Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i made this decision a while back and decided to stock up on .40 ammo. i only have 3 pistols in this caliber but there's no denying that it's a fairly common ammo around especially with LEO agencies. i might add an HK USP 40. CDNN Sports has factory new 10rd mags for only $20 each. 500 in stock!

Nice, I'm tempted on getting another HK. But for some reason my go to gun changed from my HK45ct to G17, the cheapest pistol I paid for :dunno :lol

Yeah, I just purchased 3 more G17 mags from them this morning and saw that they had the G22 mags in stock. I think I'm done with my glock mags. 8 for my G17 and 5 for my G19. Surprised they aren't sold out yet with ebay auctions ending for over $80 for a pair of G17 10rd mags

Federal HST is my favorite .40 brand.

i bought some govt overrun ammo (xm40hc) for dirt cheap last year. $16.95 for a box of 50. 500 rds for $167.50.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWy2AB_AQYo[/ame]

https://www.gsnmagazine.com/node/25844

hey, if it's good enough for Department of Homeland Security, U.S. and Immigration and Customs Enforcement, ICE. :)

i bought some govt overrun ammo (xm40hc) for dirt cheap last year. $16.95 for a box of 50. 500 rds for $167.50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWy2AB_AQYo

https://www.gsnmagazine.com/node/25844

hey, if it's good enough for Department of Homeland Security, U.S. and Immigration and Customs Enforcement, ICE. :)

:exactly: A reason why I wanted to add one in my collection too

Thanks for the info, I'll see if I can find them if I decide to actually get it

Damn went to order FNX mags and they were all sold out! Anyone know a place selling these?

Damn. If you ever find another deal like that again please PM me the information. I don't even have anymore .40 handguns, but I'll still order some for the event that I do get one in the future.

All this talk of the .40S&W has got me eyeing the Sig P229 scorpion and it just so happens my local gun shop has one instock.

All this talk of the .40S&W has got me eyeing the Sig P229 scorpion and it just so happens my local gun shop has one instock.

I would get a HK or sig too but since I got a G17 the G22 lower can be swapped out with the G17 and vice versa. Even tho the extractor, etc is different on the lower I read that people had no problems shooting it when doing so. But I won't be doing that, just nice to know I will have options if I had to. Same for the 40s&w to 9mm conversion barrel, wouldn't use it unless I need to. I just like those options.

I was looking at a 9mm and a .40 of the same gun the other day and was leaning towards the 40 because I figured its the better round to which the guy helping me said that 40 is a worthless round and that I should either go .45 or just stick to 9. He said they make 9 ammo that's got better stopping power than a 40 and its cheaper. What's the thoughts on this? I've already got a 45 but want something smaller to carry.

I was looking at a 9mm and a .40 of the same gun the other day and was leaning towards the 40 because I figured its the better round to which the guy helping me said that 40 is a worthless round and that I should either go .45 or just stick to 9. He said they make 9 ammo that's got better stopping power than a 40 and its cheaper. What's the thoughts on this? I've already got a 45 but want something smaller to carry.

I've always thought .40 had more stopping power then the 9. The 9mm mags usually hold more rounds tough.

It seems to be a Coke vs. Pepsi issues if you google the two. Half the people swear .40 is better and the other half say 9mm. About the biggest thing I could glean from the search is that its more important to buy the right kind of ammo.

It seems to be a Coke vs. Pepsi issues if you google the two. Half the people swear .40 is better and the other half say 9mm. About the biggest thing I could glean from the search is that its more important to buy the right kind of ammo.

9mm vs. .40 is a closer call than Coke vs. Pepsi.

SnakeDoc

I own guns in both calibers but I tend to stick with 9mm for my carry guns. I'd rather have the extra capacity.

Well, I carry .40 S&W...got it on me now.

Most guys argue between the two having never shot either into an actual assailant or ballistic gel...me included! So I based my decision on the conclusion reached by my local police department. When they switched from .38 revolvers to 9mm semis, they noticed they were getting more collateral damage due to the higher powered, faster 9mm round. So when they moved to upgrade again, they went with the .40 S&W because it had great stopping power and was a slower round which meant less exits and lower collateral claims.

So much like all aspects of gun collecting, you need to weigh out what pros & cons matter to you most. All calibers will stop an assailant. Some just let him know he's been stopped sooner than others. On the other hand, if you can't hit the target, no calibers gonna help. So whatever you choose, it's probably more important that you can shoot than what you are shooting.

Well, I carry .40 S&W...got it on me now.

Most guys argue between the two having never shot either into an actual assailant or ballistic gel...me included! So I based my decision on the conclusion reached by my local police department. When they switched from .38 revolvers to 9mm semis, they noticed they were getting more collateral damage due to the higher powered, faster 9mm round. So when they moved to upgrade again, they went with the .40 S&W because it had great stopping power and was a slower round which meant less exits and lower collateral claims.

So much like all aspects of gun collecting, you need to weigh out what pros & cons matter to you most. All calibers will stop an assailant. Some just let him know he's been stopped sooner than others. On the other hand, if you can't hit the target, no calibers gonna help. So whatever you choose, it's probably more important that you can shoot than what you are shooting.

a lot of LEO's are changing from the 9mm to .45, bypassing .40 all together.

I would buy the S&w mp .40 because if you want you can change out the barrel and make it a 9. I prefer the .40 over the 9 but that's me. As the poster above said its preference. Doesn't matter if you don't practice or forget to carry it with you.

I've heard this similar argument, but it really comes down to which school of thought you subscribe to. I got rid of my .40 XD because the ammo was more expensive than my 9mm, and as already mentioned you can carry more 9mm in a single magazine so I started going with those.

I don't know if its true about better stopping power than a 40, but the modern 9mm had evolved if you compare it a long time ago and it's efficient enough.

But the debate can go on, people has been shot by 357 and 50s and still live to talk about it, where people who has been shot by 22lr and hasn't been so lucky. Shot placement is key. I say carry what ever you are comfortable with.

I myself owns 9mm and 45acp but want to get a 40s&w just to have one.

I would be comfortable carrying a 9mm, 40s&w or 45acp handgun rather than a 50ae. But to each their own.

Back