Premium Format Green Goblin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be well north of $800 after you factor in the shipping cost and credit card conversion fees...and that's assuming the loonie doesn't go even lower. Oh, and don't forget the taxes...13% in Ontario.

If you buy it from SS yes. I pay the website price plus the exchange from a guy locally here. If I bought it today it would be $728.00 from him.

I for one don't know the cost structure of Sideshow's business so I am not going to presume to know they are gouging anyone. It is pretty presumptive to claim to know that. If you compare the new prices to prices from XM and Iron Studios and then prices for smaller 12" products from Hot Toys they seem in line. I was in retail for 20 years and price jumps happen and they usually happen like the way Sideshow is doing it. They don't usually come in $5 increments every 6 months. If they did many of the same people would complain about to many price increases.

I'm kind of with you on this. Yes it is a big price increase by SS but if you look around, XM, Prime 1 Iron Studios, pretty much anywhere you can buy a 1/4 scale statue, this seems reasonable. Since the $399.99 days we are getting way better and bigger bases, IMO better detail overall, and WAY better quality control. Don't get me wrong, this is a lot of money especially for a Canadian but to say SS is ripping us off I think is completely wrong.

This is the last Mavel villain I was waiting for. The last one I need for my collection. Since there isn't an EX for this piece, I'll see if I can pick it up elsewhere for a more reasonable price. There's just no hurry to pick this up given the price and no EX feature. The sculpt itself looks good to me. However, prices are rising at a breakneck speed and for SSC to offer nothing in the way of an EX feature while charging $520 for this.....

I'm kind of with you on this. Yes it is a big price increase by SS but if you look around, XM, Prime 1 Iron Studios, pretty much anywhere you can buy a 1/4 scale statue, this seems reasonable. Since the $399.99 days we are getting way better and bigger bases, IMO better detail overall, and WAY better quality control. Don't get me wrong, this is a lot of money especially for a Canadian but to say SS is ripping us off I think is completely wrong.

This comes from someone who will eventually buy this statue ... This price is a total rip off compared to Sideshow's recent releases. It's a total price gouge situation.
XM comes with multiple switch out parts and is a much more limited release. I'm only familiar with Prime's Batman line and those are much bigger than the PFs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This comes from someone who will eventually buy this statue ... This price is a total rip off compared to Sideshow's recent releases. It's a total price gouge situation.
XM comes with multiple switch out parts and is a much more limited release. I'm only familiar with Prime's Batman line and those are much bigger than the PFs

We don't know the numbers yet I don't think. Maybe it is this price because they will only make a 1000 of them? Yes XM has a ton more switch out parts. This Green Goblin will cost be $750.00 Canadian. XM Kraven is costing be $1350.00.

XM Hawkeye, real basic base, one head, a few switch out parts.... $899.99 U.S.
SS Green Goblin, Awesome big base, one head, no switch out parts... $519.99 U.S.

I don't care if Hawkeye has 900 pieces and GG ends up being 2500 pieces. It's a reasonable price base on the going rates of other companies.

So no exclusive to add value to this piece? Is it even 1/4 scale? Sorry, I had to ask because I'm definitely not feeling it for the price. I will surround my Spidey PF with Bowen 1/6 classic villains that cost 1/3 of the price of this piece.

We don't know the numbers yet I don't think. Maybe it is this price because they will only make a 1000 of them? Yes XM has a ton more switch out parts. This Green Goblin will cost be $750.00 Canadian. XM Kraven is costing be $1350.00.

SS Green Goblin, Awesome big base, one head, no switch out parts... $519.99 U.S.

I don't care if Hawkeye has 900 pieces and GG ends up being 2500 pieces. It's a reasonable price base on the going rates of other companies.

I don't understand why people pull random numbers and incorrect facts when making comparisons?
XM Hawkeye is 799SGD, that's 570$. Comes with two switch out bows, multiple switch out arrows with aluminium heads, a base that allows two display options and a level of detail that 99% of Sideshow's pieces can only dream to achieve. I've seen it in person, I bet you have not. The details on the costume are insane, the head sculpt is amazing, the paint app is as crisp and clean as it gets, with realistic skin tones and blue veins painted under the skin. You pick ANY Sideshow so called Grail and they don't come even close to the detail packed in Hawkeye, except maybe one or two.
And, at 570$ for Hawkeye vs 520$ for Green Goblin, hell, Hawkeye wins any day, any time. If GG comes out exactly like prototype they'd still be in two different leagues.
BTW, I'm not in Asia and managed to have Hawkeye for $700, if I can do it, anybody can. Here Goblin will retail at around 600$, probably 20-30$ more, so as you can see I'm not in a very different situation than you. You're bending numbers to prove your argument.
Not sure why people feel the need to keep beating a dead horse without even checking some facts first.

