Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely love mine. I got it for $200 less then what your store is asking for it though.

Good to hear. I was thinking I'd have to spend $1100 to $1500 to get a solid AR. Was impressed with the DPMS, as far as I saw.

Where'd you get yours? Local dealer had it for a little under $750 with the tactical railing already installed. I think it was under $700 without.

SnakeDoc

Good to hear. I was thinking I'd have to spend $1100 to $1500 to get a solid AR. Was impressed with the DPMS, as far as I saw.

Where'd you get yours? Local dealer had it for a little under $750 with the tactical railing already installed. I think it was under $700 without.

SnakeDoc

Local gun shop here in GA. They seem to have prices lots lower then anywhere else. I have put about 2000 rounds through it and have had no problems.

Anyone else signed. 2609 signatures still needed, even tho I see it surpassing, the more the better.

I'm too paranoid to sign a WH petition:panic:

I did make my big AR purchases right after the election though. Now that I've got the rifles I plan on picking up a couple stripped lowers and holding them for later.

I hear gun show attendance actually went way up after the nightmare at Sandy Hook and a shop I visited on Sat was packed.

SnakeDoc

DO NOT get a DPMS. Grab a Stag. I learned from experience!. Also I Have 3000 plus rounds through my stag (model 2) without 1 single hiccup. hell, even 3 of my friends bought one they were so impressed. And Its only $750ish at my LGS. (LIFETIME WARRANTY!!!):clap

I'm too paranoid to sign a WH petition:panic:

I did make my big AR purchases right after the election though. Now that I've got the rifles I plan on picking up a couple stripped lowers and holding them for later.

I hear gun show attendance actually went way up after the nightmare at Sandy Hook and a shop I visited on Sat was packed.

:rotfl if you're a law abiding citizen there shouldn't
be nothing to worry about. The FBI already has your finger prints and you paid for them to attain it. If they check my back ground again after I registered and signed it I'm okay with it. I have nothing to worry about, maybe they can weed out some people if it helps.

95 more signatures needed :rock

Edit: it just passed 25000, it's at 25055 now and still growing.

Last edited:
DO NOT get a DPMS. Grab a Stag. I learned from experience!. Also I Have 3000 plus rounds through my stag (model 2) without 1 single hiccup. hell, even 3 of my friends bought one they were so impressed. And Its only $750ish at my LGS. (LIFETIME WARRANTY!!!):clap

To each his own. I love my DPMS and will continue to love it. But I guess I got a good deal :)

Add me to the DPMS fans. My buddy lets me shoot his all the time and we've never experienced any problems with it.

- is anybody familiar with Diamondback firearms? They just released their first AR, and its pretty reasonably priced at $799. Might be on my list for later this year.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

Solid_Slug;5144706[/QUOTE said:
Entire post quoted. So what is my family(wife and 2 daughters, 2 stepdaughters) to do if some scum bag home invader gets in and succeeds in incapacitating me? Let themselves be raped and murdered? This whole war on "assault weapons" amazes me. I've had it with people saying they support the 2nd Amendment, why they have a handgun don't you know. They don't realize that the handgun is responsible for thousands of more deaths per year than any assault rifle. In fact baseball bats and knives are responsible for more deaths per year that assault weapons. How many thousands of innocent people are killed each year from alcohol related crashes? Should we ban alcohol? Hell no. And if I recall it didn't work out so well last time they tried. People need to treat the disease and not the so called "symptoms". A gun is a tool, nothing more nothing less. It's the psycho behind the trigger that decides what it does. How do we solve the problem? Treat the psycho, be harder on crime and repeat offenders, enforce the laws all ready on the books.

I don't post here often and I mean no disrespect but you're nuts if you think Obama is going to care about an online petition. He is going to go for and probably get another assault weapons ban. Handguns will be next on his agenda.

Never hurts to let the people voice be heard. Even tho its a small online petetion.

Entire post quoted. So what is my family(wife and 2 daughters, 2 stepdaughters) to do if some scum bag home invader gets in and succeeds in incapacitating me? Let themselves be raped and murdered? This whole war on "assault weapons" amazes me. I've had it with people saying they support the 2nd Amendment, why they have a handgun don't you know. They don't realize that the handgun is responsible for thousands of more deaths per year than any assault rifle. In fact baseball bats and knives are responsible for more deaths per year that assault weapons. How many thousands of innocent people are killed each year from alcohol related crashes? Should we ban alcohol? Hell no. And if I recall it didn't work out so well last time they tried. People need to treat the disease and not the so called "symptoms". A gun is a tool, nothing more nothing less. It's the psycho behind the trigger that decides what it does. How do we solve the problem? Treat the psycho, be harder on crime and repeat offenders, enforce the laws all ready on the books.

:lecture :exactly:

But didn't the post for the petition clearly break this rule already? :)
Apparenly some things are holy here and you can't post even reasonable argument.

Reported. You know damn well this isn't the place to have this discussion.

You most likely won't mind telling what would be more better place. After all, I didn't post to this topic because that wasn't the place and the time https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120059

One could ask if this real gun topic should in in a toy forum anyways. But like being said, it is funny though that you Can post pro-gun petitions, but not to argue about those, even though I didn't make any personal attacks etc. Besides you are the one who should be reposter for you really like to bully lots of people around here. I suppose that is also allowed.

Last edited:
But didn't the post for the petition clearly break this rule already? :)

Not really. It's one thing to post a link to a bill supporting responsible gun owners. It's another thing to troll a gun collecting thread with an anti-gun post. If he needs to feel better about himself, he should get a Facebook page where he can post his opinion without consequences. I suspect the ulterior motive is to insight a flame war and have the thread closed. Either way, this isn't the place for it and it's tasteless to think otherwise.

Apparenly some things are holy here and you can't post even reasonable argument.

You most likely won't mind telling what would be more better place. After all, I didn't post to this topic because that wasn't the place and the time https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120059

One could ask if this real gun topic should in in a toy forum anyways. But like being said, it is funny though that you Can post pro-gun petitions, but not to argue about those, even though I didn't make any personal attacks etc. Besides you are the one who should be reposter for you really like to bully lots of people around here. I suppose that is also allowed.

wow, you got really upset over a comment on an internet message board. Seems trivial compared to our rights being under assault.:dunno

Not really. It's one thing to post a link to a bill supporting responsible gun owners. It's another thing to troll a gun collecting thread with an anti-gun post. If he needs to feel better about himself, he should get a Facebook page where he can post his opinion without consequences. I suspect the ulterior motive is to insight a flame war and have the thread closed. Either way, this isn't the place for it and it's tasteless to think otherwise.

You can suspect what ever you like and if you got something to say, say it to me. Don't speculate.

wow, you got really upset over a comment on an internet message board. Seems trivial compared to our rights being under assault.:dunno

Ummm No. If you didn't notice, Nam reported me being troll to admins/moderator or something, and that kind of bother me.

I deleted the link to the petition. I don't want this thread to be locked.
I didn't think it would spark anything.

Well, on 12/12/12 I finally got my Walther PPQ :rock

I deleted the link to the petition. I don't want this thread to be locked.
I didn't think it would spark anything.

Well, on 12/12/12 I finally got my Walther PPQ :rock
I apologize if you deleted it because of what I said. Like I said I just don't believe it would have done any good. Just a question for you though. You had to get your fingerprints taken? For what, to buy a gun or carry permit?

Back