.

Believe it or not, not everyone knows who you are or where you're from so your original post that you can't find one around $700 was answered by me with, hey there are some under $800 on eBay so talk to the seller and do it through PayPal for a 10% discount.
Not knowing your backstory and that you're from Canada was never brought up so with your failing economy and high shipping costs it looks like you're out of luck.

Man I got on just to check out peoples thoughts on goblin price and sculpt and all I got was a head ache.....strange thread.

SSC has lost their way again. I thought with Aquaman they had come to their senses but this is asinine. The fact that he's $50 more than spidey is ludicrous. I don't care that he's on a glider. I am so glad I have zero interest in this. I feel for those who were really looking forward to GG...that price and no EX.

Same here buddy =)

This company has lost their fvcking minds. Showing absolutely no regard, or respect, for their client base. We collectors are stuck in a George Orwell nightmare in the way Sideshow is applying their business practices. Double speak, regarding their design choices & QC nightmares, double tweak for their blatant money grabbing strategies. It seems like they are actually waging a psychological war on their clients; ignoring reasonable requests, giving us the finger when it comes to QC, & repeatedly raping us with these truly unjustifiable price gouging hikes.

- They have ignored iconic, logical, reasonable character requests from fans for years. When it finally comes, they inexplicably omit the very essence of a 50 year old iconic character's very identity, by not producing the classic portrait? Like them saying, "yeah, we heard you, but fvck it, this is what we wanna do, so open wide & eat it", at a premium price of course.

- They clearly stated an Ex feature, which Igo seemed to have been excited about, but fvck it, our clients are so stupid they won't even remember, so lets just cancel the Ex feature???!!! And this after all the fan speculation on what the EX might have been, which of course Sideshow is totally aware of EVERY post written,.... always! But again, fvck you, you want it(?), eat it!

- And their BS excuse about not having the time to produce classic portrait because sculpt was well under way? But they did have the time to omit cap straps from original digital concept, & removing pumpkin bombs from satchel strap, & killing any EX feature that was apparently established 3 &1/2 months ago, as per Igo. Yeah, they found the time to give us less of a product, & of course charge us more for less. Again, you want it(?), eat it!

Really don't know where to go from here. I like the sculpt, though it should have been slightly taller, as their misleading vid suggested, & I find the close-ups of the costume reveal a slightly crude attention to detail. But the fact is, I still need this character, cause Sideshow is not going to produce another for a very long time. But right now, if I decide to "fvck it, & eat it", I don't think I'd be able to keep it down.

One angry collector here mate

SSC has lost their way again. I thought with Aquaman they had come to their senses but this is asinine. The fact that he's $50 more than spidey is ludicrous. I don't care that he's on a glider. I am so glad I have zero interest in this. I feel for those who were really looking forward to GG...that price and no EX.

I think the consensus is:
Sculpt = Good
Price = Bad

You've summed it up Perfectly buddy:clap

300375_press08.jpg

That is a really good shot of this piece.

Gotta give SS credit for trying out new and dynamic presentations. This does complement the Spidey PF pretty well. Can't wait for SDCC, :lol

Same here buddy =)

One angry collector here mate

Yeah...If you have been waiting for ONE character for a number of years, paying even a $100 more than you are comfortable with should not be THAT BIG of a deal. Sucks to be a new collector I guess. Except that I think people that usually buy these things are not clipping too many coupons, especially since many are comfortable paying XM and Prime 1 prices. To me, Hot Toys has completely jumped the shark for 1/6 scale figures. It's all relative.

BTW, I love my SS Hawkeye, awesome piece. The XM looks nice too, I just would not pay that much for a Hawkeye statue, even if it is arguably the better of the two.

I continue to see, over and over, people making blanket assumptions on what it costs for someone else to get a piece delivered to their doorstep, despite people being on this forum from all over the globe.

The side shot looks beautiful as hell. The semi glossy paint looks nice

Skimmed through this thread the other day and there's so much irrelevant talk I totally missed the $520 price.

Yes, Sideshow have totally lost the plot. RS was being justified by the large, complex, base but this is a basic PF in my eyes.
No way are these worth the asking price, remembering postage and 20% added V A.T.

I've used all my RPs so no need to shop here anymore :D

Back