Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thumbs up for Sturmgewehre of the MAChannel.
Love his review style.

As for the two red dot sights you mentioned, I'd stay with the T1.

Here he is using it on a few FNH rifles:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CClX6g6BCA8[/ame]

I just ordered myself a SCAR 17. I found a MIL/LEO dealer by my folks, and since I'm visiting next week anyways I figured the savings was too good to pass up rather than paying the over inflated mark up the LGS by me has. Unfortunately, he told me they don't know when they'll get any FDE in stock so I'm going with standard black.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

Last edited:
I just ordered myself a SCAR 17. I found a MIL/LEO dealer by my folks, and since I'm visiting next week anyways I figured the savings was too good to pass up rather than paying the over inflated mark up the LGS by me has. Unfortunately, he told me they don't know when they'll get any FDE in stock so I'm going with standard black.

Congrats!!! You won't regret that purchase, Scar 17s is a amazing gun. Sucks you couldn't get the FDE version but great pick up none the less.

I wish those prices were still around :(

I should probally stock up on some more .223 rounds and 9mm before they go any higher in price.

went to the local Academy Sports and Walmart last night to pick up some ammo for Christmas and they were completely sold out of .22 Long Rifle, .223, and 5.56

went to the local Academy Sports and Walmart last night to pick up some ammo for Christmas and they were completely sold out of .22 Long Rifle, .223, and 5.56

Ya most stores around me are sold out of 5.56 and .223 or are overpriced so I have to order my ammo :(

great pickup on the SCAR 17! start looking for mags right away.

Already done. I've got 5 sitting in the closet. Managed to source them for $29 each from OMB guns a few weeks ago. I also have a 1-4 Leatherwood CMR sitting under the tree, Magpul safety selector, and Ergo Suregrip in the closet (I've been prepping for it for a while now, I just promised the wife I'd wait until after the holidays to buy it).

Now I just need to buy some bulk ammo and order myself a bipod for it. I'm going back and forth between an Atlas and a ModPod from VLTOR.
https://www.vltor.com/modpod.htm

I"m going with Hornady 168g AMAX to get it zeroed in. After that I'm thinking about getting some Prvi Prtzn (spelling?) ammo. I registered on the FN forums a couple of months ago when I decided to skip over the Kel Tec RFB, and there's all kinds of great info posted there in regards to recommended ammo, accessories, and magazines that are in stock.

Because of that forum I also found my next acquisition/object of obsession. I think I'm growing into a FNH fannatic.
34jcd2u.jpg

Hey friends, smith and Wesson 4506 any thoughts on how to get one of these? Any things to be watchful of ? And a decent price?

Last edited:

Congrats!

Great acquisition and another thumbs up for VLTOR mod pod. That's what I plan on doing as soon as I find a decent price in FDE.

I"m going with Hornady 168g AMAX to get it zeroed in. After that I'm thinking about getting some Prvi Prtzn (spelling?) ammo. I registered on the FN forums a couple of months ago when I decided to skip over the Kel Tec RFB, and there's all kinds of great info posted there in regards to recommended ammo, accessories, and magazines that are in stock.

Because of that forum I also found my next acquisition/object of obsession. I think I'm growing into a FNH fannatic.
34jcd2u.jpg

Good luck finding that FNX tactical, I've looked everywhere with no luck.

Back