I don't understand why people pull random numbers and incorrect facts when making comparisons?
XM Hawkeye is 799SGD, that's 570$. Comes with two switch out bows, multiple switch out arrows with aluminium heads, a base that allows two display options and a level of detail that 99% of Sideshow's pieces can only dream to achieve. I've seen it in person, I bet you have not. The details on the costume are insane, the head sculpt is amazing, the paint app is as crisp and clean as it gets, with realistic skin tones and blue veins painted under the skin. You pick ANY Sideshow so called Grail and they don't come even close to the detail packed in Hawkeye, except maybe one or two.
And, at 570$ for Hawkeye vs 520$ for Green Goblin, hell, Hawkeye wins any day, any time. If GG comes out exactly like prototype they'd still be in two different leagues.
BTW, I'm not in Asia and managed to have Hawkeye for $700, if I can do it, anybody can. Here Goblin will retail at around 600$, probably 20-30$ more, so as you can see I'm not in a very different situation than you. You're bending numbers to prove your argument.
Not sure why people feel the need to keep beating a dead horse without even checking some facts first.

Well you got Hawkeye for $700 US. Good for you. 95% of us if we want that statue the cheapest way to get it is BBTS for $799.99 US (Sorry I thought there price was $899.99 but that is Antman).

Your right, I have not seen Hawkeye in person but I own Magneto, Phoenix, and Wolverine so I am well aware of the quality and I am sure that Hawkeye is the same. The last 10 or SS Marvel/DC statues the quality has been pretty top notch. I can't wait for my Sentinel, Gray Hulk, and Thor. All look to be fantastic. I'm happy you got your Hawkeye for $700.00! I just put my deposit on Kraven. It will cost be $1,050.00 Canadian before shipping. GG from SS will cost be $750.00 before shipping. XM's Green Goblin will end up pretty much at that same price point I'm sure. I will be ordering SS GG for $750.00 Cdn over XM's offering for $1,050.00 I can tell you that much.

Agreed. Part of pricing also goes with number of pieces produced and how much profit will be spread over each piece. Also, LA and LA county along with Cali are pushing their minimum wage up starting in 2016 and again in 2017. That raises costs, not just for entry level employees but all employees. I crack up at people who don't take into account anything other than they want it at a certain price and if not, it is gouging.

*gasp* WOW, really??!

If you act now, you can snag this puppy for only a low low price of

$800 (marked down from $900) + (2.90 * 43 = $125 shipping) = $925

MEANWHILE Sideshow's is long sold out....

I'm sure everyone is DREAMING of XMs Hawkeye...

*cough* Sideshow's looks way better < from someone that's seen it in person *derp* *cough*

No one with eyes could say Sideshow's Hawkeye is "way better" than XM's. Let's not be silly. Comparing prices is one thing, and we all have different values, but I own both the XM and Sideshow versions of a couple different statues, and any protestations of "way better" are crazy.

I also think we need to compare what buying a statue from SS in the US costs vs. what buying a statue from XM costs in Singapore. That's the only fair comparison. Anything else brings a person's personal values into question.

*gasp* WOW, really??!

If you act now, you can snag this puppy for only a low low price of

$800 (marked down from $900) + (2.90 * 43 = $125 shipping) = $925

MEANWHILE Sideshow's is long sold out....

I'm sure everyone is DREAMING of XMs Hawkeye...

*cough* Sideshow's looks way better < from someone that's seen it in person *derp* *cough*

You know that BBTS is not the only dealer around, right? It's like if I picked Ebay's auction listing random stuff at 1000$ to prove that Sideshow is overpriced.

Well you got Hawkeye for $700 US. Good for you. 95% of us if we want that statue the cheapest way to get it is BBTS for $799.99 US (Sorry I thought there price was $899.99 but that is Antman).

