Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yesterday the guy at walmart told me what time they stock ammo.
so today i went to two walmarts within the time frame and was able to get two 12 gauge 100 round value packs for $25, and two federal 9mm for $13.

Since i work close to the walmart and i get off when they stock, only a matter of time untill i get a chance to pick up one of those federal 223 value packs.

That 100 pack of 12ga is exactly what I buy too man. I don't care what guns I own or buy I always have to have a shotgun with me when I go to the range. It's just more fun that way.

Oh and Felmar no I don't load my own rounds. I either buy them at Walmart or at shows. The ones I get at shows are really good if I get them from a particular guy. His reloads are generally cleaner than the new ones from Walmart. He even puts hollow points on the 44 specials. Not that they're my home defense rounds or anything, but I think it's still cool.

yesterday the guy at walmart told me what time they stock ammo.
so today i went to two walmarts within the time frame and was able to get two 12 gauge 100 round value packs for $25, and two federal 9mm for $13.

Since i work close to the walmart and i get off when they stock, only a matter of time untill i get a chance to pick up one of those federal 223 value packs.

Congrats. I made a successful run this morning. Waited 30 mins for Big 5 to open but got a 200 round box of 223, 5 boxes of 9 and a brick of 22. There were like 15 people lined up behind me and I'm sure the inventory was wiped out in 5 mins. Didn't look like they had much.

I just scored a scar16s, what do you guys suggest for optics, aimpoint, acog, eotech........?

What type of use will you use? I run a acog or Eotech red dot on my 17s. I put a enhanced scope on for those reach out and touch times though.

just picked up a sig mk25 for $850 out the door.

darkknight, decided the hell with it and bought the display one at SEC. the guy ends up telling me that they have a brand new one while he was ringing me up. I was pretty happy about that! also, ran down to HPD and was out of there within 15 mins. no line today! stoked.

just picked up a sig mk25 for $850 out the door.

darkknight, decided the hell with it and bought the display one at SEC. the guy ends up telling me that they have a brand new one while he was ringing me up. I was pretty happy about that! also, ran down to HPD and was out of there within 15 mins. no line today! stoked.

Nice! Wow only 15 mins. So you got a untouched MK25? Sweet. Next week I'm gonna try and hit the range. Been there lately? Is it still busy?

Did they still have more .223 and AK ammos? I'm bringing my older bro and I told him he gotta buy his own ammo if he wants to shoot

Nice! Wow only 15 mins. So you got a untouched MK25? Sweet. Next week I'm gonna try and hit the range. Been there lately? Is it still busy?

Did they still have more .223 and AK ammos? I'm bringing my older bro and I told him he gotta buy his own ammo if he wants to shoot

yeah no one was at the station at 1130am today. i just hope it is the same when i go back 2 weeks from now. and yup, brand spanking new still dripping in oil MK25 :)

SEC still had the american eagle 20 packs for $13 and i think they had the AK ammo. there was a box next to the .223 that all i could see was 7.62 on the sign.

I might pick up a 22lr soon just for the hell of it. any recommendations on what rifle to get and ammo brands? i have no idea about that platform as ive been ignoring it the whole time since i never thought i'd get one.

As for koko-head. i havent been there in 2 months so im not too sure how busy it is. been going to magnum to have a bit more fun shooting handguns.

yeah no one was at the station at 1130am today. i just hope it is the same when i go back 2 weeks from now. and yup, brand spanking new still dripping in oil MK25 :)

SEC still had the american eagle 20 packs for $13 and i think they had the AK ammo. there was a box next to the .223 that all i could see was 7.62 on the sign.

I might pick up a 22lr soon just for the hell of it. any recommendations on what rifle to get and ammo brands? i have no idea about that platform as ive been ignoring it the whole time since i never thought i'd get one.

As for koko-head. i havent been there in 2 months so im not too sure how busy it is. been going to magnum to have a bit more fun shooting handguns.

Cool bro! Thanks!

As for 22lr, rifle or handgun? Rifle I got a Ruger 10/22 and marlin 795. The 10/22 is like the glock of the 22 rifles with unlimited after market parts. I'd go with that. Pistol I only own a Ruger Mark III Competetion model with side slab barrel. Sweet *** 22. I hit the plates at kokohead easier than shooting my glocks or HK. But if you want a conventional slide check out the Ruger sr22. As for ammo, just get te bulk packs since its made for plinking. You can see I'm a fan of Ruger lol

Edit: my bad, you was asking about 22lr rifles. Definitely Ruger 10/22, or the clone Uzi or MP5 made by umarex if you don't mind paying over $500-$600. Kaneohe gun shop did some reviews and the test was solid. Check out his site he has some reviews and maybe still has them instock.

I second the Ruger 10/22, both my wife and I love ours. I have the takedown.

Nice! I was gonna pick up the take down aswell, but during the time I saw it instock I had already spent $2k on rifles. And it was a ***** trying to find them instock.

Anyone have a Chiappa Rhino?

They look cool but if I had a g to spend on a .357 I think I'd go for a smith performance center or a ruger and a buttload of ammo. A buddy of mine shot one and he said they shoot well tho.

Just got 200 rounds of 5.56 for $15.95 a box, not too bad. It's 55gr FMJ.

I just bought a case of Federal for $500. Just missed on the some 1000 round bulk ammo cans they had for $400. They only got 40 of them in.

The guy in the checkout line ahead of me spent $3600 on ammo. With a limit of a case per caliber. Crazy.

I couldnt agree more on the Ruger 10/22. Just add a Promag Nomad stock like the one I have and you will be... :blissy

SAM_0796_zpsbd1a651f.jpg

I have a H&K 416D and I love it, mind you I've stocked up about 12 mags before this current mess started, mags are a tough find I think still. It's a great .22lr IMO.

Damn! I was on vacation and come back home and went to my parents house yesterday expecting to pick up the 2 pmags I ordered from midwayusa because tracking shows it was shipped on 1/26. Nothing! Just got off the phone with customer service and got a refund. Hats off to midwayusa, but what's going on with USPS? With news saying they are talking about not delivering packages on Saturday, 1/26 was a Saturday. I smell conspiracy lol

Back