Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was my only hope. I seriously was hoping for the Bay fans to jump on the Pacific Rim bandwagon. I Knew that was the only way this could have done well.

It doesn't boil down to fans. It boils down to recognition. Once again.

images

Iconic Robot. (Dun care what the Transformers "haters" ( hate that word) say, he's an iconic design now)

images

Just a robot.

Saw this today and really liked it. Theater was packed for the 2D version.

The one thing I didn't like was the lead up to the main story. The narrative. I would rather see the lead up, if you know what I mean.

One thing I loved was, as always, Ron Perlman! :lol

I saw this last night as well and was only mildly disappointed in it. I was hoping that the movie was going to show more of how they dealt with the new emerging threat rather than be right in the middle of it from the getgo. But at the same time, I kinda liked it.

Did anyone go to Cinemark to see this? They had giveaway posters and 4 - 5 trading cards that I thought were pretty neat.

Jeremy Jahns is now for me my favorite critic and the only one I'll watch now. I dont agree with everything he says but I do agree with the majority and if you find a critic and do that its ok. Screw the rest of em

I have. And JJ is a part of that rest of them for whom which I screw.

Wait.

If you can't relate to what a critic is saying than why bother watching. I relate to him more. That's it. Can't stand watching a critic bash a liked film or not bash a film that sucks. If a critic agrees with me more than not than he's the guy I'll watch. Plain and simple

Jeremy Jahns is now for me my favorite critic and the only one I'll watch now. I dont agree with everything he says but I do agree with the majority and if you find a critic and do that its ok. Screw the rest of em

I love him. He is the reviewer I watch the most. I honestly don't really watch any other reviewers on youtube.

Sometimes he lets his enthusiasm for a movie get the best of him, but he really is the best one out there.

(A lot of guys here have mentioned liking Spill.com but I cannot stand their voice. Their humor is really awful to me.
I know I am the very small minority but it was painful to hear their review.
I tried but I really hate them now lol :lol )

If you can't relate to what a critic is saying than why bother watching. I relate to him more. That's it. Can't stand watching a critic bash a liked film or not bash a film that sucks. If a critic agrees with me more than not than he's the guy I'll watch. Plain and simple

Good. I won't watch him.

:lol

I but then again, I was making a joke....

(A lot of guys here have mentioned liking Spill.com but I cannot stand their voice. Their humor is really awful to me.

Hey, we get it. We all ****ing get it. We really, really, really, really, really ****ing get it.

Personally, I feel good critics or writers aren't just the one whose views you always agree with; but are those one who are able to express and articulate themselves in ways that the reader/viewer are able to relate to and can appreciate the writer's stance on the subject, even when they don't agree to the critic/writer's viewpoint.

I love him. He is the reviewer I watch the most. I honestly don't really watch any other reviewers on youtube.

Sometimes he lets his enthusiasm for a movie get the best of him, but he really is the best one out there.

Jeremy is great. How can you not like this guy? He's one of US.
He likes cool stuff, he's a gamer, collector, hardcore movie fan of many genres, and he's young.
He talks fast, and has those quick edits slapped together in his videos, which can annoy some. But what he says and how he reviews is pretty relatable.

Jeremy is great. How can you not like this guy? He's one of US.
He likes cool stuff, he's a gamer, collector, hardcore movie fan of many genres, and he's young.
He talks fast, and has those quick edits slapped together in his videos, which can annoy some. But what he says and how he reviews is pretty relatable.

Yup, after the review I say to myself I could see having a drink with that guy hanging out and BSing. Not so much those other guys who do reviews

Box Office Mojo official weekend report:

"It seems that Pacific Rim's entire weekend box office of 38 million came entirely from the Sideshow Freaks Forum Pacific Rim movie thread, good job guys."

Wouldn't surprise me lol

And I would stop blaming Grown Ups 2 for this movie not winning the BO. lol
Besides, it was Despicable ME 2 that was on top.
And the top 3 were all very close.

Personally, I feel good critics or writers aren't just the one whose views you always agree with; but are those one who are able to express and articulate themselves in ways that the reader/viewer are able to relate to and can appreciate the writer's stance on the subject, even when they don't agree to the critic/writer's viewpoint.

Just like what a priest or liberal PC type. No thanks. I'm not saying that in all applications but there comes a point where I just say FU. That kid critic that CP just showed us a few posts back for ex. Maybe if I was doing a thesis or term paper but to just hear a totally diff point of view for the sake of. Hmmm can't do it for long. Now if the person was a really hot chick my tolerance level would be increased a bit

Bingo........

Just like what a priest or liberal PC type. No thanks. I'm not saying that in all applications but there comes a point where I just say FU. That kid critic that CP just showed us a few posts back for ex. Maybe if I was doing a thesis or term paper but to just hear a totally diff point of view for the sake of. Hmmm can't do it for long. Now if the person was a really hot chick my tolerance level would be increased a bit

Well, that kid is a silly little kid who thinks a Jager is a Jagger, and a Kaiju is made of metal. Who would trust 'em.

Well, that kid is a silly little kid who thinks a Jager is a Jagger, and a Kaiju is made of metal. Who would trust 'em.

You'll be amazed at what people listen to man. If it wasn't the case then that kid wouldn't be on the air. I' m amazed at what we watch and the shows that are on. Shows how stupid humans have become. If its not stupidity then it's because we have to much time on our hands and just don't know what to do and how to spend quality time. Most People don't worry about food shelter clothing anymore and that creates so much opportunity to do more especially beetch. Mankind has More complaints now than ever before even though our needs are really met and we have a higher standard of living than ever before. I don't get that one

Back