Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That colt 1911 is nice...but why would anyone use it for duty or cary with only a 7 round mag? So many better options out there.

Imo nothing beats the feel of a 1911, i dont own one personally but friends of mine have them and i have shot them and they are by far my favorite handgun design and very accurate, i can see why people would use it for duty. That being said i have the springfield xd .45 because it holds more rounds and is cheaper and arguabley more reliable(i have seen many 1911's bind up at the range and have yet to see an xd malfunction, other then the xds)

I own a 1911 and personally would prefer my glock 17/19 over it if SHTF

Thats how i feel about my xd .45, luv the 1911 but have seen too many bind up at the range, also it holds like half as many as the xd .45 and the glock is extremely reliable but the grip angle is unnatural for me personally.

I feel the same way. I have an XD .45 and a STI Spartan 9mm. I'm much much more accurate with the XD which makes me wonder if the sites are off on my STI, but as of right now I feel more comfortable with my XD and probably always will. We have a connection.

Yeah I love my 1911, but besides my MKIII .22lr, the last handgun I would grab is my 1911. If I was highly trained in the 1911 that would be a different story.

But I still think everyone should have one in their collection.

Yeah I love my 1911, but besides my MKIII .22lr, the last handgun I would grab is my 1911. If I was highly trained in the 1911 that would be a different story.

But I still think everyone should have one in their collection.

Absolutely, reliability issues i have seen personaly aside, the 1911 is my all time favorite handgun design and i will eventually own one, i really want a wilson combat one if i could afford it.

I'll submit another reason for why my 1911A1 is a last ditch gun behind even the P08 Luger and P38 Walther: I hate field stripping the bastard to clean it. The keyhole link is my nemesis now and forever.

Conserving my ammo, bought a tomahawk to throw around.

Absolutely, reliability issues i have seen personaly aside, the 1911 is my all time favorite handgun design and i will eventually own one, i really want a wilson combat one if i could afford it.

I have a Wilson Combat 1911 I'd bet my life on. Mass produced 1911, well that's a different story.

lol what a crazy turn of events. after all this time and thousands of dollars spent on guns...i find out that i qualify for LE/Mil discount with my commercial pilot status. DOH!

darkknight what as your Sig MK25 discounted price?

Just got back from shooting the Scar. Impressive and accurate. Love it. I had a hard time shooting at 100 yards because I think I need some glasses, but 50 I think I did pretty well. The wife gives a thumbs up and really had fun shooting it too. Next week I'm going to get my 1-4x zeroed in.
nnt8hd.jpg

16apgts.jpg

awesome wookie! your timing on getting the scar was impeccable too! :rock

lol what a crazy turn of events. after all this time and thousands of dollars spent on guns...i find out that i qualify for LE/Mil discount with my commercial pilot status. DOH!

darkknight what as your Sig MK25 discounted price?

:rock nice bro! I bought it on the low $800, I think $805 something like that.

Got these yesterday, 3- G17 mags for $23 each and some non military bulgy AK mags. Was plan on using it for the range but don't think it will happen, maybe for barter.
766A96D3-3558-4B04-BEFE-14BC39A23524-5114-000004A77F49B686.jpg

:rock nice bro! I bought it on the low $800, I think $805 something like that.

Got these yesterday, 3- G17 mags for $23 each and some non military bulgy AK mags. Was plan on using it for the range but don't think it will happen, maybe for barter.
766A96D3-3558-4B04-BEFE-14BC39A23524-5114-000004A77F49B686.jpg

im still looking for a few more glock 19 mags. I bought the last one from SEC a week ago. any leads?

Just got back from shooting the Scar. Impressive and accurate. Love it. I had a hard time shooting at 100 yards because I think I need some glasses, but 50 I think I did pretty well. The wife gives a thumbs up and really had fun shooting it too. Next week I'm going to get my 1-4x zeroed in.
nnt8hd.jpg

16apgts.jpg

Impressive indeed.
I attribute it to the recoil.
The bolt carrier group design and that PWS muzzle brake drive the rifle back, into your shoulder.
No rise whatsoever.

If you haven't already, try firing off three consecutive rounds.
At 50 yards you'll have a 2-inch grouping.

im still looking for a few more glock 19 mags. I bought the last one from SEC a week ago. any leads?

That's the only place I knew of, you bought the last one? Damn, they had probably around 20 left the time I bought. I'll let you know if I come across any.

Back