Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nash - Have you ever tried a red dot? I have a Nikon scope on mine and was just wondering which one you prefer? Scope or Red Dot.

Also... Just picked up my new baby.
9DA1FEE1-BD0B-4A91-BC79-CE79D276201F-2108-0000018DD862962F.jpg

Still waiting for my custom signature grips to come in.

Anyone know where I can find some affordable 44 mag ammo? Ammo prices has seriously sky rocketed. It's killer.

Cabela's had a good deal on 500 rounds of 9mm Federal with a free ammo can today for only $179 and it was in stock. I made the mistake of only ordering one. As soon as I finished checking out I thought to myself that I should just go ahead and buy more. It was sold out.

i have a vortex viper 4-16, awesome scope for the money.

Thanks. I'll look into that one too. Your AR looks sweet. I thought about going FDE but went black in the end.

Just put the Magpul stuff on it this morning. Actually found my first pmag at retail too. Got the last one at my lgs.

41F3F53A-3E4D-41F2-9983-5F50ADD77F13-2285-00000107220BF8F6.jpg

Not sure if I'll leave the front sight on the gas block or not. It's a piston so it shouldn't get too hot. Guess I'll find out when I get a chance to shoot it.

Thanks. I'll look into that one too. Your AR looks sweet. I thought about going FDE but went black in the end.

Just put the Magpul stuff on it this morning. Actually found my first pmag at retail too. Got the last one at my lgs.

is that a custom magazine? Looks pretty sweet.

Yikes. I hadn't heard that time frame. My LGS is getting them in on a fairly steady basis. I just missed a Sig 516 yesterday. It sold right before I got there. Wish being a member and repeat customer brought some perks but it doesn't. They won't "hold" guns for anyone. Just have to hit them at the right time.

Sorry to hear that.
The Sig516 is the toughest SOB I've ever used. The thing just doesn't know how to fail.

Maybe you can try elsewhere. Good luck.

GOW! That's pretty cool. I'm gonna have to steal that idea lol.

What made you decide to go with a piston system? Just curious.

I didn't really have any strong reasons for choosing the piston system. Main one was that I prefer the short gas block and most direct systems have the gas block/front sight combo. Also as far as price went it seemed like the mark up was much lower on the higher priced AR's if that makes any sense. As an example I saw guns from Windham, DPMS or S&W Sporters where they doubled the retail price while guns like the Sig 516 and LWRC AR's only added 10-15% over retail.

I didn't really have any strong reasons for choosing the piston system. Main one was that I prefer the short gas block and most direct systems have the gas block/front sight combo. Also as far as price went it seemed like the mark up was much lower on the higher priced AR's if that makes any sense. As an example I saw guns from Windham, DPMS or S&W Sporters where they doubled the retail price while guns like the Sig 516 and LWRC AR's only added 10-15% over retail.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the higher end stuff not being as marked up, so it makes sense to me too. I thought about getting piston when I got mine, but my buddy convinced me not to and since it's my first AR, I thought I should learn the traditional platform first. But I would like to get a piston rig someday (assuming I can).

:clap:clap:clap

That's awesome. How'd it shoot?

Damn near perfect! The recoil is little to none. At 50yds I had all 30 rounds inside 4 1/4 group. Would have been better but I flung a shot near the end. The feel to the gun is just great.

I also loved the way the Sig M11-A1 shot today, but truth be told my focus was on the KRISS.

Last edited:
Back