Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never heard of it Josh. I think it may just be a COD thing. I used it the other day though and it seemed pretty effective in the game.

I hadn't either but I figured I'd ask. Seemed a little more high tech than what might be real.

Do you have a pick? Could be a real gun with a made up game name.

I forgot to take a pic while playing. Ill snap one tomorrow.

Awful. What American would want to murder him?
blain02.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/...lly-shot-at-texas-shooting-range-report-says/

What a shame. Died while trying to help someone out. Went to the range today to zero in my scope. What a pain in the ***. My groups were tight, but I apparently screwed up with the scope mount and didn't use enough thread lock with it because it kept coming loose while shooting. :slap

Here's a quick pick of my setup:
wqq4aw.jpg

I have a question for you guys. I downloaded the new dlc for black ops 2 and one of the items we got was a new gun. It's called the peacekeeper. It's a smg but has the range and accuracy of an assault rifle. Is this a real gun or something they made up. I'm just curious is all.

According to this page ...

https://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Black_Ops_2

... the 'peacekeeper' is a fictional weapon that may be partially based on the AAC Honey Badger.

This is the 'peacekeeper' ...

600px-Peacekeeper.jpg

... this is the AAC Honey Badger ...

2011-10-10_17-12-18_51.jpg

It also looks a bit like the LWRC UCIW (Ultra Compact Individual Weapon) ...

UCIW.jpg

Son of a *****! I just heard Chris Kyle was killed at a shooting range in Texas today. :(

RIP Mr. Kyle

Yeah, I just read that on Drudge. Seemed he and another guy took a Vet to the shooting range to help him with PTSD ... and the guy turned his weapon on them.

Damn shame.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
I'm a revolver guy too. I've got a smith 629 and I just bought a super blackhawk. Bought them both used. The smith was super lightly used and is pretty much new, the ruger's had some use but that's fine w me. My regular range guns are a ruger p89 9mm and a mossberg 500 w/ hogue pistol grip. I can't wait to shoot my super blackhawk. I need to find some more reloads for it tho.

Congrats!
Sweet guns :clap

How is the kick for the 629 vs. the Ruger ?

I'm also curious about the shorter barrel 44's and the amount of recoil.

What a shame. Died while trying to help someone out. Went to the range today to zero in my scope. What a pain in the ***. My groups were tight, but I apparently screwed up with the scope mount and didn't use enough thread lock with it because it kept coming loose while shooting. :slap

nice set up, but go with Larue mounts. Best mounts you can buy, and they are quick disconnect and always return to zero as long as you reattach them in the same position.

Congrats!
Sweet guns :clap

How is the kick for the 629 vs. the Ruger ?

I'm also curious about the shorter barrel 44's and the amount of recoil.

Picking up the ruger this week, then I just wanna give it a quick cleaning and head out to the range this Friday. I'll let you know about the recoil then. Although I'm assuming the smith might have a bit more of a kick for some reason. But honestly the .44 doesn't kick that bad. Not as much as I thought it would anyway.

nice set up, but go with Larue mounts. Best mounts you can buy, and they are quick disconnect and always return to zero as long as you reattach them in the same position.

While I'm not disagreeing that Larue makes great mounts I'm going to go with American Defense Manufacturing's Delta mount that is specific for the Scar. There's a vendor on the FN forum that keeps them in stock and offers a generous discount for board members.

After shooting it for the second time I've decided that this is "My" rifle. I haven't had any stoppages from it, it's accurate as heck, and it definitely has a loud bark. I just wish I could afford (and find) more ammo for it. After I get the Tavor and have some fun with it I think my next purchase will definitely be a really good scope for the Scar sometime this summer.

https://fnforum.net/forums/attachme...car-ssr-adm-delta-mount-pictures-100_2977.jpg

Tried to get my lgs to match Academy's price on the Sig P938. No go. Guess ill wait for an online deal or the next gun show.

Just want some .223 or 5.56 that doesn't cost .75 to $1 a round.... ugh. Guess I'll still have to wait for a while before taking that rifle out to the range again.

In the meantime I picked up a ruger 10/22 to upgrade and have some fun with.. but now finding out that I can't even find any damn .22lr rounds anywhere!?!? jeez

Got an email from midwayusa this morning that they cancelled the 2 KCI 40 rounds AK magazines that was on back order. Still got 4 AK tapco mags and 4 pmags still on back order. Hope it goes through. Just got my other 2 pmags delivered sometime last week from them.

Just want some .223 or 5.56 that doesn't cost .75 to $1 a round.... ugh. Guess I'll still have to wait for a while before taking that rifle out to the range again.

In the meantime I picked up a ruger 10/22 to upgrade and have some fun with.. but now finding out that I can't even find any damn .22lr rounds anywhere!?!? jeez

No doubt, it's crazy out there.
The 2 Walmarts near me have limited all ammo purchases to no more than 3 boxes per customer on a single purchase.

Doesn't really matter anyway as their shelves are always emptied out.

Picking up the ruger this week, then I just wanna give it a quick cleaning and head out to the range this Friday. I'll let you know about the recoil then. Although I'm assuming the smith might have a bit more of a kick for some reason. But honestly the .44 doesn't kick that bad. Not as much as I thought it would anyway.

That's cool..

Are you loading your own rounds ?

I shot some 44's at the range the other day...used the rounds they sell..it didn't kick much. I'm pretty sure they use light loads.

Ganders having a decent sale if you have one nearby. I missed out on the $.45 .223 but did get some 5.56 for $.50 a round. Also picked up a brick of .22, some 9 and some .45

yesterday the guy at walmart told me what time they stock ammo.
so today i went to two walmarts within the time frame and was able to get two 12 gauge 100 round value packs for $25, and two federal 9mm for $13.

Since i work close to the walmart and i get off when they stock, only a matter of time untill i get a chance to pick up one of those federal 223 value packs.

I just scored a scar16s, what do you guys suggest for optics, aimpoint, acog, eotech........?

It really depends on how you plan on using it.

Aimpoints and eotechs are your go-to optics for CQB scenarios. They can be used at range with practice, of course, but if you really want to reach out (>200 yards) you'll be better off with magnification.

yesterday the guy at walmart told me what time they stock ammo.
so today i went to two walmarts within the time frame and was able to get two 12 gauge 100 round value packs for $25, and two federal 9mm for $13.

Since i work close to the walmart and i get off when they stock, only a matter of time untill i get a chance to pick up one of those federal 223 value packs.

So, Andrew... you ended up getting a shotgun and a 9mm? Congrats.
What models did you get? Mossberg and Glock?

Back