Your right, I have not seen Hawkeye in person but I own Magneto, Phoenix, and Wolverine so I am well aware of the quality and I am sure that Hawkeye is the same. The last 10 or SS Marvel/DC statues the quality has been pretty top notch. I can't wait for my Sentinel, Gray Hulk, and Thor. All look to be fantastic. I'm happy you got your Hawkeye for $700.00! I just put my deposit on Kraven. It will cost be $1,050.00 Canadian before shipping. GG from SS will cost be $750.00 before shipping. XM's Green Goblin will end up pretty much at that same price point I'm sure. I will be ordering SS GG for $750.00 Cdn over XM's offering for $1,050.00 I can tell you that much.

There are two XM Hawkeye on eBay now under 800 so if you tried to get them off eBay you'd be at that $700 or under mark

Also, just to add: here we pay 22% import fees + roughly 5% duty fee on everything coming from outside EU.
So a Sideshow Exclusive costs me: 500$ + 40$ shipping + 118$ (22% of 540$) + 27$ (4% of 540$) + 12$ (FedEx fee). Total: 697$. "Sideshow is overpriced!". Come on. So when you get your goods locally at retail it's fine, but when you take them from outside the company is overpriced? Seriously, there is absolutely no perspective in some arguments. You want something from outside your area, you do your homework. Or you pay a premium, easy as that.
I could have my Thanos shipped right now for 780$, please remind me how much does it costs locally to get something as big like the Sentinel Maquette or Godzilla? And that's about 1060CAD, we might ask our fellow canadians how much would they spend on the Sentinel, or Godzilla, or even something cheaper like Darkseid.
As I said, homework.

There are two XM Hawkeye on eBay now under 800 so if you tried to get them off eBay you'd be at that $700 or under mark

Link?

I see;

from Sinagore $788.00 plus $200 shipping = $988.00
from Malaysia $750.00 plus $120.00 shipping = $870.00
There is one from the US for $790.00 plus $139.99 shipping = $930.00

BBTS will be $799.99 plus roughly $60.00 shipping = $859.00

At best BBTS is the same price as the one from Malaysia. Factor in a possible import fee from Malaysia as well.

$700 or under! I don't see it. Link please

Also, just to add: here we pay 22% import fees + roughly 5% duty fee on everything coming from outside EU.
So a Sideshow Exclusive costs me: 500$ + 40$ shipping + 118$ (22% of 540$) + 27$ (4% of 540$) + 12$ (FedEx fee). Total: 697$. "Sideshow is overpriced!". Come on. So when you get your goods locally at retail it's fine, but when you take them from outside the company is overpriced? Seriously, there is absolutely no perspective in some arguments. You want something from outside your area, you do your homework. Or you pay a premium, easy as that.
I could have my Thanos shipped right now for 780$, please remind me how much does it costs locally to get something as big like the Sentinel Maquette or Godzilla? And that's about 1060CAD, we might ask our fellow canadians how much would they spend on the Sentinel, or Godzilla, or even something cheaper like Darkseid.
As I said, homework.

Not really sure what you are trying to get at. You want to factor everything in then ok.
SS Green Goblin will cost be to my door step in Canada if I could have it delivered today $728.00 cdn.

XM Green Goblin (Let's say roughly 950SGD, Blackbolt price) this is going to cost. $917.00 Cdn is the website price plus roughly $300.00 shipping for a total cost to my door of $1217.00. On top of that I MAY OR MAY NOT have to pay duty (another $120 or so). Let's say not.

So we have a total difference of $489.00 Cdn (not including if I have to pay duty) if I want the XM Green Goblin over Sideshows.

Is the art print, possibly another head, possibly some additional pieces, and without a question the details will be better worth $489.00? To some, sure. Too me $728.00 for what I think is a fantastic looking piece is way more worth it then to me then another $489.00 for an art print (that stays in the box), an extra head (that stays in the box), and extra parts (that stay in the box).

But that's just me.

Link?

I see;

from Sinagore $788.00 plus $200 shipping = $988.00
from Malaysia $750.00 plus $120.00 shipping = $870.00
There is one from the US for $790.00 plus $139.99 shipping = $930.00

BBTS will be $799.99 plus roughly $60.00 shipping = $859.00

At best BBTS is the same price as the one from Malaysia. Factor in a possible import fee from Malaysia as well.

$700 or under! I don't see it. Link please

a9090f5ea8a3346b88d9f8973c49176d.jpg

Back