Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW

Friday AM Update: Could Guardians of the Galaxy open to $100 million this weekend? Based on late Thursday earnings, this is actually within the realm of possibilities.

The 10th movie from Marvel Studios earned a stunning $11.2 million from Thursday night showings beginning at 7 p.m. That's the biggest Thursday night debut so far this year ahead of Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($10.2 million). It's also way ahead of June's Transformers: Age of Extinction ($8.75 million), which is the only movie to open over $100 million this year.

If Guardians of the Galaxy follows the same pattern as either of those movies—or of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Godzilla and X-Men: Days of Future Past—it will score the biggest opening weekend of the year.

Of course, there's a chance that it's more front-loaded than those movies. Shows began early (7 p.m.), and everyone is out of school (which wasn't the case with the April and May releases). Also, Marvel's most committed fans (i.e. the ones who go on Thursday night) have always been on board with Guardians; it remains to be seen if more casual viewers have bought in.

When I take my son I will have to cover his ears when

Spoiler Spoiler:

Same with Hound in Transformers 4 when he called the caged alien that. :(

That's why "parents strongly cautioned".
Poor kids these days, I had no problems listening to "ugly mother****er" and "get away from her, you ****" when I was seven.
Wouldn't remember or understand a thing anyway :lol

Yeah, i'm not into protecting from everything, but I don't need him calling people certain names. :lol

But he's more than welcome to watch the alien from The Thing 1982 tear people up. :lol

Thats interesting, I thought to myself this morning. where does this rank? and I ended up putting this joint 1st place with The Winter Soldier, luckily I get to watch TWS Bluray tonight and make a final decision then :blissy

Don't get me wrong, GOTG was a fantastic time and I would say it's going to rank very high on the MCU list for me, but TWS is still the superior film to me.

Saw this last night an loved it! Ranks just below Cap 2 as my favorite Marvel film to date.

A few gripes, though...the first very minor, the second (imo) a bit major.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Don't get me wrong, GOTG was a fantastic time and I would say it's going to rank very high on the MCU list for me, but TWS is still the superior film to me.

I see, I wish I could settle on the 'they both have they're merits' argument, but I like picking favorites :lol

Marvel's doing Thanos like Darth Sidious in The Phantom Menace

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just read somewhere that this movie could be on its way to break $100 million opening weekend. Very happy to read that many are finding this movie really good! Can't wait to see it tonight!

My initial thoughts after seeing GotG today were:

Spoiler Spoiler:

That's my thoughts on it too considering a good chunk of the characters in the Infinity Gauntlet are divided up between studios

My initial thoughts after seeing GotG today were:

Spoiler Spoiler:

And Star Lord will be the one who defeats him. I'm going out on a limb there.

Would I be in the minority if I confessed that Rooker as Yondu pulled me right out of the flick every time he was on screen?

Back