Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the fence so far with this.
The casting makes me nervous for the humanoid roles.
CGI looks top notch so far and it better be if you're going to put a talking gun totting raccoon and his walking tree pal up front and center.
Why drop the cockney accent for Rocket?
I'm sure Cooper could've pulled that off.
Don't think it'll be Avengers big but glad that Marvel is pushing the envelope.

Yea, I’m not sure about Cooper’s voice for RR.

Quite impressed with the CGI. He suits the role just fine. I would have liked to hear a bit of a Cockney accent thrown in there but his voice is great on it's own for RR.

9LEJIGU.gif

That may be the plan, but my guess is they'll keep going until they get stale and lose touch, and the audience turns to something else. Then, they'll revisit these characters/franchises in a new way later. It's what Batman, Spider-Man, and Superman did after all. "Nothing gold can stay." But who knows? Maybe they'll be the exception to the rule.

I'm not saying that current MCU continuity is set in stone for eternity or anything but I really think it will be a multiple decade thing compared to the reboot every 5-10 years that we see from Sony, Fox, and WB.

Assuming they don't die at the end of this, and unless there's a post-credits scene in Phase 3, probably won't see them again until Avengers 3 with the Avengers and Thanos.

Marvel has already mastered the bringing heroes together into ammelting pot movie, next step... multiple teams...Guardians and Avengers team up in Avengers 3 to take out Thanos. Thats what I'm loving about this huge mythos they're building with the MCU, its scope seems to have no limits in what they'll attempt.

I guess a talking raccoon isn't ridiculous enough... he has to be British too? LOL
He sounds perfectly fine in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and I actually thought they were going to tune Coopers voice a bit to mimic the accent.

I would have liked it for a bit of a comedic effect.

I guess a talking raccoon isn't ridiculous enough... he has to be British too? LOL

I've never read him with a British accent. He's always sounded like Hoffman in "Midnight Cowboy" in my head. "Hey! I'm walkin' here!"

Thanks, but man, none of these were as good as what was added for Rocket. I want to see some good shots of that Star Lord mask. Wonder if they're keeping it under wraps for some reason? It looks really cool what little we can see in the trailer, but I want moar, moar, moar.... :lol

That poster is AWESOME. I love it!

If Nolan directed Guardians there'd be no aliens because that wouldn't be realistic.

Groot would be a tree surgeon named Gary Root and Rocket would be a guy named Rocky who always wears a Davy Crockett hat.

And everything would be dark, it's always dark in his movies, so much so that I don't know why he doesn't release a 2 hour movie of a plain black screen and throw in razor blades and a noose with every ticket.

Okay, I don't hate the Nolan movies at all. But that was hilarious.

I'm so down for the art book, gonna be some rad colourful designs in there.

I've already got it pre-ordered on Amazon! Can't wait.

You can hear his accent version here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay1YAgp68qQ

Very glad that was just in the game. He sounds ridiculous. Yes, I know we're talking about a space raccoon, but it still sounds bad to me. lol
The way his dialog is written in the books I've read doesn't fit the geography they picked for the game voice either.
I'm getting the growing feeling there was a great deal of deliberate consideration on how to present the many angles of something this absurd in the first place, to not be a box office or critical failure. It's working so far.

Back