Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
adding a Zev magwell with brass insert to my Glock 34. it should add an additional 7.9 oz. i'll need to also pick up some Magpul speed plates. hopefully be here before Friday. woot!

Yeah, I already own nines and 45s. Want a 40 in my arsenal. But I'm leaning towards the G22 since I already own a G19 and G17

how about a G35?

IMG_9913_zpsb559d617.jpg

Yeah, I already own nines and 45s. Want a 40 in my arsenal. But I'm leaning towards the G22 since I already own a G19 and G17

You will be pleased with the Glock 22 as I love mine. Make sure it's Gen 4 as I like the the grip choices.

This is slighty off topic but since I've found one goes with the other a lot I figured I'd ask here. Is anyone else here a prepper? To one degree or another that is. I am.

I am not. I'm screwed if those wackos selling mre's at the gun show are right. Lol

To anyone here running suppressed. Have you ever encountered a Class 3 dealer that will allow you pay for your suppressor in increments? Say, put half down for deposit then pay it off when I get my paperwork processed and approved? I really want to get one, but I really hate the fact that I have to buy the suppressor, pay the $200 tax stamp, and then wait 6 or more months to use it.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

youtube vid works for me. weird.

my serious plan is get home as soon as possible and be with family. it's the only thing i've got planned for now. i haven't thought about bug out plans yet.

these water barrels would already be filled with clean water. i'm still looking into what it takes for proper storage, cycling, etc..

i figure i'm prepping for a major earthquake scenario. i'm picturing freeways and bridges would be jammed. my home is about 10 miles from work so getting there could be a nightmare.

i also need to get a bicycle that i can easily put in my car's trunk in case i'd ever need to abandon it.

Video no work :(

What's the treatment for the water? Tablets? I'm looking into a improved water storage system.

How come every time I shoot next to someone shooting a Glock their rounds eject up and over the separaters hitting me or landing all around me? It's happened four times now and every time it was a Glock.

This is slighty off topic but since I've found one goes with the other a lot I figured I'd ask here. Is anyone else here a prepper? To one degree or another that is. I am.

Yeah, we're working on it. I live in the bay area, which is basically earthquake central and I don't understand why people don't even have basic essentials to get them through a rough week or two, much less a long term crisis. I watch stories about people eating out of dumpsters after Sandy in NY, and those are people that make fun of people like me!

Anyways, we finally got my girls paperwork started for her first gun. It's a little Ruger sp 101 in 22, which I first ordered over a year ago. Took a while for my shop to get one in and it turned out to be on the exact same day I bought my rifles, so there's no way I could dump on another gun. We talked it over and by end of day decided we should just get it after all this time but when I stopped by after work it was already sold:slap

Skip ahead about a month. Turned out they sold it to a guy I know and had taken some shooting courses with and he had bought it for his gf, but she decided she wanted an auto instead so he put the gun back to the shop on consignment. The next day I stopped by to pick up some stuff and he was there doing some NRA memberships and the staff told me the same exact gun was available. He cut me a better price than he had it listed for, so it was way under retail. I put a deposit on it, but had to wait till it cleared consignment wait times, then we were on vacation and finally last weekend we got her in to take her test and get her background check going. Pick it up next week and she will officially be a gun owner:)

youtube vid works for me. weird.

my serious plan is get home as soon as possible and be with family. it's the only thing i've got planned for now. i haven't thought about bug out plans yet.

these water barrels would already be filled with clean water. i'm still looking into what it takes for proper storage, cycling, etc..

i figure i'm prepping for a major earthquake scenario. i'm picturing freeways and bridges would be jammed. my home is about 10 miles from work so getting there could be a nightmare.

i also need to get a bicycle that i can easily put in my car's trunk in case i'd ever need to abandon it.

Gotcha. Yeah I have the bug out scenario worked out, biggest fear here in NC is a major hurricane or a winter ice storm(we rarely get snow but usually ice, power was out 3 weeks once). I actually have my bag in my car at all times when I'm out of the house, my wife has to leave hers cause she worries about taking it out with a gun in it, so it stays home with main bags.

Yeah, we're working on it. I live in the bay area, which is basically earthquake central and I don't understand why people don't even have basic essentials to get them through a rough week or two, much less a long term crisis. I watch stories about people eating out of dumpsters after Sandy in NY, and those are people that make fun of people like me!

Anyways, we finally got my girls paperwork started for her first gun. It's a little Ruger sp 101 in 22, which I first ordered over a year ago. Took a while for my shop to get one in and it turned out to be on the exact same day I bought my rifles, so there's no way I could dump on another gun. We talked it over and by end of day decided we should just get it after all this time but when I stopped by after work it was already sold:slap

Skip ahead about a month. Turned out they sold it to a guy I know and had taken some shooting courses with and he had bought it for his gf, but she decided she wanted an auto instead so he put the gun back to the shop on consignment. The next day I stopped by to pick up some stuff and he was there doing some NRA memberships and the staff told me the same exact gun was available. He cut me a better price than he had it listed for, so it was way under retail. I put a deposit on it, but had to wait till it cleared consignment wait times, then we were on vacation and finally last weekend we got her in to take her test and get her background check going. Pick it up next week and she will officially be a gun owner:)

Congrats on the score. Yeah people look at me like I'm nuts when the topic of prepping comes up, but these are the same people that will be wanting help when the time comes, lol!

Prepping? not at all.

Home/self defense for when a major disaster strikes and desperate people are looking to loot and do whatever it takes to survive? yes absolutely.

How come every time I shoot next to someone shooting a Glock their rounds eject up and over the separaters hitting me or landing all around me? It's happened four times now and every time it was a Glock.

:lol I thought it usually hits the shooters face or over the shooters head?

Prepping? not at all.

Home/self defense for when a major disaster strikes and desperate people are looking to loot and do whatever it takes to survive? yes absolutely.

That's pretty much my take on it. Three weeks to a month of food and water, ammo for defense, and other essentials.

Where do you go shoot?

That's pretty much my take on it. Three weeks to a month of food and water, ammo for defense, and other essentials.

Where do you go shoot?

Usually Adventure Outdoors. I'd like to find something closer though and something outdoors as well. I was there today and every round this guy shot ejected and hit me on the head or foot or arm or landed on the table. It was ridiculous. That can't be normal.

Usually Adventure Outdoors. I'd like to find something closer though and something outdoors as well. I was there today and every round this guy shot ejected and hit me on the head or foot or arm or landed on the table. It was ridiculous. That can't be normal.

I'm pretty sure the glock gen 4's are known for having some problems and ejection problems were the main thing (If I recall). I wonder if they replaced "fixed" the ejection spring with something out of the norm?

Back