Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then you clearly don't get the character. It's like stripping Cap of the red, white and blue, to appeal to a world market.

I don't get the character because I know nothing about him.He just looks cool,but Potty mouthed characters just aren't cool to me so hopefully he is at least tamed a little bit

I don't get the character because I know nothing about him.He just looks cool,but Potty mouthed characters just aren't cool to me so hopefully he is at least tamed a little bit

Picture him as a foul-mouthed 80's cop with a gravely voice, a short-guy complex with a "I don't give a ****!" attitude, and you have Rocket.

I've not read alot of GotG books. In fact, i've not read any, but, unless I foreget, Even in Marvel comics themselves, don't swearing characters , such as Captain America, Wolverine ad deadpool just get bleeped anyways?

Here James Gunn talks about Rocket Racoon and bringing him to the screen.
“We needed a raccoon to study how he looked and his behavior, so that our on-screen raccoon, which is generated through CGI will be realistic,” he explained. “Our Rocket is based on a combination of our voice actor, Bradley Cooper, our on-set actor, my brother Sean Gunn, the movements and behavior and look of Oreo [the live racoon], as well as my own animation… Bradley is one of those actors that can do drama and comedy equally well. He can do character work as well as being a leading man. These are important qualities in the role of Rocket – which is a lot more dramatic than you might think.” James Gunn once again dubbed Rocket “the heart of the movie” in a separate interview with Total Film magazine. “He is most representative of the Guardians in the fact that he’s this little mangled beast that was taken and experimented on and torn apart and put back together, and we have to feel that character’s soul,” Gunn says. “If we see his plight, and see why he’s such an angry little guy, then the movie will work.”

Here associate producer Jonathan Schwartz talks about the visual style of the film.
“When James Gunn came aboard he brought a completely unique visual sensibility to it, harkening back to pulpy '50s science fiction,” he recalls. “One of the things that he mentioned in his original pitch was that science fiction as we understand it has become greyer and sleeker and blacker and darker, this kind of Blade Runner world. We all love Blade Runner but that's not all that science fiction can be, so the world that you're going to see in Guardians of the Galaxy is colorful and bright and pulpy, but it's also lived-in and grounded. And finding the balance between those two things is what's driving a lot of this universe.”

A brighter and more colourful sci-if world? Sounds like a Flash Gordon style movie.

I'm like 90% sold on this movie already, I loved the 2008 run, love the casting, love the passion and quirkiness the director seems to have for it, and love the costuming and style shown show so far. The only thing I don't like is that it's part of a cinematic universe, I hate even the slightest possibility of black widow or another non-GOTG character being included.

Last edited:
WE know. you hate the thing that has made these films TREMENDOUSLY sucsessful. :lol

Curiosity. Is the possibility of spider-man getting One day included one of the reasons you're so vehenmently against him going back to marvel, or sony deciding to team up with marvel pictures?

Call me crazy but for most franchise characters I like their movies to be about the main characters and supporting characters only, not characters from other movies being included just for connectivity's sake.

I wouldn't want Beast showing up in a Captain America movie anymore than Rocket Racoon wandering about in a Spider-Man movie.

Fair enough. Personaly, i find anything that enriches the world, making it more full lends to my suspension of disbelief. I find superhero movies that exist within a vaccume to be terribly unbelieveable.

nature abhors a vaccume. Where there is one super-powered being, it logicaly follows there would be more.

With most though they get their powers through some kind of accident or science experiment, so it wouldn't be a case of others super-powered beings having to be out there since the creation of the powers is isolated. If you follow my meaning

Why not? Beast is an Avenger. has been for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.
Seriously. . .bad example :lol I would be psyched out of my mind if blue furry monkey Beast could join the Avengers. Go back to the very earliest Marvel comics, and crossovers were happening constantly. Avengers in general was based out of that idea. Justice Society happened in 1940. Hell, first issue of Spider-Man:

ge7571a9d.jpg

I love the crossover stuff.

Duplication of results, creating more intentionaly.
HOW did the accident happen? was there experimentation with unstable elements?
Where did these unstable elements come from?

once you open the door for one super powerwed being, you start to get an avalanche of more.

Not to mention, in spider man for example, one, or both of his parrents being connected to sheild, and in some versions being set up to take the fall for treason by red skull. Established storylines where Spidey has more than he can handle, science-wise and goes to people like Reed richards, or tony stark for help.

Moving away from spidey. Scarlet witch, Quicksilver being the children of Magneto, an X-men character.

NAMOR being the FIRST mutant super hero.

crossovers
interweaving storypoints
etc
etc
etc

The Marvel universe specificly is BUILT on the idea of their characters interacting.

Stand-alone works for batman, a little bit, becuase even his comics are standalone sometimes.

But for most of marvel, it works better ( for me ) connected.

I think my preference probably stems from the titles I've read.

The X-men books I've read are almost all separate from the rest of Marvel. The GOTG and NOVA run I read was again almost all just Cosmic characters, The Immortal Iron Fist was almost all just Iron Fist. Punisher MAX was almost all separate, X-FORCE, Deadpool, ect....

In the titles I've read there's been little cross pollination so I guess I just prefer it that way.

Spidey has been the one I read that had the most crossing-over, though I found that to be confined to event stories and not generally issues that were collected in the TPBs but in the event books.

Last edited:
Call me crazy but for most franchise characters I like their movies to be about the main characters and supporting characters only, not characters from other movies being included just for connectivity's sake.

I wouldn't want Beast showing up in a Captain America movie anymore than Rocket Racoon wandering about in a Spider-Man movie.

The run you claim you like so much was chalk full of guest stars, from the Avengers proper to Punisher. Why the sudden hypocrisy?

Just flicked through my TPBs (Annihilation BK 1-3, GOTG BK 1-4, War of Kings and Realm of Kings). Just like I remembered, not a single Avengers in sight and no Punisher either.

Last edited:
Back