Premium Format Green Goblin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Venom is the villain I am waiting for. But I'm sure they'll make som dynamic pose so he's just all over the place and impossible for me to fit in next to Spidey CQ (old) in a Besta. Sniff... :(

Hurry with the Venom please. Another option as,to XM version.

And as usual, with the price hikes, one year from now this will probably look like a bargain. "A standard PF is 600$, Goblin at 520$ is a bargain!" :D

The price is steep but I think people are over-reacting a bit, I mean this does come with a huge Glider as well as the 1:4 figure, $520 isn't too bad for a character, his vehicle and a large smoke base, it's just those damn goggles I'm not happy with.

Just need this guy now.

2qstpc1.jpg

I don't think it's crazy; it's just not automatic now. I have to wonder how many people are like me, and would automatically order but will now balance a decision for purchase.

I don't think it's crazy; it's just not automatic now. I have to wonder how many people are like me, and would automatically order but will now balance a decision for purchase.

I wanted to start my villains collection with this guy. But seeing this price, I can't start it knowing that each piece might be $520 or more...

Unless you have deep pockets and really don't have to consider the cost I think this is the case most of the time. Especially with characters you may not necessarily love but would like to have. Again, I'd like to have this to pair up with Spidey but I don't love the character and that's a pretty steep price.

Themed bases...

Unless you have deep pockets and really don't have to consider the cost I think this is the case most of the time. Especially with characters you may not necessarily love but would like to have. Again, I'd like to have this to pair up with Spidey but I don't love the character and that's a pretty steep price.

Themed bases...

Yeah I wanted to get this to pair up with Spider-Man, but at that price I'm going to have to pass.

SSC has lost their way again. I thought with Aquaman they had come to their senses but this is asinine. The fact that he's $50 more than spidey is ludicrous. I don't care that he's on a glider. I am so glad I have zero interest in this. I feel for those who were really looking forward to GG...that price and no EX.

Showing absolutely no regard, or respect, for their client base. We collectors are stuck in a George Orwell nightmare in the way Sideshow is applying their business practices. Double speak, regarding their design choices & QC nightmares, double tweak for their blatant money grabbing strategies. It seems like they are actually waging a psychological war on their clients; ignoring reasonable requests, giving us the finger when it comes to QC, & repeatedly raping us with these truly unjustifiable price gouging hikes.

- They have ignored iconic, logical, reasonable character requests from fans for years. When it finally comes, they inexplicably omit the very essence of a 50 year old iconic character's very identity, by not producing the classic portrait? Like them saying, "yeah, we heard you, this is what we wanna do, so open wide & eat it", at a premium price of course.

- They clearly stated an Ex feature, which Igo seemed to have been excited about, our clients are so stupid they won't even remember, so lets just cancel the Ex feature???!!! And this after all the fan speculation on what the EX might have been, which of course Sideshow is totally aware of EVERY post written,.... always!

- And their BS excuse about not having the time to produce classic portrait because sculpt was well under way? But they did have the time to omit cap straps from original digital concept, & removing pumpkin bombs from satchel strap, & killing any EX feature that was apparently established 3 &1/2 months ago, as per Igo. Yeah, they found the time to give us less of a product, & of course charge us more for less. Again, you want it(?), eat it!

Really don't know where to go from here. I like the sculpt, though it should have been slightly taller, as their misleading vid suggested, & I find the close-ups of the costume reveal a slightly crude attention to detail. But the fact is, I still need this character, cause Sideshow is not going to produce another for a very long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nobody needs this stuff. These are not essentials.

Of course it's not a case of life & death, but if you are trying to build a coherently themed display of your favorite character & his prime enemy/rival, & have been literally waiting years for this, then yes, it is essential. And this after spending thousands of dollars on this company's products over many years, & being an extremely loyal client. So please, no obvious, two bit, meaningless sound bites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'm not sure where to go with this. I love it and I want it but things are getting out of hand! This is $700.00 Canadian but then on the other hand I've paid over a grand for XM pieces. I will still order this but I have to get extremely picky as to what I'm buying. I have already decided I was only going to Spidey and Batman villians from this point on but at these prices I'm not sure that is even possible.

I for one don't know the cost structure of Sideshow's business so I am not going to presume to know they are gouging anyone. It is pretty presumptive to claim to know that. If you compare the new prices to prices from XM and Iron Studios and then prices for smaller 12" products from Hot Toys they seem in line. I was in retail for 20 years and price jumps happen and they usually happen like the way Sideshow is doing it. They don't usually come in $5 increments every 6 months. If they did many of the same people would complain about to many price increases.

It will be well north of $800 after you factor in the shipping cost and credit card conversion fees...and that's assuming the loonie doesn't go even lower. Oh, and don't forget the taxes...13% in Ontario.

Yeah I'm not sure where to go with this. I love it and I want it but things are getting out of hand! This is $700.00 Canadian but then on the other hand I've paid over a grand for XM pieces. I will still order this but I have to get extremely picky as to what I'm buying. I have already decided I was only going to Spidey and Batman villians from this point on but at these prices I'm not sure that is even possible.

It will be well north of $800 after you factor in the shipping cost and credit card conversion fees...and that's assuming the loonie doesn't go even lower. Oh, and don't forget the taxes...13% in Ontario.

Well, since this has no EX, you guys would probably be better off trying to pick this up from a local merchant. Hopefully, that'll save you some money.

Back