Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anybody using an Atlas bipod?

SCAR_zpsf3a0e6a2.jpg

I am using an Atlas Bipod on my Accuracy International AX 308. It's a great bipod. Mine isn't the QD one since my rifle is a precision rifle with no need to remove the bipod quickly. If you get one, I think you will be very pleased with it.

i have a vortex viper 4-16, awesome scope for the money.

d7af61fd.jpg

I have heard good things about those Vortex scopes. At what range are you shooting at? Is it a FFP or SFP? I believe it is SFP. My Nightforce is a SFP and I have been tempted to sell and get a Kahles or S & B FFP.

I have heard good things about those Vortex scopes. At what range are you shooting at? Is it a FFP or SFP? I believe it is SFP. My Nightforce is a SFP and I have been tempted to sell and get a Kahles or S & B FFP.

yeah the quality of the glass is great with illuminated reticle too.. The one I have is a FFP, but i believe there may be SFP options.

The range here has steel targets out to 400 yards i think, and paper targets out to 100 yards. not very far at all considering my OBR can reach out to 1000+ yards with sub MOA accuracy.

yeah the quality of the glass is great with illuminated reticle too.. The one I have is a FFP, but i believe there may be SFP options.

The range here has steel targets out to 400 yards i think, and paper targets out to 100 yards. not very far at all considering my OBR can reach out to 1000+ yards with sub MOA accuracy.

Yeah, I love my Nightforce but really wish it was FFP. Nightforce is coming out with a FFP this year in the 2.2-25, which is tempting. You have a nice rig. I am old school bolt action. I had a Sig DMR 556 as a starter rifle then a DTA 308 as I started shooting more. Just got the Accuracy International AX 308, which is being Class 3 threaded for a suppressor as we speak. Is yours a 308?

Yeah, I love my Nightforce but really wish it was FFP. Nightforce is coming out with a FFP this year in the 2.2-25, which is tempting. You have a nice rig. I am old school bolt action. I had a Sig DMR 556 as a starter rifle then a DTA 308 as I started shooting more. Just got the Accuracy International AX 308, which is being Class 3 threaded for a suppressor as we speak. Is yours a 308?

My Larue OBR is 556. I really do want to add a 308 to my collection but not with these crazy *** prices for guns and ammo right now. it's bad enough buying 556/223 ammo with these jacked up prices and low availability.

Just checked gunbroker and the same Larue OBR i have is currently at $4500 bidding :eek: Bought mine a little over a year ago for $1900.

Im so on the fence right now as to what to pick up next. I really want a Sig MK25 9mm, but also really want a Mossberg 590a1 for the home. damn, dont know what to do.

My Larue OBR is 556. I really do want to add a 308 to my collection but not with these crazy *** prices for guns and ammo right now. it's bad enough buying 556/223 ammo with these jacked up prices and low availability.

Just checked gunbroker and the same Larue OBR i have is currently at $4500 bidding :eek: Bought mine a little over a year ago for $1900.

Im so on the fence right now as to what to pick up next. I really want a Sig MK25 9mm, but also really want a Mossberg 590a1 for the home. damn, dont know what to do.

Shtogun moved to the top of my list. Prices on them are pretty good and there is a lot more ammo available. I can't even get 22 anymore.

Nice to see a guns thread :yess:

I love revolvers...call me old fashioned I guess...just love them.

I do have 9mm Sig P6 too.

But my favorites and the ones I shoot most of the time are-
Smith and Wesson .357 mag 8 shot Performance Center (stainless)
Smith and Wesson .44 mag 6 shot Performance Center (black)

and my new baby-
Smith and Wesson .500 5 shot Performance Center (stainless)

Good thing I have a loader to make the rounds...not cheap, esp. for the large calibers that take 30+ grains. If anybody needs help with Dillon accessories or presses, just lemme know :wave
I also have some great sources for reloading items such as projectiles, powders, casings, etc.

Got me 200 rounds of .223 for $130...ouch!

That's better than I've seen. I've been on a road trip from Florida to Tennessee and back and pretty much hit every pawn shop, Walmart, academy and gun shop I've seen. Best "deal" I found was $15 a box for pmc xtac 5.56. I also haven't come across a single MB 930SPX yet. It's like that gun has fallen off the face of the earth

I haven't been to any of the local shops but one. But I called them and everyone is out.

The prices I qouted above are from my Internet finds. ****s so expensive, once you get it, you won't want to shoot it!

I can see me now...bang, bang, bang, bang, bang...there goes the first five bucks!

Just checked my MidwayUSA account and now they are saying the pmags won't be available until 3/7!!!

That sucks...

Nice to see a guns thread :yess:

I love revolvers...call me old fashioned I guess...just love them.

I do have 9mm Sig P6 too.

But my favorites and the ones I shoot most of the time are-
Smith and Wesson .357 mag 8 shot Performance Center (stainless)
Smith and Wesson .44 mag 6 shot Performance Center (black)

and my new baby-
Smith and Wesson .500 5 shot Performance Center (stainless)

Good thing I have a loader to make the rounds...not cheap, esp. for the large calibers that take 30+ grains. If anybody needs help with Dillon accessories or presses, just lemme know :wave
I also have some great sources for reloading items such as projectiles, powders, casings, etc.

I'm a revolver guy too. I've got a smith 629 and I just bought a super blackhawk. Bought them both used. The smith was super lightly used and is pretty much new, the ruger's had some use but that's fine w me. My regular range guns are a ruger p89 9mm and a mossberg 500 w/ hogue pistol grip. I can't wait to shoot my super blackhawk. I need to find some more reloads for it tho.

I have a question for you guys. I downloaded the new dlc for black ops 2 and one of the items we got was a new gun. It's called the peacekeeper. It's a smg but has the range and accuracy of an assault rifle. Is this a real gun or something they made up. I'm just curious is all.

I have a question for you guys. I downloaded the new dlc for black ops 2 and one of the items we got was a new gun. It's called the peacekeeper. It's a smg but has the range and accuracy of an assault rifle. Is this a real gun or something they made up. I'm just curious is all.

I've never heard of it Josh. I think it may just be a COD thing. I used it the other day though and it seemed pretty effective in the game.

Do you have a pick? Could be a real gun with a made up game name.

Son of a *****! I just heard Chris Kyle was killed at a shooting range in Texas today. :(

RIP Mr. Kyle

Back