Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
~~Has anyone else's family members jumped on the gun control band wagon yet?? I just got to my parent's house last night, and of course my mom is ready to protest in the streets about how we need to stop selling military style weapons to civilians. :slap
As a mental health counselor, veteran, and firearms enthusiast it took every fiber in my existence to stop from pistol whipping some sense into her.

i'm visiting family tomorrow. it'll definitely be the topic of conversation. i totally understand where you're coming from. it seems i'm always on guard when firearms are discussed with family and co-workers. i try to keep a steady and patient mind.

just the other day i'm at lunch with co-workers. one guy asks me, "do you have any body armor yet?" i respond back, "no, i want to die when i get shot." geez, i knew he was trying to poke at me to see if i was some crazy loon. we both laughed at my response but it's this public mentality that gun owners are ticking time bombs sort of irks me. :slap

i keep an open and respectful approach by inviting anyone to the range. i've actually helped a few overcome their initial fears. it's a fun social event too! :D

hey, it's kinda like statue collecting. some ppl think you're crazy for buying such things. :lol

This doesn't exactly answer what you're asking, but I have several of their AK magazines that have never given me any problems.

~~Has anyone else's family members jumped on the gun control band wagon yet?? I just got to my parent's house last night, and of course my mom is ready to protest in the streets about how we need to stop selling military style weapons to civilians. :slap
As a mental health counselor, veteran, and firearms enthusiast it took every fiber in my existence to stop from pistol whipping some sense into her.

Thanks, I read they are a hit or miss with AK, glad you don't got no problems with yours.

i'm visiting family tomorrow. it'll definitely be the topic of conversation. i totally understand where you're coming from. it seems i'm always on guard when firearms are discussed with family and co-workers. i try to keep a steady and patient mind.

just the other day i'm at lunch with co-workers. one guy asks me, "do you have any body armor yet?" i respond back, "no, i want to die when i get shot." geez, i knew he was trying to poke at me to see if i was some crazy loon. we both laughed at my response but it's this public mentality that gun owners are ticking time bombs sort of irks me. :slap

i keep an open and respectful approach by inviting anyone to the range. i've actually helped a few overcome their initial fears. it's a fun social event too! :D

hey, it's kinda like statue collecting. some ppl think you're crazy for buying such things. :lol

:exactly: sad thing is the media don't expose the story when the outcome of the story comes out positive if a gun owner is involved.

BTW, I just wanted to mention about the petition I post earlier. I don't want to link it unless its okay, but the president had addressed a response video. Atleast he is listening.

My favorite gun I own is my smith 629. I love the gun and I love shooting it. But it's a bit pricey to run ammo through it so I was debating buying a cheap 22 just to plink with. At first I was going to buy a ruger sr22 but since 22 ammo is so crappy and dirty I've seen them jam and I think a revolver might be a better option. Cheaper too. I just don't have a budget for a gun right now. But anyways I was debating picking up a heritage arms sa revolver and was wondering if anyone had an opinion or experience with them. Or any decent/cheap priced sa revolver really. I was looking at heritage just because they're made in the us. I did a lil research on the heritage guns and people seem to like 'em. And for the price I was thinking what the hell?
Let me know guys, I come here and read the comments often just looking for advice.

I don't know anything about them, sorry.

My family has actually moved in the opposite direction over the last few years. We never had guns when I was growing up and it wasn't until I started to get into them and taking my parents to the range that they've totally come around. Some of their friends and other family members are on the bandwagon as well, so it's pretty cool. I don't think people understand that shooting can be a real good time together.

Nice. I'm on the lookout for a new AR myself. Timing couldn't be any worse though. All the nicer AR's have sold thru around here.

Finally got home from the gun store....wow. The rifle racks were pretty barren except for the high dollar rifles. Good thing is that they weren't price gouging at the store so people weren't getting ripped off.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Damn supply and demand. I called my LGS for price on 7.62x39 1k rounds and they told me $305. When I got there a few hours later the price went up to $375. Well, the guys know me there and they tried to ask the owner but the owner didn't budge. I still picked up 2k. Well they tried, same for their .223
634CA763-AD58-4A24-A6B9-C93AFDB81960-3467-0000025C76A66871.jpg

They also told me another LGS had Pmags instock and people was buying it by the bulks, 40 at a time. I'm sure most of it went on eBay.

Finally got home from the gun store....wow. The rifle racks were pretty barren except for the high dollar rifles. Good thing is that they weren't price gouging at the store so people weren't getting ripped off.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Congrats! One of my LGS is selling one for $5k:dunno and the employee told me a local sports authority brought one in for under $3k because the manager is a gun nut

Congrats! One of my LGS is selling one for $5k:dunno and the employee told me a local sports authority brought one in for under $3k because the manager is a gun nut

what the ****? which LGS is selling a Scar for $5k so i will never give them my business again.

Are Pmags serisly out of stock everywhere in hawaii?

man, these gun shop owners must be loving every second of this weapons ban hysteria. On one hand you have them protesting about it, but secretly you know they are rallying for it to actually happen so they can make a killing.

what the ****? which LGS is selling a Scar for $5k so i will never give them my business again.

