Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would I be in the minority if I confessed that Rooker as Yondu pulled me right out of the flick every time he was on screen?

That was the wife's only complaint. I didn't mind him but also wasn't really a fan. I did like his "fin" and the effects of his weapons.

Worst Easter egg ever. Other than that a great family fun outing. Two thumbs up.

I was fist pumping my foam Infinity Gaunlet glove in the theatre during film that I got at comic con

Thanos looks awesome, I couldn't tell if the face was Josh Brolin superimposed or just him voice acting rest CGI

Not as good as Days of Future Past IMHO but my top 3 movies this year.

1 Days of Future Past
2 Edge of Tomorrow
3 Guardians of the Galaxy
4 Planet of the Apes
5 Captain America Winter Soldier
6 Amazing Spider-Man 2

Last edited:
I really liked the film. Thanos looked too CGI, imo. But it's a fun film and it's going to be awesome to see the Avengers team up with the Guardians in Avengers 3...or eventually.

Worst Easter egg ever. Other than that a great family fun outing. Two thumbs up.

I was fist pumping my foam Infinity Gaunlet glove in the theatre during film that I got at comic con

tumblr_m7kwtoVjMR1rziwwco1_250.gif

Love it. I know some people go to movies to sit in utter silence, but I think it's awesome when people are having a blast.

Unless you were fist pumping your gauntlet and obscuring my view. :lol

I don't know what the critics have been smoking but the new Star Wars this is not.
Not even close, it's not even Marvel's best movie, we are far behind Captain America TWS or even Avengers.
The story is one we've seen a thousand times already; while chasing a McGuffin a bunch of misfits comes together and saves the day.
At no point does the story raise any interesting issue nor does it ever rise above the clichés.
I'm really surprised at the enthusiasm for this movie, it seems almost manufactured.
The film's only redeeming quality is humor, it's is a funny movie and it works rather well as an action comedy.
You will be entertained but I don't think we can pretend it's a good film.
I did not expect Schindler's List of course but I did expect a little more substance.
The last Marvel flick (Captain America; The Winter Soldier) struck that balance between entertainment, action and some substance really well.
GOTG seemed to me to be an empty vehicle, just a setup for the jokes.
Yes the jokes were funny but everything else left me wanting and prevented me from truly enjoying it.
I left feeling like I had seen one of these flicks that you forget as soon as you leave the theater.

Saw it this afternoon, really enjoyed it.

The beginning is pretty slow and I didn't like the pacing, but it really picks up at the prison and then on towards the climax. I actually loved all the characters for once and they had a nice balance of setting up.

Stayed for the end credits, I loled.

tumblr_m7kwtoVjMR1rziwwco1_250.gif

Love it. I know some people go to movies to sit in utter silence, but I think it's awesome when people are having a blast.

Unless you were fist pumping your gauntlet and obscuring my view. :lol

It seemed to be ok with everyone. Im not a total ******. I welcomed punches to the back of my head.

82699372.gif

Anyone snag an extra IMAX poster that they want to get rid of? Need a poster for my walls and have missed out on on the cool ones

Back