Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone here owns a walther ppq? I read nothing but positive reviews, I'm done with 9s but I always change my mind, and I'm not going to 40s.

just back from a family trip to florida (disneyworld). i was so tempted to pass by a local gun shop but taking anything home would probably get me into TSA scrutiny. lol :D

My P7M8 finally arrived today. I thought it was going to be a nightmare to get it from Texas. The guy I bought it from was in a car accident on the way to the FFL to ship it to me so he had to wait a few days before he could get it shipped out. But, it looks awesome and I can't wait to finally shoot it. Yes, that mag is loaded wit the Zombie bullets. They were actually $1 cheaper than the normal Critical Defense rounds so I bought a couple boxes of them.
4ut935.jpg

just back from a family trip to florida (disneyworld). i was so tempted to pass by a local gun shop but taking anything home would probably get me into TSA scrutiny. lol :D

Welcome back.

What was the weather like?

I've been watching the forecast for Orlando over the past 5 days and it's been raining or thunderstorm, according to the weather channel.

Oh, and I know how you feel coming home empty-handed especially when you're in a gunshop unlike what we've got here in Commiefornia. :(

My P7M8 finally arrived today. I thought it was going to be a nightmare to get it from Texas. The guy I bought it from was in a car accident on the way to the FFL to ship it to me so he had to wait a few days before he could get it shipped out. But, it looks awesome and I can't wait to finally shoot it. Yes, that mag is loaded wit the Zombie bullets. They were actually $1 cheaper than the normal Critical Defense rounds so I bought a couple boxes of them.
4ut935.jpg

awesome man! let us know how it shoots!

thanks! weather was pretty good. we did however catch a few short storms on the first day but most of the time it was like this.

P1060953.jpg

Welcome back.

What was the weather like?

I've been watching the forecast for Orlando over the past 5 days and it's been raining or thunderstorm, according to the weather channel.

Oh, and I know how you feel coming home empty-handed especially when you're in a gunshop unlike what we've got here in Commiefornia. :(

Hopefully within the next few week,ill be buying my first firearm here in the US.
Basically its just for the home,,so were looking into a Glock..any suggestions..This week sometime the misses and i are heading to the gun range :)

I was under the impression that we had to get a concealed weapons permit, but it was pointed out to me that if its ONLY for the home then i wouldn't need one ,just as long as it stays on my property.

Last edited:
Hopefully within the next few week,ill be buying my first firearm here in the US.
Basically its just for the home,,so were looking into a Glock..any suggestions..This week sometime the misses and i are heading to the gun range :)

I was under the impression that we had to get a concealed weapons permit, but it was pointed out to me that if its ONLY for the home then i wouldn't need one ,just as long as it stays on my property.
For the home or for a gun range (indoors or out) you're good to go.

Another helpful tip: when transporting it, keep it in your trunk with the magazine removed from the firearm. If you don't have a trunk (SUV, truck, etc) then keep it somewhere where it's out of reach or locked.

Thanks. It'll be a couple weeks before I can get to the range with it. I'm moving this week, and the week after I have to go to Biloxi for a few days for work.
Hey brother, hope you're keeping safe out there. I know Debby's charging like an animal, so do what you need to keep yourself and family out of harm's way.

For the home or for a gun range (indoors or out) you're good to go.

Another helpful tip: when transporting it, keep it in your trunk with the magazine removed from the firearm. If you don't have a trunk (SUV, truck, etc) then keep it somewhere where it's out of reach or locked.

Great,thanks for the tip..
I know that the sell guns at the gun range, do they tend to over charge on them,and would it be better to get a new or 2nd hand handgun..and would there be anywhere i should stay away form buying from,,,IE pawn shops etc??
(sorry for all the questions)

Gun shops around here are the most costly option. I buy most of my guns from gun shows. I check sites like budsgunshop.com to find a fair price to offer.

Dude just get the permit. It saves you from having to worry about transportation and you can keep a loaded sidearm in your car. It's pretty simple to get too unless you are a criminal or a maniac. Well a maniac can still probably get one. :lol

yea that's what im most likely gonna do.
I figured that id have to first get the permit,then able to buy a firearm.. but i have been told thats not the case :)

yea that's what im most likely gonna do.
I figured that id have to first get the permit,then able to buy a firearm.. but i have been told thats not the case :)

You are correct. You can do either one first. It doesn't matter. Welcome to the US! :flag:rock

The great thing about having a permit (at least in Florida) is that you don't have to wait when you buy one. Of course this is really bad if you're like me and have shopping impulse problems.

Having the permit even has benefits in AZ where concealed carry is not controlled. You get to bypass the 3-minute phone call they make to clear you to walk out the door with the gun when you buy it.

Back