Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said 2008 run of GOTG. Those above are from the old GOTG.

Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol_2_20.jpg

Last edited:
He's not ignoring it, nor is he trying to "prove a point". He simply stated that he'd prefer the GotG to have little to no other superhero crossovers as opposed to something like The Avengers, because that's how it was in the comics he most enjoyed.

He's not ignoring it, nor is he trying to "prove a point". He simply stated that he'd prefer the GotG to have little to no other superhero crossovers as opposed to something like The Avengers, because that's how it was in the comics he most enjoyed.

Someone being rational and level headed? Am I on the Bizarro Freaks forum?!

:hi5:

Precisely my position.

Someone being rational and level headed? Am I on the Bizarro Freaks forum?!

:lol :lol

But it wasn't like that in the comics. Small stints here and there, but like every other book, there were cross-overs, guest stars, etc. :wave

I choose to ignore EVERY spider-man story except Maximum clonage. untill i see a movie with 100's of spiderman clones, they're all terrible :lol

Just flicked through my TPBs (Annihilation BK 1-3, GOTG BK 1-4, War of Kings and Realm of Kings). Just like I remembered, not a single Avengers in sight and no Punisher either.

But it wasn't like that in the comics. Small stints here and there, but like every other book, there were cross-overs, guest stars, etc. :wave
In the comic series that Nova is referring to, neither The Avengers nor The Punisher have made appearances. :wave

Which...is like, what I just said in the post you quoted, and is what Nova's been saying all along. :lol

Here in the U.S. most perceive those who like/have/use guns as "demon spawn from hell in desperate need of exorcising," so it'll take more than them cleaning up Rocket's potty mouth. :lol

I own a couple of guns that I love to shoot, and I also believe that most of the gun owners in the US are ****ing idiots.

Well that's what Marvel is doing. This movie is based on the 2008 team, not those from the decades of history.

Wrong. The movie uses the team, but it's based on a film universe that's been well established since 2008 and is specifically being written to continue a story which started in and will end in The Avengers. Ironic you defend FOX for doing the same thing to X-Men that you're condemning Marvel for doing with GotG.

Wrong. The movie uses the team, but it's based on a film universe that's been well established since 2008 and is specifically being written to continue a story which started in and will end in The Avengers. Ironic you defend FOX for doing the same thing to X-Men that you're condemning Marvel for doing with GotG.
Just a little tip:

Starting off your response with "Wrong" can make you sound a bit like an elitist jerk, no offense. A more civil and respectful way to reply would be to say something along the lines of... "Actually that's not true" or "Are you sure that's true?", etc.

Though I'm sure you were going for the elitist jerk vibe, so moving on.

What you've said though is basically the same thing Nova said - Marvel is basing the Guardians of the Galaxy characters on the comic run in 2008. Will it all tie in to Marvel's The Avengers? Of course. Everyone knows this. Marvel is building a huge cinematic universe of their comics that doesn't end with The Avengers.

What Nova's saying is that, because Marvel has decided to base their cinematic GotG on the 2008 run, which had little to no other superhero crossover appearances, that he'd prefer they kept it that way in the film. Which, once again, is what he's been saying for the past few pages. He doesn't want GotG immediately connected to The Avengers, because in his favored comic series of the superhero team, the one that Marvel happens to be using as a basis for their film, they weren't.

It's just his opinion.

Just a little tip:

Starting off your response with "Wrong" can make you sound a bit like an elitist jerk, no offense. A more civil and respectful way to reply would be to say something along the lines of... "Actually that's not true" or "Are you sure that's true?", etc.

Though I'm sure you were going for the elitist jerk vibe, so moving on.

What you've said though is basically the same thing Nova said - Marvel is basing the Guardians of the Galaxy characters on the comic run in 2008. Will it all tie in to Marvel's The Avengers? Of course. Everyone knows this. Marvel is building a huge cinematic universe of their comics that doesn't end with The Avengers.

What Nova's saying is that, because Marvel has decided to base their cinematic GotG on the 2008 run, which had little to no other superhero crossover appearances, that he'd prefer they kept it that way in the film. Which, once again, is what he's been saying for the past few pages. He doesn't want GotG immediately connected to The Avengers, because in his favored comic series of the superhero team, the one that Marvel happens to be using as a basis for their film, they weren't.

It's just his opinion.

You need to learn how to read more objectively (or better if you didn't get it). I never said they're basing it off the 2008 run, what I said was they're just using the characters from it. Believe it or not, that's not the same thing. :lol

You need to learn how to read more objectively (or better if you didn't get it). I never said they're basing it off the 2008 run, what I said was they're just using the characters from it. Believe it or not, that's not the same thing. :lol
When I say "based on the 2008 series", I'm referring to the characters. Meaning that the Guardians of the Galaxy characters in the upcoming film, are based on the team from the 2008 comic series. Because of that, it's natural to assume a fan of the 2008 comic series would want the film to stay true to them.

When I say "based on the 2008 series", I'm referring to the characters. Meaning that the Guardians of the Galaxy characters in the upcoming film, are based on the team from the 2008 comic series. Because of that, it's natural to assume a fan of the 2008 comic series would want the film to stay true to them.

It's hypocritical when the fan of a small run in a 2008 comic is saying this regarding GotG and ranting at Marvel Studios over this and the content of their other films while intentionally supporting the opposite for FOX and X-Men as well as all things ASM and trolling those who don't agree.

It's hypocritical when the fan of a small run in a 2008 comic is saying this regarding GotG and ranting at Marvel Studios over this and the content of their other films while intentionally supporting the opposite for FOX and X-Men as well as all things ASM and trolling those who don't agree.
No, what's hypocritical is you accusing anyone of trolling. Much less Nova, who tries to avoid conflicts with members here as best he can.

Nova doesn't troll. He can get defensive though, as he should, and the only time I've seen that is when certain members (you), target and relentlessly bash him for not jumping on the MCU bandwagon, or for simply expressing his positive opinion of a movie you don't like. Notice he hasn't said a negative thing about you in these past 2-3 pages, but you've been insulting him in pretty much every other post you make. If I recall correctly, there are even a few MCU movies that Nova likes.

I'm no comic expert, but aren't the X-men constantly being replaced, disbanding, regrouping and what not? I'm pretty sure there are dozens of X-men characters who are sometimes in, and sometimes out in the comics. If that's the case then it makes sense that an X-men comic fan would be more open to the wide variety of characters. But they're all X-men anyway, so what does it matter? I don't think any other superhero team/character is crossing over to X-men: DOFP. :dunno

I'm sure if Nova was given the opportunity to reboot the X-men franchise however he wanted to, he would make some changes from the current films. But besides that, he seems to have enjoyed the X-men films more consistently than the MCU films, so I imagine he has more faith/optimism when a decision that he wouldn't normally agree with is made for the X-men cinematic universe.

Back