Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2011-08-12_18-37-06_616_zps620bf83c.jpg

My POF 11.5" Gas Piston .223 with AAC suppressor along with EOTech 552.

very niiiiice! i want a suppressor! :mad:

Talked to my local gs guy, not the owner but the guy that runs it and knows all of what's going on. He apologized for the fs2000 debacle and promised me a fs2000 at dealer cost. I also walked out the door today at cost with a FN FNX 9 bitone! Going to the range tomorrow with this beauty.

Oh and before anyone ask cost was $500 even after taxes! :yess:

congrats dude!

i love FN firearms. it's just too bad that magazines are not compatible like they are with Glocks.

It would probably cost $20 in gas for me to get there :lol

Have you ever had sights put on your gun anywhere or know someone around us who does it?

I actually just talked to Lakeside in acworth last weekend to see of they could put night sights on my XDM and they said it would be no problem and sights and installation would be about $100.

I actually just talked to Lakeside in acworth last weekend to see of they could put night sights on my XDM and they said it would be no problem and sights and installation would be about $100.

Is that a good price? I've read horrible reviews about the guy that works there.

Is that a good price? I've read horrible reviews about the guy that works there.

I honestly have no idea, first place I have asked. I was only in there to buy a magazine for my XDM and saw they had a workshop. I might go to the gun show tomorrow and ask around. Cherokee is about an hour away, but they are probably the best people I have worked with so I may ask if they can do it. I am kind of nervous to have it done because it shoots so accurate, I'm afraid to have someone mess with the sights.

$25-$35 round here.
$70 :horror
the one in town here is $20, but one about an hour away is free. $70 is nuts.

Where are you guus from?! I've never paid that much around here. Around here it's average $60-$70. NJ sucks I guess. Then it's another $15 for the NICS check.

Yeah I usually go to a FFL dealer when I buy. I actually go to a guy who works out of his house. He grandfathered in and said 99% is doing FFL transfers and the othe 1% is selling consignment guns. He charges $30 even per firearm.

I use to know a guy who did it from his basement too. He did all transfer and like your guy sold a few guns here and there. Where are you from? Are we using the same guy? He's taking a break for now cause he can't get through to do NICS check cause of the influx of background checks. He calls and it costs him $15 every time whether he gets through or not.

it just occurred to me that transfers are $45. i'm including the $25 DROS (dealer record of sale) which totals out to $70.

i thought of becoming an 01 FFL but i work enough hours during the week. :D however, i have an 03 FFL license + COE to get around the 1 in 30 days handgun rule.

Where are you guus from?! I've never paid that much around here. Around here it's average $60-$70. NJ sucks I guess. Then it's another $15 for the NICS check.

I use to know a guy who did it from his basement too. He did all transfer and like your guy sold a few guns here and there. Where are you from? Are we using the same guy? He's taking a break for now cause he can't get through to do NICS check cause of the influx of background checks. He calls and it costs him $15 every time whether he gets through or not.

This is why I don't do this. I came up with a high price to price people out of asking me. To much work and cost. But everyone has to know it cost money to keep the doors open.

it just occurred to me that transfers are $45. i'm including the $25 DROS (dealer record of sale) which totals out to $70.

i thought of becoming an 01 FFL but i work enough hours during the week. :D however, i have an 03 FFL license + COE to get around the 1 in 30 days handgun rule.

Yup, that's pretty much the story over here.

To the member that thought $40 was too much... I wish I paid that much.

Yup, that's pretty much the story over here.

To the member that thought $40 was too much... I wish I paid that much.

If I can ask. An if you wish to PM that is ok. What is the rules about getting a FFL 3 now? I got my 1st FFL back in 85. Just file the paper work. An had it in the mail to me in less then a weeks time.

Also just wondering is it really cheaper to buy and have a gun ship to a dealer? I understand some dealers (like all business) have there good and bad. Some do get more of a discount that others. But in the end if you fine a good shop with a gun smith on hand. Its worth paying a little more. If you showroom your small gun shop will go out of busness and buying this kind of item from the internet will just get harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1X4R View Post
very niiiiice! i want a suppressor!
We need to move.

We need to move. :rotfl

Why? Unless your using it on a long rifle it will not do you much good. I have never seen one work as it does in the movies. For the most part they just hold back the flash.

But if your looking at the cool ness of it. Ya, they are cool looking.

man, maybe it's a California thing. we do tend to pay higher prices here.

The guy had been doing it since it was legal to do it from your house and charged $30 ever since and he did not raise the price.

Other LGS charges $40 for active military and other charges certain percentage of the total of the cost per firearm.

Doubt it, because he doesn't have a basement. His company is called "Ready On The Right"

There is another option for ordering if you don't got a FFL near you or your LGS charges too much to do a FFL transfer. It's called Gun Genie, you guys probably heard of them. You order from them then input your zip code and if your LGS is affiliated with them the price will show how much your LGS will charge before you order. Plus there are no credit card fees like some etailers and LGS charges.

Back