Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just added. KRISS!

P1070289_zps06a41b73.jpg

Nice! Congrats!

Good luck finding that FNX tactical, I've looked everywhere with no luck.

It won't be released to civilians until January. It's the gun I've been waiting on for a year now.

I don't want to have any of you curse me, but if there's any at the shop when I pick up the SCAR I'm gonna bring one home with me.

Out of curiosity how much does one if these cost and where can you find one?

both were purchased online and transferred to my local ffl. pistol from bud's gun shop and the carbine from ebr works.

$1,845 shipped for carbine
$1,635 shipped for pistol version

you're in Vegas so these should be pretty easy for you to get. mine are in California configurations ("featureless" carbine, bullet button on pistol and 6.5" barrel).

btw, the charging handle on these are very hard to rack back. it seems like some others have noted this on theirs. my co-worker who got one last week said the same thing so i'll assume this is normal and that the spring needs to wear some before it gets smoother.

It's out now for military and law. The regular FNX 45 is out for everyone, but the tactical for civilian release is January according to reps. If they have two there bring one home for me as well. No bull**** I'll send you the money. That goes for anyone here that's got early access. Help a brotha out!

I wish I could man, but I have a feeling the wife would beat me. I talk all macho and bad now, but she's scary and has mutant-man strength.

~~I'd probably wait a while anyways to see if the prices drop a little after they flood the market.

Looks like I might be in the market for an assault rifle in the near future if I'm going to beat the gun-banners.

Recommendations? I'm thinking 5.56 cal. I've heard 7.62 is a bit unweildy. I think I'd want something like a semi-auto M4 or AR. I like the HK416, but the SA version looks ridiculously expensive. Anything comparable for a more reasonable price? I've heard good things about the FN-SCAR, though I'm not sure the price is any more reasonable than the HK.

Also, want something with a lot of available attachments. Maybe a hybrid holographic sight. Foregrip. That kinda thing.

SnakeDoc

I've got a few myself. I really miss my AR from Iraq, but I currently love my Ruger SP101 .357 but a new AR is certainly on the list.

Picked up a sweet Knights Armament AR 15 today, got a nice Eotech setup riding on it. My local gs was PACKED! Must have been 20 some odd people buying up whatever they could.

People are preparing!

We're facing an attack on the 2nd amendment, set to take place in January in the form of a sneaky proposal to ban semi auto's. If there's a round up, I expect to see, hate to say it, lots of blood. The bill failed in November, but they were just waiting for a crisis to reintroduce it.
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
The retoric of the gov't and media are saying that these weapons have no purpose, that they are not used for hunting, so we don't need them. To them I say, they do have a purpose. They are to prevent tyrany from foreign and domestic threats, and that right of mine should not, will not, be infringed upon.-

Stopped off at my local tactical firearms dealer. Looked at a DPMS/Panther Arms 5.56 AR-15. Never heard of DPMS, but the dealer said it is the least expensive military-spec AR15 out there. Gets you the most bang for your buck.

Less expensive than I expected, actually. About $750 cash price for the rifle with rail system. Retractable stock. Messed with it for a few minutes. Seemed like a solid weapon. Didn't get the chance to test fire.

Any thoughts on DPMS/Panther Arms AR15? How does it compare to Colt or Bushmaster?

SnakeDoc

"To disarm the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason

Not trying to make this political, but for those that enjoy firearms, now is the time to make your voice heard.

Stopped off at my local tactical firearms dealer. Looked at a DPMS/Panther Arms 5.56 AR-15. Never heard of DPMS, but the dealer said it is the least expensive military-spec AR15 out there. Gets you the most bang for your buck.

Less expensive than I expected, actually. About $750 cash price for the rifle with rail system. Retractable stock. Messed with it for a few minutes. Seemed like a solid weapon. Didn't get the chance to test fire.

Any thoughts on DPMS/Panther Arms AR15? How does it compare to Colt or Bushmaster?

SnakeDoc

I absolutely love mine. I got it for $200 less then what your store is asking for it though.

Back