Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother's been trying to get me to visit him in WI and to bring a couple of my guns when I go. He lives on some 10-20 acres of land and it's legal to just shoot in his backyard. I'm a welder and I want to build some really cool targets before I go. I'll post pics of the targets when I make 'em. They'll probably be made out of 1/4" regular carbon steel tho so we'll see how long they last. I guess as long as we keep to the smaller calibers it should be fine.

I'm thinking I want a new 1911. I have two very nice classics. Any recommendations? The Kimbers are pretty nice. So are the Sig Scorpions.

I'm thinking I want a new 1911. I have two very nice classics. Any recommendations? The Kimbers are pretty nice. So are the Sig Scorpions.

I have a Kimber Custom II. Highly recommended. Also heard the Kimber Eclipse is quite nice. Kimbers tend to have only very slight upgrades between versions, though, so even the basic ones are great.

SnakeDoc

Looks like even Cheaper Than Dirt is jumping on the price gouging bandwagon. I got their catalog in the mail today and in it they had some .223 ammo listed $599 for 1000 rounds. I logged in to see if they had it in stock and they did, however the current price was $999.99 for the 1000 rounds.

You want high end or mass produced? I have a Christensen officer 1911 and a Les Baer SRP 1911 and both are amazing. I also 2 springfield 1911 a TRP and a lightweight champion operator and both of those run great. I looked at Kimbers but found they are loaded with mim parts. My friend has a Sig C3 crimson trace and he loves it.

I have a Kimber and a Ruger. Love them both. I tend to take the Ruger to the range more often because it's easier to take down and clean. lol

You want high end or mass produced? I have a Christensen officer 1911 and a Les Baer SRP 1911 and both are amazing. I also 2 springfield 1911 a TRP and a lightweight champion operator and both of those run great. I looked at Kimbers but found they are loaded with mim parts. My friend has a Sig C3 crimson trace and he loves it.

No more than $1,500.

Looks like even Cheaper Than Dirt is jumping on the price gouging bandwagon. I got their catalog in the mail today and in it they had some .223 ammo listed $599 for 1000 rounds. I logged in to see if they had it in stock and they did, however the current price was $999.99 for the 1000 rounds.

:horror :slap

Im back and forth on a Springfield Lighweight Operator and a Kimber Tactical Entry II. Both look nice man and I was set on the Kimber..until I saw the Springfield now Im stuck :lol.

:gah: I bet you there are people in charge of various gun/ammo production company's just dancing in their offices and rolling around in huge piles of money :rotfl

Im back and forth on a Springfield Lighweight Operator and a Kimber Tactical Entry II. Both look nice man and I was set on the Kimber..until I saw the Springfield now Im stuck :lol.

I love the lightweight operator, can't speak to the Kimber as I have no experience with it.

That's out-friggin-rageous!

Guess I'm just gonna have to wait for all the hype to die down.

Are both available? You should probably just pick up whichever you find first imo. You're not really going to make a bad decision either way.

My next pistol will be a sig 226 in 9 or a HK P30 in 9. But I got rifle fever right now.

Are both available? You should probably just pick up whichever you find first imo. You're not really going to make a bad decision either way.

My next pistol will be a sig 226 in 9 or a HK P30 in 9. But I got rifle fever right now.

Yeah I found them both on gunbroker. You know what kinda caught my eye now that you mentioned sig is the p229 enhanced elite :rock. 40 cal its a sweet looking pistol. Now I have 3 to choose from :slap. lol

Back