Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, just wanted to hear your opinion about this. In pistols I own 9mm and 45acp and of course a 22lr. I know it's best to keep your ammo sizes as slim as possible. Do you think it a good idea to have another caliber sized handgun in hand? I was thinking a Glock 22 or 23 since 40s&w ammo is easier to find vs 9mm and 45acp in this crisis. And if I need an extra pistol in 9mm I'll just buy the conversion barrel.

Anyone looking for Glock 17 mags? CDNN has 10rounders for $23. I called them up and verified and ordered 3 of it and 4 Bulgarian made AK 40rds mags. $170 shipped for those 7 mags. Glad they didn't jack prices up.

Hey guys, just wanted to hear your opinion about this. In pistols I own 9mm and 45acp and of course a 22lr. I know it's best to keep your ammo sizes as slim as possible. Do you think it a good idea to have another caliber sized handgun in hand? I was thinking a Glock 22 or 23 since 40s&w ammo is easier to find vs 9mm and 45acp in this crisis. And if I need an extra pistol in 9mm I'll just buy the conversion barrel.

I like my handguns in 9mm, 45acp and 357mag. What glocks do you have already?

:exactly:

9mm
G19
G17
PPQ
P226 MK25

45acp
HK45
HK45ct
SA 1911 Loaded

Great collection! :hi5:

I highly recommend the FNX 9mm. I just got done pumping 200 some odd rounds through it and it ran flawlessly. Smooth action, super easy takedown, shot very accurately. Ran some blazer brass and federal through it perfectly. Have to order 4 more mags tonight, it comes with (3) 17 round mags.

Baby Glock could be a option if you want to stay in 9mm and carry easily.

. Have to order 4 more mags tonight, it comes with (3) 17 round mags.

I hate you in the friendliest if ways. In Kalifornia, we can only have ten rounders.....

Stock up, my man, because I see a day when a LOT more states limit it to ten in the mag. Hope not, but people are uninformed and politicians are insane....

I need everyone's opinion here. I really want a Sig 1911 RTT 45ACP. I found one for$ 850+ $50 shipping but its used. Is that a good price for a used? The guy hasn't responded to me about round count but it looks fine visually in pics.

Great collection! :hi5:

I highly recommend the FNX 9mm. I just got done pumping 200 some odd rounds through it and it ran flawlessly. Smooth action, super easy takedown, shot very accurately. Ran some blazer brass and federal through it perfectly. Have to order 4 more mags tonight, it comes with (3) 17 round mags.

Baby Glock could be a option if you want to stay in 9mm and carry easily.

Thanks bro! It's more like a splurge too. I was thinking of the G26 but we can't CCW. I was also looking at the G21. The reason why I was looking at Glocks is because my LGS has the FDE in stock.

Edit: Just called my LGS and put the G22 Gen4 FDE on hold. $579

Last edited:
I need everyone's opinion here. I really want a Sig 1911 RTT 45ACP. I found one for$ 850+ $50 shipping but its used. Is that a good price for a used? The guy hasn't responded to me about round count but it looks fine visually in pics.

I'd look into Kimber. Kimber is less expensive than that brand new. You can get a Kimber Custom II 1911 .45 for $700 or so. I love mine. I think a Kimber Eclipse is a bit more.

As I understand it, Kimber is one of the best 1911 brands out there ... and even their less expensive models aren't much different from their more expensive ones. The functional parts are the same ... difference is tactical rails, frontstrap checking, color, etc.

I hate you in the friendliest if ways. In Kalifornia, we can only have ten rounders.....

Stock up, my man, because I see a day when a LOT more states limit it to ten in the mag. Hope not, but people are uninformed and politicians are insane....

I'm going to be stocking up on 15-rd HK P30 mags soon. I'm in Texas. No chance the State will limit ... not as confident in the feds. Any recommendations on where to get 'em?

SnakeDoc

Thanks bro! It's more like a splurge too. I was thinking of the G26 but we can't CCW. I was also looking at the G21. The reason why I was looking at Glocks is because my LGS has the FDE in stock.

Edit: Just called my LGS and put the G22 Gen4 FDE on hold. $579

Nice score bro! :hi5:

Love guns in FDE!

Damn I'm so happy I don't live in Cali! Yeah needless to say I'm stacking up on both mags and various ammo.

I'm going to be stocking up on 15-rd HK P30 mags soon. I'm in Texas. No chance the State will limit ... not as confident in the feds. Any recommendations on where to get 'em?

SnakeDoc

if there was ever a state that would ignore or fight federal gun regulations its Texas.

Nice. I went to my lcs hoping to land a Gen4 FDE G19 the other day. Aside from a 26 they were completely out of Gen4's for some reason.

Thanks! The thing that is stopping me on buying it is the damn process. I hear people are waiting in line at the police department 3-5 hours :thud::monkey2

my SCAR 17 has finally been converted to featureless! no BB! yay! it was a snap installing the original mag release too. however, i had to remove my sweet LaRue LT-FUG grip to comply with the law. :( i'll put a Magpul AFG in place of it.

no worries i'll just move the FUG to another rifle.

woot! my list of "featureless" rifles is now 4. i'll have to take a pic of them together. thanks to Solar Tactical for making these Kydex grips. :1-1:

i made this decision a while back and decided to stock up on .40 ammo. i only have 3 pistols in this caliber but there's no denying that it's a fairly common ammo around especially with LEO agencies. i might add an HK USP 40. CDNN Sports has factory new 10rd mags for only $20 each. 500 in stock!

Back