Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He seems to be adjusting his left-hand glove. Hardly epic. :)

looks like he's putting on his suit

Ugh. Well, that is pretty dumb... especially considering that both Barry and Wally put on their suits using the speedforce as well (shooting it out of the ring). Come on, Sideshow. :lol

Anyway, I'm just gonna chalk all this up to the idea that many people quit reading comics years ago so all they understand is the big three but gl has had the best stories and art over the last few years.
Well, then you get the wrong idea. I'm completely up to speed with my comics, particularly the DC Universe, thank you very much. And I've always been a big Hal Jordan GL fan. I was one of those who was irked when they made him a villain with Emerald Twilight. I was excited when Johns brought him back with Rebirth. I'm still a fan, but unfortunately Johns has also turned Hal into a huge ******, particularly in the New 52. But that's not at all why I don't like this PF. It's disappointing all on its own.

BTW, out of the major DC characters the best stories and art right now are on Batman (Scott Snyder & Greg Capullo) and Wonder Woman (Brian Azzarello & Cliff Chiang), but the best ones overall are actually the less popular ones like Animal Man and Swamp Thing.

I wish he was standing more upright. I don't like the lean but I'm ordering it tomorrow. I rather have Hal be displayed with the other lantern pfs they'll make than with the Justice League. I'm sure there are people who are going to display Batman with Robins and his villains than the Justice League. I think the 1:1 busts will go more well together than the pfs for the Justice League. You'll also have the 1/6 figures Sideshow is doing.

Im getting this, but ill be pissed if they release another version later. so is this Hal jordan , or kyle rayner?

It matches it better. But even though it's one of their best there is just something about the DCD statue that always prevented me from picking it up.

So, unless Sideshow revisits Hal in 1/4 scale (which I doubt will happen anytime soon) I guess my Justice League will be Lanternless. Oh well.

Well, the squirrel doesn't have to be put on. Leaving it off makes the piece a lot nicer.

I got mine for $150 off eBay, but the three on there now are close to full price. But you could probably pick one up cheap. This is one that's nice and shows better than the publicity pictures.

You know, to be honest, these pictures make the statue look pretty good. It may be just one angle that it looks good on, but I feel the same way with my Boromir maquette. Plus, it does say on the prototype pictures that the figure is subject to change. It makes me think that they didn't have enough time to alter the figure before the promo pics, but that they plan on doing some modifications before its actual shipping date.

glhal1.jpg

glhal2.jpg

glhal3.jpg

You know, to be honest, these pictures make the statue look pretty good. It may be just one angle that it looks good on, but I feel the same way with my Boromir maquette. Plus, it does say on the prototype pictures that the figure is subject to change. It makes me think that they didn't have enough time to alter the figure before the promo pics, but that they plan on doing some modifications before its actual shipping date.

glhal1.jpg

glhal2.jpg

glhal3.jpg

Actually these do look better

As I said, I think the big problem with the Sideshow official pics is the very dark/black backdrop - it really washes out a ton of the detail in the parts which are painted black, and in some shots even makes him look very out of proportion.

I wish they would retake the shots on a more neutral backdrop (grey).

glhal1.jpg

That's the pic I saw that won me over

@Irishjedi, just saying everytime I come in here all I read is complaining. Take it easy

I can't believe people r actually considering the dcd version. I passed that up years ago because the proportions r super wac and way worse than the ss version.

Anyway, I'm just gonna chalk all this up to the idea that many people quit reading comics years ago so all they understand is the big three but gl has had the best stories and art over the last few years.

GL had always been tied up in great stories and has always been one of the major members of the Justice League.

I'm not exactly sure what reading new comics has to do with buying this GL statue nor do I get how that's what you "chalk it up" to.

Back