Are Pmags serisly out of stock everywhere in hawaii?

man, these gun shop owners must be loving every second of this weapons ban hysteria. On one hand you have them protesting about it, but secretly you know they are rallying for it to actually happen so they can make a killing.

X-ring security in Waipahu is the shop who was asking $5k for it. He was also the guy who lied to me telling me it was to late to cancel a order from gun genie when I ordered a rifle and wanted to transfer it to his shop. After I found out he lied I stayed away from his shop but I stopped by his shop because of all the craze looking to find pmags. But SEC told me yesterday that OGC had a huge stock of pmags the other day and listed it on their website and it was gone the same day.

I didn't expect SEC to raise the price on Ammo's too, I would also think they would honor the price they told me on the phone hours before I got there since I do my majority of my purchase there. I don't know why but even 10 round mags are hard to find online that is in stock, so if you need G19 mags they got a bunch.

I also drived by the main station where people registered, the line was out all the way to the side of the building, SEC told me people are waiting 6 hours. I had to go there and make 2 trips and luckily each wait was only about 20 mins each, this was last wednesday.

I just spent over an hour in line just to get into a gun show. Show opened at 10 and apparently had people lined up at 6:30 am. They sold out of all .223 and 5.56 ammo about as soon as the doors opened. One store told me they sold through 40 1000 round cases in 30 minutes. Prices were jacked up all over the place. All I wanted was some ammo and a compact tac light. Went home with some Gold Dot 9mm ammo and nothing else unfortunately.

I just spent over an hour in line just to get into a gun show. Show opened at 10 and apparently had people lined up at 6:30 am. They sold out of all .223 and 5.56 ammo about as soon as the doors opened. One store told me they sold through 40 1000 round cases in 30 minutes. Prices were jacked up all over the place. All I wanted was some ammo and a compact tac light. Went home with some Gold Dot 9mm ammo and nothing else unfortunately.

That sucks, are the 7.69x39 also going fast? Yeah I wanted some 45 gold dots but sold out here too, but I did get some gold dots in 9mm

That sucks, are the 7.69x39 also going fast? Yeah I wanted some 45 gold dots but sold out here too, but I did get some gold dots in 9mm

as I was standing in line waiting to get in I saw person after person walking out with cases that. I'm not sure if they had any left inside when I was looking though. Ironically, I got the 5.56 over the 7.69 because I figured the availability of ammunition would be much greater. Joke's on me.

After the gun show I went to Academy sports, which usually sports hundreds of rifles on display. Their shelves were just about bare. I did luck out with getting 200 rounds of .223 that some guy had hidden and a store clerk found and was putting back on the shelf. :yess:

as I was standing in line waiting to get in I saw person after person walking out with cases that. I'm not sure if they had any left inside when I was looking though. Ironically, I got the 5.56 over the 7.69 because I figured the availability of ammunition would be much greater. Joke's on me.

After the gun show I went to Academy sports, which usually sports hundreds of rifles on display. Their shelves were just about bare. I did luck out with getting 200 rounds of .223 that some guy had hidden and a store clerk found and was putting back on the shelf. :yess:

Nice, I went to my 3rd LGS this week and found some 5.56. But they are limiting only 200 rounds per person. So I bought 200 rounds, so did my wife. To bad my kids can't purchase ammo, I would of brought home 800 rounds today.

X-ring security in Waipahu is the shop who was asking $5k for it. He was also the guy who lied to me telling me it was to late to cancel a order from gun genie when I ordered a rifle and wanted to transfer it to his shop. After I found out he lied I stayed away from his shop but I stopped by his shop because of all the craze looking to find pmags. But SEC told me yesterday that OGC had a huge stock of pmags the other day and listed it on their website and it was gone the same day.

I didn't expect SEC to raise the price on Ammo's too, I would also think they would honor the price they told me on the phone hours before I got there since I do my majority of my purchase there. I don't know why but even 10 round mags are hard to find online that is in stock, so if you need G19 mags they got a bunch.

I also drived by the main station where people registered, the line was out all the way to the side of the building, SEC told me people are waiting 6 hours. I had to go there and make 2 trips and luckily each wait was only about 20 mins each, this was last wednesday.

Unreal man.... how much is 9mm and 45 ammo now at SEC? i buy all my ammo from them since they have the best prices before, but it's been awhile since I stocked up a little a few months ago.

in fact its been a couple months since i stepped into any shop. I better get my ass in gear and check OGC and SEC out soon.

Unreal man.... how much is 9mm and 45 ammo now at SEC? i buy all my ammo from them since they have the best prices before, but it's been awhile since I stocked up a little a few months ago.

in fact its been a couple months since i stepped into any shop. I better get my ass in gear and check OGC and SEC out soon.

The 9mm and 45ACP didn't go up, the craze is for AR and AK ammos. The HD in 9mm for gold dots is still $25 for box of 50, they been out of stock for a while in 45s. OGC doesn't give quotes over the phone, I haven't been in there for a while, hate the parking.

Anyone preordered from midwayUSA before? I ordered 6 magpul magazines (four 30rds and two 20rds) and it states back instock 1/29/13. Hoping that magpul gave them that estimate

Back