Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wanting to get an AR-15 for a while now, but with the current draught, I've decided to go with an SKS for easily 1/3 (or less) the price.

Anyone have any experience with the SKS, including what to look for when purchasing?

Thanks in advance. Still hope I can get an AR (or at least a lower) by the Fall...

WOW! That was a great video! Makes it plain & clear! He's basically describing the conversion I'm doing to my SKS. No real functional change, just a cosmetic one.

Glad the thread is back open.

Whoa, just noticed this.... Lee, any help you can lend would be much appreciated...

so today i decided i made a mistake when i got my glock17.

found out about the glock23 conversion and just about cried haha.

I was thinking the same when I got my 19, but I was thinking on just buy a whole gun since the conversion is only half the price. But I strayed away from the 40 and bought a 17.

Personally I'm not into that conversion thing, why buy a .22 conversion for my AR if I can get a .22 rifle for the same price?

I was thinking the same when I got my 19, but I was thinking on just buy a whole gun since the conversion is only half the price. But I strayed away from the 40 and bought a 17.

Personally I'm not into that conversion thing, why buy a .22 conversion for my AR if I can get a .22 rifle for the same price?

I've fired Kimber .22 converted pistols, I can understand the idea of shooting a cheap round out of the same action, trigger etc. But in reality it never seems to work as advertised.

You're probably right, just buy a dedicated .22 if you feel like plinking since it's pretty much the same price.

Just picked up a S&W M&P 15-22 and its awesome...really fun to shoot and cheap to shoot. Plus I love the ability to trick it out a little..a bit expensive for a .22LR but on an AR platform I felt like I got a deal.

My ever growing collection consists of:

Glock 17 9mm
Glock 22 .40
Beretta 92FS Stainless 9mm
HK P2000 .40
HK P30 9mm
POF AR-15 with 11.5" short barrel with suppressor
POF AR-15 with 16" barrel
Sig Mosquito with suppressor
Ruger 22 Mark III
Walther P22
Ruger 10/22 with Promag G36 stock

Glock 17 9mm
Glock 22 .40
HK P2000 .40
HK P30 9mm
Ruger 22 Mark III
Walther P22

Nice! Welcome to the board also! :duff

Thanks bumblebee. When I came across this board and saw the Viper postings, I was hooked.

I've fired Kimber .22 converted pistols, I can understand the idea of shooting a cheap round out of the same action, trigger etc. But in reality it never seems to work as advertised.

You're probably right, just buy a dedicated .22 if you feel like plinking since it's pretty much the same price.

:exactly: but some people has their own opinion and likes doing the conversion

Just picked up a S&W M&P 15-22 and its awesome...really fun to shoot and cheap to shoot. Plus I love the ability to trick it out a little..a bit expensive for a .22LR but on an AR platform I felt like I got a deal.

Congrats, I am itching to get the Uzi or MP5 in .22lr, those are a classical piece in 9mm of course.

Glock 17 9mm
Glock 22 .40
HK P2000 .40
HK P30 9mm
Ruger 22 Mark III
Walther P22

Welcome to the board. Looks like you love your .22lr and not a fan of .45acp. But I understand keeping certain ammo calibers as slim as possible

A HK45 would be a nice addition to your collection :monkey3

Thanks darkknight,

:hi5: You're right about the ammo. I had a HK .45 back in 2002 but decided that keeping so many types of ammo was not for me. The .22s are so much more economical to shoot and you can shoot all day long without spending alot of money.

just managed to get my hands on a ton 30 round PMAGS, wish I could trade them on here for painting services, lol.

If you’re from the states maybe this thread should be renamed.... guns that I used to own lol

Saweet! Did you get em for retail?

yeah, been going to the local Sporting Goods store at opening on truck days. Only way to get ammo or anything else. Saturday they got one AR in, and today they only got 2. Sadly I was third in line :mad: Today's ARs were 7.62 which I really wanted. Offered the guy ahead of me $200 to let me buy it and he just laughed.

Anyone have any hk45 magazines they want to sell? I'm trying to buy a used one on eBay but every time I checkout it says there is an error and to try again later. It's been like that for two days now.

Back