Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone worried about price gouging, here is the reason why: Feinstein has released a summary of her bill. This is the tip of the iceberg. Buy NOW!!!!!!!!

Right there, this is what they're coming after. Even grandfathered guns are going to be under assault. This is no joke people.
I have the FBI statistics from 2011 sitting in front of me right now. Under these 2 categories, rifles and firearms (type unknown) there were 1992 murders committed. Rifles 315, firearms (type unknown) 1677. Now take into account that firearms (type unknown) doesn't neccesarrily mean that the murders were committed with a rifle, so the over all number committed with a rifle would most likely be lower. In that same period, 1668 people were killed with knives, 1645 people were killed with other weapons (non firearm), and 718 were killed with hands, fists, feet, etc. I didn't bother with shotguns because that was relatively a low number. So to summarize in 2011 there were twice as many people killed by non-firearm related weapons than were killed with rifles, shotguns, and firearms (type unknown) combined? Feel safer yet? Going strictly by the rifle column there were more people killed by being beaten with hands and fist or strangled than were killed with rifles. What does she is going to accomplish? People would **** if they actually did a little bit of searching and seen how many murders were done by non firearms. Guess 5 years down the road we'll be banning knives? Wonder how we're going to ban hands?:dunno

Last edited by a moderator:
So after shooting my buds 1911 Sig C3 crimson trace I caved went to my local shop and picked one up. The after Christmas sale was still on so I got a NIB gun for $856 after taxes. Also got 9 boxes of 5.56 ammo Federal green tip FMJ 62gr.

As others have mentioned before, better push the political chat to another thread and keep this one about "Gun Collecting" so it doesn't get shut down and closed.[/QUOT

Since this thread is of use and pertains to collecting we'll leave it open for now.

But any "us vs. them" type of back and forth is not allowed and will get this thread shut down. Calling elected representatives "stupid *****" will also get the thread shut down.

As others have mentioned before, better push the political chat to another thread and keep this one about "Gun Collecting" so it doesn't get shut down and closed.

Understood. I just see it as our politicians wanting to infringe on our rights to collect guns. Hence the reason I wrote in this thread. Sorry for the non-PC political angle. Congrats to those who have newly aquired firearms. Enjoy them :clap

Almost pulled the trigger on a LWRC M6A2 today. Must have walked around the gun shop for 30 minutes till I decided to wait out a Colt. Figured between the additional cost and the fact that it's a piston system which I know zilch about made passing the smart move. Really wanted to grab it while I had my hands on it though. lol

Almost pulled the trigger on a LWRC M6A2 today. Must have walked around the gun shop for 30 minutes till I decided to wait out a Colt. Figured between the additional cost and the fact that it's a piston system which I know zilch about made passing the smart move. Really wanted to grab it while I had my hands on it though. lol

I am surprised you were able to find anything like that. There is zilch anywhere around here. Not even the crap stuff.

wow! my friend sold his Noveske AR10 N6 lower for $800. it sold quick too. i think he said he bought it for about $500 a few years back.

Are replacement parts like buffer tubes and bolt assembly's for AR and other weapons targeted going to be affected I figured they would of been safe from this?

But I can see why they would want to try and take those down to. Guess I am going to have to stock up on parts to :(

:dunno But people are getting spare parts just to be on the safe side.

PM sent. I'm not sure about Cali conversions yet, and I think it was mentioned that they are waiting final information from the IWI representative at the Shot Show next month. Basically, IWI is going to have definitive information for their release at the show. I like the Group Buy because once they get the deposit the order is placed, and we're guaranteed a low numbered rifle.

:hi5: Thanks! I PMd the guy who is running the group buy. But seems like it's already locked for order.

$1000 brand new

:clap Glad you didn't get raped with all the frenzy, and that is a hard piece to get a hold of no matter what.

Same here, although I may have a line on a FN FS2000

Fingers crossed! :pray:

Goodluck bro, you sir have good taste. I regret not picking it up for $1700 :monkey2

Unlocked!!! YAY!!!

Just in time to say one of my orders from Target sports USA was canceled due to order fulfillment. :(

Not sure what happened but glad it's unlocked. Ironically this is one of the most peaceful threads on the board. Would hate to see it locked for good.

WOW! That was a great video! Makes it plain & clear! He's basically describing the conversion I'm doing to my SKS. No real functional change, just a cosmetic one.

Glad the thread is back open.

Back